Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 63 - Somerset 32
Wright is a piece of work pressing when were up 25 with 4 minutes to go and not to mention somerset had already subbed. Classy!!!!! That won't do anything but come back to haunt us when it counts. Just like when we beat mccreary and didn't let up even when they were handicapped. It was almost like they wanted to make a statement to Pulaski and we all know how that turned out,,, we got our butts kicked. And if kapinga has been back in Canada for the past 5 or 6 days how he get to play as much as he did,,, but I guess that was a stupid question since he is wrights star recruit
Ouch indeed. Jumpers got a smack in the mouth tonight. I thought it might be a little closer after the game we gave Pulaski the other night. SW is just a matchup nightmare for Somerset this season.
Warriors ran away with this one from start to finish.
The only thing that suprised me, was beating them this bad at Somerset. For some reason, in the past, SW never plays well in that gym. Good win for SW.

I agree with the above post that SW is a nightmare matchup for Somerset this year. Somerset is just to young at the guard position to handle SW's Length and Pressure.
That was a rough one. Somerset guards looked pretty rushed and panicky the entire game...Could barely get it across halfcourt.

That said, it was a great atmosphere and had great attendance. As offensive as they might have been to some, the signs and body paint of the canadian flag with an X through it and the USA chants were really funny from the Somerset student section.
It was a great atmosphere at The Briar Patch. It was good to see a packed-out gym, too.
SW — 17 18 10 18 — 63

SHS — 7 8 9 8 — 32

Southwestern — Lewis 12, Edwards 12, Collier 9, Kapinga 9, Schulz 5, J. Epperson 5, Marlow 4, C. Epperson 3, Merrick 2, Isaacs 2

Somerset — Lange 15, R. Dishman 4, Megargel 4, Cheuvront 4, Gordon 2, Weddle 2, B. McWilliams 1
The intensity in this game was outstanding!! Loved to see the two teams diving on the floor for loose balls, battling for rebounds, even the score was bad it was fun to watch. I have to give credit to the Jumpers for fighting from start to finish.

Coach Daniel's quote in the paper is true. The Warriors were much more physically stronger than the Jumpers. The Warriors used that to their advantage and dominated inside. Cannot wait for next friday when the Warriors play the Maroons after last night's performance from the Warriors.
xtrapoint Wrote:The intensity in this game was outstanding!! Loved to see the two teams diving on the floor for loose balls, battling for rebounds, even the score was bad it was fun to watch. I have to give credit to the Jumpers for fighting from start to finish.

Coach Daniel's quote in the paper is true. The Warriors were much more physically stronger than the Jumpers. The Warriors used that to their advantage and dominated inside. Cannot wait for next friday when the Warriors play the Maroons after last night's performance from the Warriors.

Very true. The only Somerset players that were physical enough to play with the Warriors inside were Lange and Speaks. Lange was able to put up 15 points and Speaks was able to hold his own on defense but is not an offensive threat. Other than those two Somerset got pushed around in the paint on offense and defense.

The Warriors are just a bad matchup for Somerset. The Briar Jumpers can play with the Maroons a lot better than Southwestern. If you take Somerset's top 8 players and put them up against Pulaski's top 8 players the Maroons have a big advantage at 2 spots, 1 spot is about even and Somerset has an advantage at the other 5 spots. Not only does Southwestern play about 9-10 kids a lot but you'd have a hard time saying Somerset has an advantage with any of their top 8 against Southwestern's top 8. Southwestern may not have a huge advantage at some of those spots but when they can bring in a sub that is just as good as the starter it wears teams down.

Great game by the Warriors. I they play like that in the postseason they will finally get the monkey off of their backs and win that elusive first regional title.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Very true. The only Somerset players that were physical enough to play with the Warriors inside were Lange and Speaks. Lange was able to put up 15 points and Speaks was able to hold his own on defense but is not an offensive threat. Other than those two Somerset got pushed around in the paint on offense and defense.

The Warriors are just a bad matchup for Somerset. The Briar Jumpers can play with the Maroons a lot better than Southwestern. If you take Somerset's top 8 players and put them up against Pulaski's top 8 players the Maroons have a big advantage at 2 spots, 1 spot is about even and Somerset has an advantage at the other 5 spots. Not only does Southwestern play about 9-10 kids a lot but you'd have a hard time saying Somerset has an advantage with any of their top 8 against Southwestern's top 8. Southwestern may not have a huge advantage at some of those spots but when they can bring in a sub that is just as good as the starter it wears teams down.

Great game by the Warriors. I they play like that in the postseason they will finally get the monkey off of their backs and win that elusive first regional title.

Totally agree Norm. Pulaski's lack of depth was favorable for the Jumpers, but Southwestern's loaded depth was a nightmare for them.
Southwestern seems to have the most talent in the 12th.