Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owen Co 55 Buckhorn 37
Matt Day of Buckhorn (16-4) with 21 to lead all scorers. Jarrod Ball with 12 and 8th grader Carson Williams with 11 points and 6 boards lead a balanced Owen Co (16-7) attack.

Owen Co vs Covington Holy Cross tomorrow at 8pm. Should be more competitive than the AA football playoff game back in November to two schools played. Smile
Good win.
Tomorrow they have the Tourney Favorites.
Good Luck to the Rebels
Actually, Buckhorn is now 16-4...but I cant find the edit button to change.
Congrats to the Rebels!
ROUND 2 fellas!!! lol, looking forward to it. Im certain it will be much more competitive than the football game.
The_OC Wrote:Actually, Buckhorn is now 16-4...but I cant find the edit button to change.

I got ya covered
I guess this answers the question from a previous thread. Dang, I thought Buckhorn would go further. I guess not.
Day picked up 2 quick fouls and had to sit.
They got behind and never came back.
zaga_fan Wrote:Day picked up 2 quick fouls and had to sit.
They got behind and never came back.

Buckhorn never had the lead.
Owen Co jumped out 5-0, and led 12-3 after one quarter.

Day picked up two fouls within a 20 second stretch in the first while Owen led 9-2 late in the first, and left the game. Surprisingly, while Day was out, the Rebels outscored Buckhorn only 7-6. He returned and Owen Co then went on a 12-4 run to end the half to lead 31-13

The closest Buckhorn got the rest of the way was down 7 after the end of 3rd, 33-26, thanks in large part to Day scoring 11 straight points and Owen completely going cold on offense. Whatever they discussed in the huddle worked for Owen, because a 9-0 run to start the 4th pretty much ended Buckhorn's hopes from that point.

http://www.allaclassic.org/State%20Brack...me%206.htm
Style of basketball and the strength of schedule makes the diffference between 13- 15 regions vs 6-11 regions. It is a battle everynight in the 6 thru 11 regions. Owen is one of 8 teams that could win the 8th region this season.