Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Co. 47 - Russellville 39
Lady Cougars 47,
Lady Panthers 39
The Lady Cougars (9-12, 3-3 District 13) pulled away in the fourth quarter, putting a tough stretch of games behind them with a 47-39 district win over the Lady Panthers.
Logan County entered the game having lost six of its last seven. But the Lady Cougars got 14 points from senior guard Jaylin Jones, finishing the game on a 9-3 run after Russellville (11-12, 2-3) pulled within 38-36 with 2:34 left.
“I’m ecstatic and so proud of our kids,” Logan County coach Scot MacAllister said. “I couldn’t be more pleased with their effort and how big their heart was.”
Logan County led 19-14 at halftime and 29-24 at the end of the third quarter after a 3-pointer at the buzzer by freshman guard Maegann Hardison.
Russellville climbed within one but never tied the game or took the lead, and the Lady Cougars scored the final six points of the contest on free throws.
Hardison and freshman forward Kapreshia Powell, playing in her first game back after a concussion, each scored 10 points for Logan County. Russellville, which had won five of its previous six, was paced by senior guard Imani Hampton’s 14 points.
The Lady Panthers host Butler County at 7:30 p.m. Monday. Logan County hosts Edmonson County at 6 p.m. Tuesday.
“The whole year we’ve been saying the district is our schedule, and that all other games are practice for that,” MacAllister said. “We’re just trying to get better every time out so we can get back to Diddle.”
LCHS – 13 6 10 18 – 47
RHS – 7 7 10 15 – 39
LCHS – Jones 14, Hardison 10, Powell 10, Brown 6, MacAllister 4, Hunt 3.
RHS – I. Hampton 14, D. Sydnor 7, Rosser 6, A. Sydnor 4, K. Hampton 3, Elliot 3, Bigbee 2.

http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/logan-...963f4.html