Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals end training camp in Georgetown
The Cincinnati Bengals will not be returning to Georgetown College for summer training camp in 2012, ending a 15-year tradition.

The NFL team made the announcement in a news release Friday, attributing the change to new rules that change the logistics of pre-season practices.

"We are, of course, disappointed," said Georgetown College President William H. Crouch Jr. "We have enjoyed hosting the summer camp since 1997 and believe it has been mutually beneficial. We are proud to have been the only NFL training facility ever in Kentucky. Fortunately, there will be other ways for us to work with the Bengals organization and we look forward to those opportunities."

Bengals and Georgetown College officials met Thursday to discuss their relationship before making the announcement. Speculation about the NFL club leaving Georgetown began last fall when the league's collective bargaining agreement limited the number of pre-season practices for each team.

"The new agreement between the NFL and its players really impacts training camp by reducing practices," Bengals owner Mike Brown said in the release. "That's nothing the Bengals or Georgetown College wanted to see happen, but it is the hand we are dealt, so we both have to adjust to it. I will miss going away for training camp very much, and I will especially miss our friends in Georgetown, Kentucky."

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/01/20/20362...etown.html
That stinks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It was expected.
^ I was surprised that they went back this year
Where will they be at now?