Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's leading for Mr. Basketball?
What's everyone's thoughts?
Sawyer Denniston should be.
Sawyer Denniston??? You got ahold of some good stuff.
Tamron Manning - Scott County
Adam Wing - Rowan County
Manning is the best player in the state.
Jaysean Paige..haha
king360 Wrote:Jaysean Paige..haha

If Perry makes it to Saturday morning and Paige has a good showing in 3 games at state, I wouldn't be surprised. This is one of those years that Mr. Bball might not be determined until the sweet 16 finishes. Same for Wing as Paige, and he already has an upper hand after last years performances.
DJ Townsend of Rowan Co
Mekale McKay, Moore
Stardust Wrote:Mekale McKay, Moore

wow, i completely forgot about McKay. If Moore can win the region, then he'll have a good shot. I'd put him up there with Manning
If Clark County Keeps winning you have to throw Bopper Stenzel's name in the mix. He was the only starter back from last seasons team.
D IT UP Wrote:If Perry makes it to Saturday morning and Paige has a good showing in 3 games at state, I wouldn't be surprised. This is one of those years that Mr. Bball might not be determined until the sweet 16 finishes. Same for Wing as Paige, and he already has an upper hand after last years performances.

I agree with this.
Paige is one of the best players in the state. I believe Perry Central has a chance to bring the title back to the mountains. I just do not see Paige getting very many votes becasue of this being his first year in Ky.
Paige is the best senior in the state, IMO!!!! I agree with D IT UP, if pcc can make a deep run I look for paige to b right in the mix. He is easily the most exciting player in the state.
In no particular order:

Paige (PCC)
Wing (Rowan Co)
Townsend (Rowan Co)
Manning (Scott Co)

I'm sure there are more. These are just some of the best players that I've seen play.
Nathan Dieudonne from Trinity is in the top five. The kid can play and Trinity is haveing a good year.
Great on both ends of the court:Clap:
Wire Wrote:DJ Townsend of Rowan Co

I would take him over Wing. I also really like Jay Johnson, but him being hurt and missing fhe first half of the season has hurt his chances. Maning is very good as well as Dieudonne. Paige is a nice player, but he would have to have a outstanding tourney like Hickey did last year to win. I really believe whoever has the best showing at the state tourney will win.
If any year was the year to break the mold of only seniors this would be the one in my opinion. Don't think that ends up happening though... I would have McKay at the top and Manning second though I personally believe that's more based off hype than warrant in Manning's case
I'm calling a Townsend, Mr. Basketball, I believe RC has a pretty good chance to be playing on Sat. night.
MVP2 Wrote:I'm calling a Townsend, Mr. Basketball, I believe RC has a pretty good chance to be playing on Sat. night.

With the draw the 16th got, I agree. Also agree if he has a good state tourney, he could win. He has really improved his stock lately IMO. Wings has gone down.
When you conmpare player to player on ability, you need to look beyond how many points each person makes. You should look at how many attempts a player has shot the ball as well. This would open everyones eyes to true ability and better skills perhaps. I did just that when comparing D. Townsend to A. Wing. Adam is leading in percentages in all catagories plus rebounds and I hear his leadership is second to none. So my vote would be cast for Wing. Since they both play on the same team. D. Townsend just shoots more therefor the higher scoring number, but A Wing is more accurate and reliable. Both great players and should have great careers beyond high school if they move on to colleges. RC should do well at state as long as they don't trip up on the way. :Thumbs:
Not tacking anything away from this kid he is a good H.S. Basketball player. I would hope that Ky could field a guy in the senior class that can play D-1 Basketball. That is the type of kid that should represent Ky as Mr. basketball. Again this boy is a good player but he is a 6'5 6'6 Center.
balln12 Wrote:When you conmpare player to player on ability, you need to look beyond how many points each person makes. You should look at how many attempts a player has shot the ball as well. This would open everyones eyes to true ability and better skills perhaps. I did just that when comparing D. Townsend to A. Wing. Adam is leading in percentages in all catagories plus rebounds and I hear his leadership is second to none. So my vote would be cast for Wing. Since they both play on the same team. D. Townsend just shoots more therefor the higher scoring number, but A Wing is more accurate and reliable. Both great players and should have great careers beyond high school if they move on to colleges. RC should do well at state as long as they don't trip up on the way. :Thumbs:
The reason he shoots more is because he can create shots, not only for himself but also his teammates. He is IMO, 1 of the best seniors in the state. This kid gets it done everytime I watch him play. Take him off the floor against Bullitt East and they get spanked. Wing is a great shooter with good size, but Wing makes his team go.
Townsend from Rowan Co.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
GetChili Wrote:In no particular order:

Paige (PCC)
Wing (Rowan Co)
Townsend (Rowan Co)
Manning (Scott Co)

I'm sure there are more. These are just some of the best players that I've seen play.

I agree with this list.
Sawyer should not be Powell's Pelfrey shut him down in Wolfe and the freshman Cornett played excellent defense.
We all know how this voting goes. If you do not play for one of the big schools in Turd Bird, I mean Red Bird Land or Lexington, you will not get the real consideration for Mr. Basketball. It is more a popularity contest than anything. Think about it, who votes on this. People who write and promote certain teams. I would love to see Wing or Townsend get it. I would even support Paige getting, even though I think he is distant 3rd, over a kid that just gets his name in the paper for playing for a PRP, Trinity, or Madison Central.

:flame:
Lizzard Wrote:We all know how this voting goes. If you do not play for one of the big schools in Turd Bird, I mean Red Bird Land or Lexington, you will not get the real consideration for Mr. Basketball. It is more a popularity contest than anything. Think about it, who votes on this. People who write and promote certain teams. I would love to see Wing or Townsend get it. I would even support Paige getting, even though I think he is distant 3rd, over a kid that just gets his name in the paper for playing for a PRP, Trinity, or Madison Central.

:flame:
Last year Hickey won and he in not from one of those areas and the year before the Guard from Sheldon Clark won, so lets be fair about the process. I do think that Wing and Townsend deserve some consideration, i guess my problem with Paige is he is a transfer from another state if they make it to the sweet 16 i would put him in the running. But to be honest and fair, the kid from Trinity is a legit contender, he can play (not going to try and spell his name and not looking it up now). And Hawkins from MC would be too if he were a senior. And of course there is Manning from Scott County.
I went back to last year's stats as well where wing led in points scored and the percentages all favored him as well. DJ Towownsend great player, but Wing should be leading at this point. Still some season left. Tight race between the two. Adding comment to Bullitt East game last year. Take Wing out and there wouldn't have been a game. Made almost every shot attempted. He clearly won the game and recieved MVP for his effort. Others see the difference! So, is Mr. Basketball decided on this years efforts only or do you include past seasons? Who knows this answer?