Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorola Razr
Just thought I would share that Appalachian Wireless is releasing the Motorola Razr the week of March 20th.  Heard there was going to be a great promotional price for the phone when it is released.  Heard it could be 99.99 with a new 2 yr service agreement.  If anyone is interested just contact me by email at [email]jallen@ekn.com[/email].  I will get back to you as soon as I can.
I have had my Razr for about two months now and absolutely love it.
Razrs are nice and Appalachain gets alot better service than Cingular but I have a little cheap like $40 phone that is smaller than a Razr and I don't have to be in a contract or anything, think that I will stick with it.
Yeah I go through Cincinnati Bell Wireless and they don't have contracts either, and I got the phone for $85
i've got the razr.. i'm going to get the slvr pretty soon i think.. My razr is cool, but the screen gives problems.. dust settles on the inside really easy.. so if you get one.. keep it clean
Razr's are alright, pretty good phones. My brother got a new cingular plan so I stopped using my mom's cell phone and got my own. We both picked up razrs. Figured the Cingular/Appalachian deal wouldn't bother me too much once I move to Prestonsburg.

CTD, when you get the slvr, protect it. I seen alot of complaints of the screen getting scratched up.
Well Reiz, his complaint about the dust was right. It was in Josh's the other day so beware.
I keep mine clean. Smile
[quote author=Reizvoll link=topic=20673.msg208171#msg208171 date=1142031869]
Razr's are alright, pretty good phones. My brother got a new cingular plan so I stopped using my mom's cell phone and got my own. We both picked up razrs. Figured the Cingular/Appalachian deal wouldn't bother me too much once I move to Prestonsburg.

CTD, when you get the slvr, protect it. I seen alot of complaints of the screen getting scratched up.
[/quote]

I kept my screen clean too. but they just collect dust..
It goes in behind the screen because of the little holes on the side. I would say that to get it out you may have to take the phone apart IF you can even get to that part..
they told me at cingular it was a factory problem. and i could send it off and get it fixed
I love my razr. got it for 68.73. I have cigular though and wish I had Appalachian Wireless
I wish that I had my current phone with Appalachian service...you can't get service inside of East Ridge and that REALLY sucks.
how much will the razrs be if you already have a contract but you want one of them anyway
i like cingular better than i liked appalachian.. once you get out of pikeville and into other states, app wireless starts to suck really bad..
That would be the only downfall to it. I heard that App. works great until you get down farther than like Lexington and stuff.
That's what I'm saying CTD. I might not leave the state often, but I am definately getting out of pikeville.
App. Wireless gets perfect signal outside of Pikeville Reiz, just not like in Georgia.
A question for anyone who might know:

Does appalachian reach to Cleveland?
I just want to let you guys know a little something about the Appalachian Wireless of new.  Appalachian Wireless is a regional cell phone service provider that covers counties in Eastern Kentucky.  What most of you don't know is that when you leave the eastern Ky. service area, you will roam off of one of our roaming partners.  These roaming partners are:  Verizon Wireless which covers all of your major cities, Alltel which covers areas like Ashland, Huntington, etc., and we also pick up off of some Sprint towers.  Now the old Appalachian Wireless was basically pointless once you leave our service area, but that has all changed.  Another thing that we are in the process of doing is expanding our home service area so that it covers as far west as Owensboro, up to Cincinnati, and possibly as far east as Richmond, VA.  This is something we are working on and hoping to have completed by 2009.  And by the way, yes you will pick up in Cleveland.  :thumpsup:
My razr had dust under the screen and they gave me a new phone for free.
I just want a PINK ONE!
[quote author=BCF4L link=topic=20673.msg208595#msg208595 date=1142089025]
I just want to let you guys know a little something about the Appalachian Wireless of new. Appalachian Wireless is a regional cell phone service provider that covers counties in Eastern Kentucky. What most of you don't know is that when you leave the eastern Ky. service area, you will roam off of one of our roaming partners. These roaming partners are: Verizon Wireless which covers all of your major cities, Alltel which covers areas like Ashland, Huntington, etc., and we also pick up off of some Sprint towers. Now the old Appalachian Wireless was basically pointless once you leave our service area, but that has all changed. Another thing that we are in the process of doing is expanding our home service area so that it covers as far west as Owensboro, up to Cincinnati, and possibly as far east as Richmond, VA. This is something we are working on and hoping to have completed by 2009. And by the way, yes you will pick up in Cleveland. :thumpsup:
[/quote]

you are just trying to get a sale lol.  when i was in california last year my app wireless didn't pick up good at all.. in gatlinburg it did even worse.. While in vegas i got charged roaming fees..
Yeah, I read what he said and in order to use it in Cleveland, you will be charged roaming. That's basicly the only place I'd be travelling to besides when I move.
If you stay in the mountains, stay with App~ Wireless,but overall Cingular is good.

I'm saving up my money for a SLVR, those look... hot..
hahah nice little paris quote
[quote author=Reizvoll link=topic=20673.msg208964#msg208964 date=1142115977]
Yeah, I read what he said and in order to use it in Cleveland, you will be charged roaming. That's basicly the only place I'd be travelling to besides when I move.
[/quote]If you have a nationwide plan you will not get hit with roaming charges.  CTD, you shoulda brought it in cuz I'm sure they would have taken the roaming charges off.  If it's a nationwide plan then you're not charged roaming.
they didn't have nationwide when i got mine.. i had to upgrade when  i got that bill
[quote author=crazytaxidriver link=topic=20673.msg209029#msg209029 date=1142122106]
they didn't have nationwide when i got mine.. i had to upgrade when  i got that bill
[/quote]We now have nationwide calling.  So anywhere that Verizon Wireless gets service, App wireless gets service.  App wireless has come a long way in the past year and we're finally getting to be where we wanna be.  Never been a place yet that I don't have service.  My managers have been to Rochester, NY,  Lake Tahoe, NV, and Scottsdale, AZ and haven't had a problem yet.  Also had a coworker go to the Bahamas and had service.  Of course there were roaming charges there since it's not in the nation, but still had the service to make a call.
[quote author=crazytaxidriver link=topic=20673.msg208139#msg208139 date=1142029744]
i've got the razr.. i'm going to get the slvr pretty soon i think.. My razr is cool, but the screen gives problems.. dust settles on the inside really easy.. so if you get one.. keep it clean
[/quote]

I just got a SLVR about 2 weeks ago and it's pretty sweet.