Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peyton Manning (New Team)
All reports are that Manning can be release as early as next week.

As the #1 Peyton Manning fan in the world, I'm going to hate this... But I understand.... I will always be a Peyton Manning fan wherever he goes.

Lets not turn this into a Manning hate thread....

So here is the question's.....
What question should Manning be asking himself about where to go?

Where should be sign?

First thing Manning should ask himself is, What kind of O-line does each team have? Can I win here?

Teams I think Manning should really look into: - 9 teams

- Houston Texans - Good Def, Foster, Johnson, and knows the system.

- Baltimore Ravens - Good Def, Rice --- I know they have there guy but still he ain't Peyton Manning

- San Francisco 49ers - GREAT Def, Good O-line, Gore, Davis --- I know they have there guy but again he's no Peyton Manning

- Arizona Cardinals - Fitzgerald, Wells, and a weak division

- Dallas Cowboys - Good WR's, Good Def, and MONEY --- Jones will try

- Miami Dolphins - Marshall, Bush, Jake Long, and Pretty good Def.

- Jacksonville Jaguars - MJD, OK Def, and knows the system.

- Chicago Bears - GREAT Def, and Forte.. --- I can see them calling Manning

- Minnesota Vikings - Peterson, and Good Def.

Teams that Manning should NOT talk to: - 11 teams

- Kansas City Chiefs
- Seattle Seahawks
- Cleveland Browns
- New York Jets
- Washington Redskins
- Buffalo Bills
- Tennessee Titans
- Denver Broncos
- Oakland Radiers
- Tampa Bay Bucs
- St. Louis Rams

Teams that won't contact Manning: - 12 teams

- Green Bay Packers
- New England Patriots
- Indianpolis Colts
- New Orleans Saints
- New York Giants
- Philly Eagles
- San Diego Chargers
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- Detroit Lions
- Atlanta Falcons
- Carolina Panthers
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Manning WILL NOT be released, lol.
Guys let my tell you, if they won't release him, and they have to pay him that much money, he better play due to his injuries because if he doesn't Peyton will be laughing all the way to the bank.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
If Peyton is healthy, he plays. There is zero circumstances that Peyton is not the starting QB for the Colts next year if he is not released.
^ I hope Peyton is back in Indy next year but I'm thinking he's gone...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Send him to the jets...mentor sanchez for a minute.
$28 million is a lot to pay someone that might not play or play well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Overrated Wrote:Send him to the jets...mentor sanchez for a minute.

I don't think Manning would want to play for Rex. Not Peyton's kind of style....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Honestly, I think it comes down to Miami, Arizona, San Francisco. I think Arizona gets the nod of all these teams because they are an indoor team, something Peyton has become accustomed to over the years. With at least 50% of his games being indoors every year.

10 indoors in 2010
14 indoors in 2009
10 indoors in 2008
11 indoors in 2007
12 indoors in 2006.

that's enough to sway a close decision if you ask me, especially since he's getting older. They are all warm weather cities so I think that will make it close, but indoors on turf is something he has gotten used to.
I support Peyton Manning wherever he goes, and I do not think that he will be back in a Colts' uniform. I can see Peyton going to Arizona. Fitzgerald is a stud and he and Manning would torture defenses if they could both stay healthy.
Peyton and Isray are suppose to meet next week about his Contract
I don't see him back in a Colts uniform. They are trying to rebuild and if Peyton isn't 100% able to play by the deadline the Colts won't give him the extension. It will be exciting to see where he ends up if he does get released
He's gone.
Irsay is to smart to keep a player who could do virtually nothing next year especially when you have the number 1 pick who is a qb.
Screw this mentor stuff. I dont buy into all of that. Just like with Rodgers. He learnt more on his own and with the help of coaches than he did from Favre.

