Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County To 59th District
What's everyone's thoughts concerning the proposal of Lawrence County moving to the 59th District? Apparently the Board of Control placed the proposal on the agenda of its last meeting only to be tabled until April. Geographically, this makes no sense to me.:ape:
They play each other ever year, so I don't see the distance a problem.
I'm sure no one wants Lawrence to move up there because that would mean that Pike County would have a four team district and now the 57th district wouldn't eliminate half of the competition in the district tournament.

I don't see how it's ever been justifiable to have a five team district in a region with two three team districts.
Not to offend anyone but they shouldn't be in the 15th region. No one in Pike County wants to be forced to have to travel to LC. If they are going to do that then they need to redistrict all the teams....
It means they are coming to what they see as an easier district to win. It makes no sense to bus kids over 60-80 miles to play a district game. This smells of politics to me, but that is just my $.02
Now that it's known who will be on the board of controls, I don't think they(LC) will want to move. I think they were being proactive trying to stay out of the 16 th. What team in the 15th can compete in the 16th? I don't blame them.