Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co. Central 103 - Cordia 22
LCC Boys/Girls 236 - Cordia Boys/Girls 71
This is a disgrace to the game of basketball. I hope the starters were able to increase their shooting stats and feel good about their performance against a grade school team. I don't believe I would have posted this score.
Are you serious? Simple solution would be to only play your "grade school team" at a grade school level if they're actually grade schoolers to prepare them for high school. Not just throwthem to the sharks. Schools fault. congrats lcc
holly Wrote:This is a disgrace to the game of basketball. I hope the starters were able to increase their shooting stats and feel good about their performance against a grade school team. I don't believe I would have posted this score.
Where you at the game? Do you realize LCC must play this team rather than a more competitive one..not once but twice.
LCC sweeps Cordia in a big way.
holly Wrote:This is a disgrace to the game of basketball. I hope the starters were able to increase their shooting stats and feel good about their performance against a grade school team. I don't believe I would have posted this score.

I need to address this ignorant statement.

1. Letcher Central has to play this team as it is a district seed game. This is one of the negatives with seeding.

2. LCC is a pressure defensive team who in this game played a 2/3 zone with one foot in the paint to allow Cordia to shoot the ball primarily 3/4 of the game. They never ever pressed during this game.

3. As the game progressed the Coach made LCC run a play every single time up the floor which involved multiple passes.

4. Almost every person on the team scored in the first half with two Junior Varsity players who rarely play varsity being two of the leading scorers.

5. None of the starters increased their shooting stats as most of the starters scored less then they normally do.

6. The only place this game was posted was on the KHSAA scoreboard because as a member school you are obligated to put it on there. Nothing was turned in to the newspapers. This was put on BluegrassRivals by someone in Northern Kentucky.
That's all a team can do. You can't tell them not to shoot.
Seeding is the way to go but Cordia is really young for a High School team. They had some players quit for one reason or another and ended up with a lot of grade school girls playing varsity. You can't ask players to not play, when you back up on a zone, don't press and run offense every time down the floor...what more can you do? It would be an insult to quit playing against them.
I wish Cordia could build a more competitive team. I hate watching games like that. Even when Jenkins is not very good(as they have had some good teams in the past), they always have enough good players to put a scare in you if you don't come ready to play.
From a fans persepctive, how could this have been enjoyable?
I like the idea of having a seeding tournament like they did in Vollyball. Get it over with so you can schedule different teams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
MrsSportsFan Wrote:From a fans persepctive, how could this have been enjoyable?

I don't think anyone said it was.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I like the idea of having a seeding tournament like they did in Vollyball. Get it over with so you can schedule different teams.

They would still have to play twice. The old rule where tournaments count as one game doesn't exist now. Each game in each tournament counts as one game. That is the reason you don't see as many individual games scheduled for teams. Especially ones who play in several tournaments.
I just hope LCC didnt press the whole game !! If they did,,,,,, shame on you !!!
KyGurl Wrote:I just hope LCC didnt press the whole game !! If they did,,,,,, shame on you !!!

They didn't press one solitary second of the game.