Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) Kentucky 77 - Alabama 71
Final
Hell of a game...Davis with another game ending block.
Alabama is quite the team. Tough-nosed and they play with heart. Another hard-fought victory for Kentucky.
To be honest, if there was one team i was scared of knocking us off at Rupp this year, it was Bama
Glad to see we came through.
Coach Grant has the Crimson Tide playing hard. They are not the most talented but he gets everything he can out of them. Vandy played really well the game before this for Bama. It is tough to lose two in a row but to lose to Vandy when they are hot and lose to the Cats in Rupp, nothing to turn your nose at.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vandy is playing gr8 right now, thats the team i would worry about..
Davis is a pretty decent shot blocker Big Grin ....he ranks 35th in the nation out of college TEAMS.

There is talk about this team possibly breaking UConn's team shot blocking record for a single season. They set this in 2003 - 2004 with a national championship team that featured Emeka Okafor (sp?), Ben Gordon, and Charlie Villanueva...that team was good. It would be awesome to break that.

This game was a little too close for me to like but we pulled it out late and that's all that matters.

Someone fill me in on the details...I worked today and missed the game.
Coach Grant looks younger than every player on his team
I was at this game. It was a good one. I'm glad to see the Cats keep the streak alive at home. There were some bad calls today - both ways.
Game Ball: Darius Miller - He played like a senior today, his stat line wasn't the best: 2 of 5 shooting, 2 of 3 for 3 point land, just 2 rebounds, 5 of 6 from the line, 4 assists, 2 steals & 1 block. But what I liked most he was a huge part of the offense late in the game when it was really needed.

-----

Good Thoughts:

- Doron Lamb: Reverted back to his old self, he wasn't perfect, but he was very good. 14 points on 5 of 8 shooting, 4 rebounds, plus only commited 1 turnover. His defensive intensity was very good too.

- Anthony Davis: He struggled in many ways, but he made his free throws and came just 1 rebound short of another double-double. Plus he had a very key block late in the game to pretty much sealed the game.

- Terrence Jones: Played very well, 6 rebounds is too few for him. But I'll take the 15 points, a couple of blocks and a steal. He was off on his free throws, but he made them late when we really needed them.

- Marquis Teague: Did some good things running the team, was nice to see.

- Kentucky blocked 9 shots and commited only 8 turnovers. Very Good!

- Kyle Wiltjer: I thought he played well when he was in, a rebound, a blocked shot & a nice 3 pointer.

------

Not So Good Thoughts:

- Kentucky as a team looked real lazy on defense at times, I didn't like it. Too many breakdowns.

- Marquis Teague shot the ball too many times, missed too many easy shots, and took too many challenged shots.

- Anthony Davis was manhandled and he didn't respond.

- Terrence Jones still isn't producing where we need him at.

- 67% on 40 free throw attempts is no excuse, this team should be shooting at least 75% with that many attempts.

- Some pretty dumb fouls, and the one in particular late in the game by Doron Lamb really irked me. 75 feet away from the basket and he acted like he couldn't understand the call. Play like a man!

- Zone defense needs some work before they trot that out again.

- Kentucky allowed the paint to be fed too easy this game. Should have double teamed more often from the top.
WideRight05 Wrote:Davis is a pretty decent shot blocker Big Grin ....he ranks 35th in the nation out of college TEAMS.

There is talk about this team possibly breaking UConn's team shot blocking record for a single season. They set this in 2003 - 2004 with a national championship team that featured Emeka Okafor (sp?), Ben Gordon, and Charlie Villanueva...that team was good. It would be awesome to break that.

This game was a little too close for me to like but we pulled it out late and that's all that matters.

Was Josh Boone on those teams as well?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GetChili Wrote:I was at this game. It was a good one. I'm glad to see the Cats keep the streak alive at home. There were some bad calls today - both ways.

I was at this game also, if you was at this game than you saw me. During the first TV timeout I got to walk out on the court during the game with the president of the college. I was the only guy with the scholarship out their.

As for the game, it was one hell of one. IMO the best two teams in the SEC. Mitchell getting in foul trouble helped us out, I do have to say their PG is the real deal
WideRight05 Wrote:Davis is a pretty decent shot blocker Big Grin ....he ranks 35th in the nation out of college TEAMS.

Don't remember the exact numbers, but UCONN had like 314 that year, we're on pace for around 350.