Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adams named Head Coach at Whitley County
Kyle Adams has been named head coach at Whitley County. Burton Richardson stepped down due to health concerns. Adams has been the head middle school coach for the past few years, prior to that he was an assistant coach for John Smith while he was at Whitley.
Adams worked hard at the middle school level and sent several players to the high school who will be contributing for years to come. He is solid in his teaching of fundamentals and the kids respond well to him. No word on his replacement at the middle school.

Good Luck Coach Adams!
Hope Burton recovers well. Where did Adams play at in High School/College? Or any other levels for that matter had he made it that far. Hope he does well over at Whitley, seems like their getting a new coach every couple of years or so.
Aldric Perfidus Wrote:Hope Burton recovers well. Where did Adams play at in High School/College? Or any other levels for that matter had he made it that far. Hope he does well over at Whitley, seems like their getting a new coach every couple of years or so.

Kyle played basketball and baseball at Paintsville High School. I know his family very well. Great people. Kyle, as it was said, was an assistant for a long time at the high school. I know that Whitley has some great baseball facilities and Kyle played a major part in developing those facilities. This is IMO, a great hire for Whitley Co.
I agree this is a great hire for Whitley County. He has paid his dues and learned how to run a program. I have watched his development over the years and expect big things from the program with Coach Adams at the helm. One of his biggest attributes is that having played with winning teams at Paintsville he understands how and what it takes to win. Coach Adams is also a great teacher in the classroom. He takes a lot of pride in his responsibility in being a head coach no matter what the level, middle school or high school. He was also a great umpire prior to getting into coaching full time.
Adams-first year
Richardson-three years
Ledington(bad hire)-one year
Smith-4 years
Greer-one year
Peace-7 or 8 years

I look for Adams to be the head coach as long as he wants the job. Which should be a long time. (hopefully)
He's a great guy and a good coach. I think he was an umpire when my son came through.