Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville: New Coaches
whats happening at paintsville any news like schedule,spring practice,or how many showing up for weights and ineach class sr jr soph,fresh how many showing interest
bluestorm Wrote:whats happening at paintsville any news like schedule,spring practice,or how many showing up for weights and ineach class sr jr soph,fresh how many showing interest

Rumor is not many upper classmen, the school has a rule that if a kid is playing a sport then they can't do anything with another sport until the first sport is finished even if they quit the first sport. Also Dakota Ray has left and went back to Pike Central, Prater Helton has been cleared by doctors so should have his first healthy season so that will be exciting for the Tiger fans. The schedule will be the same as last year as I asume they are under contract. As far as spring practice some will be on the baseball team and others on track @ field, so not many will be allowed to participate.
just wondering Wrote:Rumor is not many upper classmen, the school has a rule that if a kid is playing a sport then they can't do anything with another sport until the first sport is finished even if they quit the first sport. Also Dakota Ray has left and went back to Pike Central, Prater Helton has been cleared by doctors so should have his first healthy season so that will be exciting for the Tiger fans. The schedule will be the same as last year as I asume they are under contract. As far as spring practice some will be on the baseball team and others on track @ field, so not many will be allowed to participate.

Courtesy of the KHSAA.
thanks for info
IRISH4 Wrote:Courtesy of the KHSAA.

The KHSAA has a rule that says if a kid quits the basketball team he can't lift/condition with the football team until the basketball season is over? Never heard of such. Do you have a reference to the specific KHSAA by law?
I never heard of it either.
I don't believe that is a KHSAA rule. Rather, I believe it is an individual school rule.

I know MANY other schools whose football players also play other sports, but continue to condition and work out for football year round...even in the midst of another sport.

Now there may be some semantics at work: conditioning and workouts part of "P.E" and not actually "conditioning for another sport", but I don't know.

But, like always :biggrin:, I could be wrong. I would have to see the specific KHSAA ruling though.

If such a rule exists, it would force most kids to be mediocre at several sports, or just choose the sport they like the best/are the most talented at. I can't believe the KHSAA would sanction that.
charlie22 Wrote:The KHSAA has a rule that says if a kid quits the basketball team he can't lift/condition with the football team until the basketball season is over? Never heard of such. Do you have a reference to the specific KHSAA by law?

Specific by law I'm unsure of. I know many coaches at many schools that have had the same thing happen with kids that quit football. Those athletes could not participate in another sport until the sport they left finished. Their reason was due to a specific rule of the KHSAA. Now that may have changed since there is the new "open season" rule implemented this year. However, I still believe that's the case.
Besides Joe Chirico being named the Associate Head Coach, who else did BMR bring back?
IBleedTrueBlue Wrote:Besides Joe Chirico being named the Associate Head Coach, who else did BMR bring back?

Rumor is the same losers that have been there, one would think after suffering for a few years they could see that the same message from the same staff of so called coaches is old and not being heard. It is stale and outdated. Good luck Tigers.