If the Colts are smart they will trade him for as much as they can get.
For the idea of sending him to Baltimore, i dont want him.
You might get 2 or 3 more years max out of him. I would like to see a great qb come to Baltimore, but i think Peyton is just about done.
Irsay has never been shy to cut ties with a player when their career is winding down. I think we can rule a trade out, the way the contract is set up...if they Colts keep Manning long enough for the league year to start which would be when they could trade him...They would be responsible for essentially every penny of the 28mil even if they did trade him. So I think its either cut him or play him.
I'll tell ya what's going to happen.
My most hated player ever, will go to my most hated team. It's just a perfect fit. The Brady/Manning rivalry continues.
Manning to the Jets. Rex wants Manning, we all know it.
Aslan Wrote:I'll tell ya what's going to happen.
My most hated player ever, will go to my most hated team. It's just a perfect fit. The Brady/Manning rivalry continues.
Manning to the Jets. Rex wants Manning, we all know it.

I don't think it was happen...

Manning isn't that kind of guy to play for Rex.

Coaching will have a big part in where Manning does go...

Even tho Rex would turn Manning loose and let Manning run the Off. and Rex would just take care of the Def. It's all the off-field-talk that Rex does that would stop Manning from going to New York.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I swear the more I really think about it, I can really see the Dallas Cowboys trying to get in on Manning...

A lot of talk over the last few years about Romo, and who loves being talked about more then Jones... Wherever Peyton does go will be a "talked" about team all off-season..

Bad thing is.... I hate Dallas
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Minnesota goes out and gets another veteran QB.
Only way he stays in Indy is if he agrees to restructure his contract and do something about that 28 mil he is supposed to get as an option or bonus or whatever. The Colts are not gonna pass on the future (Luck) and keep Manning with having to pay him that much. They can't afford it.

Either way his time in Indy is not long. He either leaves now or in a few years when they decide to let Luck take over.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
ekff Wrote:I swear the more I really think about it, I can really see the Dallas Cowboys trying to get in on Manning...

A lot of talk over the last few years about Romo, and who loves being talked about more then Jones... Wherever Peyton does go will be a "talked" about team all off-season..

Bad thing is.... I hate Dallas
Dallas needs a total image change. What they are doing there has simply not worked. best thing they can do is try and deal a way to get Robert Griffin III as their new QB.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

Well, the Colts are a BRAND NEW team, and that is the new team that he will be playing for next season!
Stardust Wrote:Well, the Colts are a BRAND NEW team, and that is the new team that he will be playing for next season!
I think he stays, but I do think they will have to do some things with his contract. BUT the Colts are gonna draft Luck. They have to. He is the future for them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They draft Luck, verify in the Summer that Peyton can play, then trade Luck and get a deal similar to what the Cowboys got for Herschel Walker. If Peyton is healthy, he plays for another 5 years. Luck will get a nice signing bonus, but his salary will be in a range. That makes him easy to trade without a team worrying about his contracted salary going against their cap. The Colts could turn this into a bonanza that could not only set their future with a number of draft picks, but still gives them the next few seasons to develop a QB!
According to sources Peyton has been medically cleared to play. Luck said he hopes to play in the NFL Right Away
^ Aaron Rodgers expected to play right away as well.
I really do think Manning Stays.
Stardust Wrote:They draft Luck, verify in the Summer that Peyton can play, then trade Luck and get a deal similar to what the Cowboys got for Herschel Walker. If Peyton is healthy, he plays for another 5 years. Luck will get a nice signing bonus, but his salary will be in a range. That makes him easy to trade without a team worrying about his contracted salary going against their cap. The Colts could turn this into a bonanza that could not only set their future with a number of draft picks, but still gives them the next few seasons to develop a QB!
I dunno if Irsay gambles on Peyton's neck like that. I am glad I am not in his shoes right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Manning won't be back in Indy next year, Irsay almost confirmed it when talking about the Colts finances.
I'd love to see Manning in Indy til he retires. But if he don't end up there, I hope and pray he would never go to the Jets! I just could not handle it!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
If he is traded or released I would absolutely love for him to become a Houston Texan