Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J.J. Jude, Running back/Johnson Central
Of all the star running backs who have played in Kentucky, Jude now ranks atop the list.

The 5-foot-10, 190-pound Jude is on the first team for the second straight season after setting the state’s all-time rushing mark. His total of 8,637 yards beat the 8,224 by Fort Knox’s Derek Homer.

“More than anything, we’re proud that he’s such a fine young man and a blue-collar worker,” coach Jim Matney said.

As a junior, Jude set a state record for yards in a game with 584 in a win over Woodford County. He finished that season with 331 carries for 3,258 yards – second in state history for a single season – and 31 TDs.

With the talk of breaking the record going all season, Jude ran for 3,061 tards and 31 TDs this season, becoming the first in Kentucky to surpass 3,000 yards in a season twice . He’s only the sixth player to reach 3,000.

“We don’t claim that he’s the best running back to ever play, but we’re proud that his name can be mentioned with the best running backs that have ever played,” Matney said. “It says something for him to be even mentioned with Derek Homer and Shaun Alexander. We’re just proud to have his name in there with those guys.”

Jude, who has offers from Liberty, Eastern Kentucky and Concord, also won the 171-pound state wrestling title as a junior. He’s placed four times at state.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...on-Central
Good luck JJ. It was a pleasure to see you in action.
Glad he is going to EKU.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Good luck JJ. It was a pleasure to see you in action.

Yes it was! Johnson Central has been put on the map in recent years with their success in football. When I attended Johnson Central we were fortunate to have a 500 season. If I'm not watching Cooper, I try to catch the Golden Eagles at least once a year. I remember what a great job coach Matney did with Sheldon Clark back then as well.
it was a fun watching this kid run, he is the best back ive seen in years, good luck JJ
The kid is a beast1