Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Martin is hanging on...
Allen Central head coach Johnny Martin told us this week on the radio during a live interview that he is being evaluated by the administration and his future at Allen Central is still hanging the balance. Coach also told us that he wants to return, that he has a great group of kids and he cannot see himself ever coaching against Allen Central.

Hopefully, the administration and SBDM council will make the right decision and bring Coach Martin back. He also said that he wanted to leave on a winning season, and not leave the team in a bad shape. He also said that if he is to be replaced, he wishes the decision would come soon because the program needs to prepare for next season, with camps and scheduling.

Give him another season. Put the rumors to rest. I'm personally calling out the administration and SBDM to address this issue. Don't let it linger. Get it done!
Johnny Martin is a class act and has coached 30 plus years and has brought a lot of pride to the Allen Central program. Looking back over the years he has been one of the top coaches in the 15th region. True that the last couple of years his young program has not done as well as he would have liked. This will happen to any coach over a period of time. To say he is being evaluated at this point of his career is rediculus. Someone needs to evaluate those who want to evaluate him. This man will go down as one of the fine coaches ever in the 15th region and certainly his peers think this now.
It is time to give Coach Martin a strong vote of confidence and let him remain as Allen Central coach for as long as he would like. He has worked a lot of long hard hours and I am sure he is a better coach today than ever before just because of his long tenure. Give one of the better coaches a little respect.
all i have to say is politics......... :no:
I hope that Johnny Martin get to stay at Allen Central he is such a good coach/leader.
Hang in there Johnny.All of Ac are rootin for ya!!
We in Floyd county don't have a chance if someone like Coach Martin doesn't get his job back. Floyd county politics is the roust in the world. You need to look at what Coach Martin has done for the last 30 years not just the last 2. I have heard that 4 jobs will be open in Floyd county boys basketball. (south Floyd, Prestonsburg, Allen central, and Betsy Layne) had anyone else out there heard the same thing. And does anyone have Coach Martins total wins and Losses.
To all the Coaches in Floyd County God Bless you for having to put up with all the crap for the Board and the Politics that has always been in Floyd county. The ones who are really getting hurt are THE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree it will hurt the players
Good Luck Coach :thumpsup:
I have heard that 4 jobs will be open in Floyd county boys basketball. (south Floyd, Prestonsburg, Allen central, and Betsy Layne) had anyone else out there heard the same thing.
Quote:

i have heard about the jobs at BL and AC but not P-burg or SF ....
Rose has told several he will be stepping down.
Martin wants to stay
Hall is not leaving South floyd
Crisp is staying as far as I know

So i would like to hear who your sources are
I hope Martin stays hes fun to watch
I heard if martin leaves Pack from pburg will be the front runner.
I hope Coach Martin gets to stay. He is a great coach.
Any Coach, Especially One Of Coach Martin's Statue, Should Be Allowed To Leave On Their Own Terms. I Think That It Would Be A Great Loss To Floyd County Basketball If Coach Maritn Is "Forced" Out As BasketBall Coach.  Good Luck Coach Martin And Here's Hoping You Get To Leave On Your Own Terms.  :thumpsup:
[quote author=downtown link=topic=20614.msg208431#msg208431 date=1142051338]
I heard if martin leaves Pack from pburg will be the front runner.
[/quote] Where in the world did you hear this!? :lol:
Coach Hall will return at SFHS unless he choses to leave.  End of story!
I hope that they make the right decision up there at Allen Central!!!