Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 77 Jenkins 42
Final from Shelby Valley.

Whitney Creech from Jenkins sat this one out with an injury and it was also the first game in a Shelby Valley uniform for Breanna and Alyssa Fraley. SV looked pretty good and will be very tough by the end of the season.
I still cant figure out how a dad can tell a head coach and principal Im taking them to SV because he is a better coach than you are and the KHSAA rules them eligible. That is after they have practiced a month and played in Warrior night.
fedscreekviking Wrote:I still cant figure out how a dad can tell a head coach and principal Im taking them to SV because he is a better coach than you are and the KHSAA rules them eligible. That is after they have practiced a month and played in Warrior night.

I wonder who is going to give up their playing time for the Fraley girls.
Looks like some people are a little jealous.....
You can call it the hell what you want. Everything is fine and dandy for them but how about the friends and teammates they left to suffer through a 2-15 season. With them ER would be at the worst 10-5. If rules are not to be followed then let everybody do as they please.
They moved?...How did they break the rules.....
That's a loop hole in the system. It would be almost impossible to fix. Even though the only reason they changed schools is to play basketball they still changed address's. So that makes it legal. Look at Perry central I bet everyone in the 14th region can't wait for those girls to be gone.
Anybody got any stats?
fedscreekviking Wrote:You can call it the hell what you want. Everything is fine and dandy for them but how about the friends and teammates they left to suffer through a 2-15 season. With them ER would be at the worst 10-5. If rules are not to be followed then let everybody do as they please.

They transferred because their parents had to move from Elkhorn City to Robinson Creek. Real life happens. Believe it or not there are more important things than basketball. The Fraley sisters didn't break any standards or rules. They were eligible to play because they did, in fact, move from the East Ridge area to the Shelby Valley area. These young ladies had no control over where they ended up going to school. Please, do not bash the girls for something that is entirely out of their control.
Their dad threatened to move them a week befrore they really left. He ask for and got a meeting with the ER staff. At the meeting he told thr coach I am moving them because he is a better coach than you are. That is a FACT. Dont get on here and throw out bs.
This will make Valley tough to beat.
Seems pretty suspicious that she transferred in Nov. just before bball season. Everybody knows her dad was shopping her around at the end of last season knowing ER would be weak with McCarty gone. However, this does make SV a major threat in the region this year and next. I truly don't believe the Fraley's moved for the right reasons. Call it what you want but as long as SV continues to recruit they'll be tough to stop.
If I were you ER I wouldn't talk about SV recruiting ....Might wanna turn around and look at yourselves, OHHHH CANADA...........:dudecomeon:
I'm not from ER.
Doesn't matter......They didn't RECRUIT her....she came on her own....its not like the coaches went out and said "Hey come to SV"....They didn't need to ....SV was going to be a good team anyway.
I hope the girls are happy and have fun!! Basketball is not a matter of life and death. Good luck to Shelby Valley as well as the all the teams.
SV is a good team but she puts them as a regional contender IMO. That's the missing link they needed. Was ER's coach not a good coach last year when they won the district? SV knew her dad wanted to leave so she could be on a better team so I believe they had something to do with it (IMO). And why would they HAVE to move to Robinson Creek? A whole 15-17 miles, give or take from Elkhorn. What's in Robinson Creek?
This is girls bball. For all I care send the Canadians back home. Bre is the BEST all round player in the region. Their transfer changes the 59th from a tossup to SV is heavy favorites. Yes they moved but it was to play ball. The KHSAA rule state if a move is for sports you must sit out a year. And dont kid yourself if the move was totally legit they would have been eligible six weeks ago when they first moved not declared ineligible. What happened was always what happens once you appeal it enters the world of politics and strings can be pulled.
fedscreekviking Wrote:This is girls bball. For all I care send the Canadians back home. Bre is the BEST all round player in the region. Their transfer changes the 59th from a tossup to SV is heavy favorites. Yes they moved but it was to play ball. The KHSAA rule state if a move is for sports you must sit out a year. And dont kid yourself if the move was totally legit they would have been eligible six weeks ago when they first moved not declared ineligible. What happened was always what happens once you appeal it enters the world of politics and strings can be pulled.

So you're saying Valley got her eligible because it's Valley and any other school couldn't dp it?
No a lot of people can pull strings. Only one question Why were they declared ineligible at first and it took 6+ weeks to get them eligible?
It's been under review....and the KHSAA waited to have the hearing.
fedscreekviking Wrote:This is girls bball. For all I care send the Canadians back home. Bre is the BEST all round player in the region. Their transfer changes the 59th from a tossup to SV is heavy favorites. Yes they moved but it was to play ball. The KHSAA rule state if a move is for sports you must sit out a year. And dont kid yourself if the move was totally legit they would have been eligible six weeks ago when they first moved not declared ineligible. What happened was always what happens once you appeal it enters the world of politics and strings can be pulled.

You must be dreaming...:please:
Bre will for sure help, because she is a very good player, but don't forget SV would still have a pretty good team even if she hadn't been ruled elgible.
eldorado Wrote:SV is a good team but she puts them as a regional contender IMO. That's the missing link they needed. Was ER's coach not a good coach last year when they won the district? SV knew her dad wanted to leave so she could be on a better team so I believe they had something to do with it (IMO). And why would they HAVE to move to Robinson Creek? A whole 15-17 miles, give or take from Elkhorn. What's in Robinson Creek?

Shelby Valley was a regional contender without the Fraley girl. The missing link you speak of may turn out to be the messing link, Let's wait and see how she blends in with the girls that have been working hard through the summer and this season. They may not be as thrilled about her waltzing in and taking playing time away from them. I've seen transfers come in and help and I have seen them come in and a teams season fall apart. Time will tell.
True. I was just saying she adds another element to that starting lineup because I don't think they're very deep anyway. She can play the 3/4 position and is good enough to earn that playing time. I think it's a given that she'll take playing time away from the others but it will be because she's just better. Yes SV's record is good but they haven't really played anybody which they hardly ever do. The two best teams that they've played are Southwestern and Sheldon Clark Which SC beat them at their place (which is a tough place to play) but SC didn't have either Porter or Newsome (correct me if I'm wrong).
Several replys 1There may be players who shoot rebound etc better than Bre but if you put all facets of the game together please name me the players better 2 no one said recruited I said illegal TRANSFER becaue her Dad did meet with ER staff and he said they are going to SV to play ball because he is a better coach than you are 3 the ER staff ran their offense through her and allowed her to shoot several questionalble shots per game. It will be interesting to see how she handles not having the ball in her hands all the time
You are worng Porter had 32 points when they played.
OK, I knew Newsome didn't play and someone said another one of their players sat out that game and they thought it was Porter. Porter is a beast but that's neither here nor there.
Teams get transfers all the time. Teams that don"t get them complain and cry!! I agree with a previous reply. It is time to let it go! She is playing and we will see what happens! Good luck to all.
fedscreekviking Wrote:Several replys 1There may be players who shoot rebound etc better than Bre but if you put all facets of the game together please name me the players better 2 no one said recruited I said illegal TRANSFER becaue her Dad did meet with ER staff and he said they are going to SV to play ball because he is a better coach than you are 3 the ER staff ran their offense through her and allowed her to shoot several questionalble shots per game. It will be interesting to see how she handles not having the ball in her hands all the time

I didn't say YOU....and yes above If you look above ...yes someone did say "If SV continues to recruit".....but it doesn't even matter, Bre is playing and had a good game against BL last night....