Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 71 Pike Central 63
wow, nice win BL!!!!
Well I didn't expect this one. Congrats BL!
Congrats BL, coach Rose did a great job in stopping Lowe.
wow congrats Betsy Layne
Good job BL. I felt like Pike Central would win this tournament, congratulations on proving me wrong.
I'm not sure why I picked PCC to win, I knew their selfish play would catch up to them sooner or later. They might have been able to beat Pikeville or Johnson Central with only 6 assists, but not a good Betsy Layne squad.
BL seemed to be in control the whole night.  PCC tried to make a run there towards the end and got within 3 I believe but could never close the deal.
Congratulations Betsy Layne sounds like you all played like a team and got a big win.
Congrats Betsy Layne
We all picked this game to be an upset game if there was going to be one. Great minds here on BGR. Congrats BL.
Congrats to BL.......
I have said for a while now that, even though their chances of winning a game in Lexington are slim, if Pike Central, Paintsville, or Belfry doesn't win region, the 15th will get even more embarassed than last year if thats possible.
Good game BL.
This is probley the biggest upset I've seen all season... BL must have played their hearts out.. tough break PC I had you guys going into the championship possibly.. congrats BL
Great game from Betsy Layne..........
The team that wanted it the most won it last night...I still feel like Central was the better team just did not play team ball like they had been, did not play defence, did not hit their free throws and let BL get to many second shot oppurtunities...Congrats to BL and good luck on your road to the finals...

To my PC boys you all had a great season and had the best record in school history i know it is hard but crap happens life continues after basketball...To Eric Slone i'm so proud of you last night you played like a champion i think you opened many eyes and hopefully you will be playing in college next year you deserve it...
[quote author=HARLEY link=topic=20527.msg205733#msg205733 date=1141694291]
Brad Lowe had 23. Besty Layne played a 1-3-1 and 2-3 zones alnight. Hey what ever gets you the win. Congrats to Besty Layne on the win. Good season to PCC ane to Brad Lowe great senior season.
[/quote]

What surprised me is that Brad Lowe only had 3 points in the first half....shocking for someone of his calibur who is averaging around 29 points a game.

Brandon Kidd, nice game young man!  You rocked the floor last night.  I was cheering you all on and you didn't disappoint. However, come Friday night I will have to be rooting for my Golden Eagles of course.
Great job Bobcats. Congrats to Brent Rose on the boys in blue. You played a heck of a game.  :bow:  You've played good solid team ball all year, but that may just be one of the better performances I've seen this season.  Great job down low for Kidd, Case and Witt. Excellent ball movement by Thacker and Stapleton. You got the hawks, now let's claw some eagles. :hungry:
[quote author=Imnottelling link=topic=20527.msg206392#msg206392 date=1141743516]
[quote author=HARLEY link=topic=20527.msg205733#msg205733 date=1141694291]
Brad Lowe had 23. Besty Layne played a 1-3-1 and 2-3 zones alnight. Hey what ever gets you the win. Congrats to Besty Layne on the win. Good season to PCC ane to Brad Lowe great senior season.
[/quote]

What surprised me is that Brad Lowe only had 3 points in the first half....shocking for someone of his calibur who is averaging around 29 points a game.

Brandon Kidd, nice game young man!  You rocked the floor last night.  I was cheering you all on and you didn't disappoint. However, come Friday night I will have to be rooting for my Golden Eagles of course.
[/quote]
Brandon Kidd jump up my list quick last night as far as 15th region talent. I'm not saying I'd have him as the top player in the region, but if I had one player in the region to build my team around I would't hesitate at all with having Kidd. His is carrying his team and is probabily the best leader in the region when you need leadership on the floor. he has been underratted(by me) all season long..He really impressed me against PCC.
GREAT JOB BOBCATS!!!!...woooo..... :thumpsup:
Good win and congras to BL I made a statment in another post i would dread to play BL or Pikeville at this time of the year.
I really don't understand all the posts saying this was an upset.  BL beat Pike Central in the last 2 weeks of the season at Pike Central.  They lead from start to finish in that game also, by as many as 25 points, before PC made a second half comeback.  The win for Betsy Layne was really not all that surprising to me.
BL was not afraid of playing PCC at all in fact they knew they had this game before they even played Kidd is showing you all what he has been doing all year long by dominating teams
[quote author=eastkycoach link=topic=20527.msg206839#msg206839 date=1141875953]
I really don't understand all the posts saying this was an upset.  BL beat Pike Central in the last 2 weeks of the season at Pike Central.  They lead from start to finish in that game also, by as many as 25 points, before PC made a second half comeback.  The win for Betsy Layne was really not all that surprising to me.

[/quote]

I think it was an upset due to the fact that Pike Central was really the favorite to win the 15th region. Congrats to all the runner-ups of their district to prove that the 15th is wide open and any one can win. :bow: