Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 A District 7
District 7 - Lincoln County, Madison Southern, North Laurel, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern

Any surprises this year? Who's coming back and who lost the most?
Hard to tell.
I think SW will be down this year.
Pulaski County would be my pick right now.
Madison Southern should contend for a playoff spot.
Lincoln County will be down.
North has a good young RB but i dont think it will be enough.
I think South will improve but its hard to say.

IMHO, i think that district is wide open.
For now id go...

1. Pulaski Co.
2. Madison Southern
3. Southwestern
4. South Laurel
5. North Laurel
6. Lincoln County

This could be way off, but there are not that many fanss on here from that district and its hard to hear about what these teams have coming back.
Pulaski should be tough, they return every skill player and pick up Cox, a very good running back who will be a soph who was out last season with an injury. If they can put together a decent line they will be tough.
Southwestern: The Warriors lose a very-talented 13-player senior class that brought the program its first-ever regional title. However, the program is going through a lot of changes with the firing of asst. coaches, so it will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Pulaski County: The Maroons will have a better season in 2012. They will be led by RB Tyler Goins, who did well in his first season playing high school football. With a talented freshman class on the squad, things look bright for Johnny Hines.

Madison Southern: The Eagles are my pick to win the district in 2012. They have the offensive weapons to get the job done. With the addition of former SW defensive coordinator Jim Girdler, look for that to give the Eagles an inside edge to win the district.

Lincoln County: Mike Settles and the Patriots lose their go-to player in RB Deon Shannon.

South Laurel: The Cardinals will be much better this season, led by QB Tyler Pemberton. He had an impressive season last fall, but expect him to be even better in 2012. The future looks bright for him at the QB position.

North Laurel: I don't really know much about the Jaguars, but after only 3 wins last fall, the only way to go is up.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Hard to tell.
I think SW will be down this year.
Pulaski County would be my pick right now.
Madison Southern should contend for a playoff spot.
Lincoln County will be down.
North has a good young RB but i dont think it will be enough.
I think South will improve but its hard to say.

IMHO, i think that district is wide open.
For now id go...

1. Pulaski Co.
2. Madison Southern
3. Southwestern
4. South Laurel
5. North Laurel
6. Lincoln County

This could be way off, but there are not that many fanss on here from that district and its hard to hear about what these teams have coming back.

You're totally right. At this point, no one knows who will win the district.
maroon542 Wrote:Pulaski should be tough, they return every skill player and pick up Cox, a very good running back who will be a soph who was out last season with an injury. If they can put together a decent line they will be tough.

Looking forward to seeing Caleb Cox play this fall after missing the whole season last year with an injury.
GetChili Wrote:South Laurel: The Cardinals will be much better this season, led by QB Tyler Pemberton. He had an impressive season last fall, but expect him to be even better in 2012. The future looks bright for him at the QB position.

It is Tyler Deatherage

I think it goes something like this:

1A Pulaski County
1B Lincoln County

3 Southwestern

4A North Laurel
4B South Laurel

6 Madison Southern
It will be hard for them to match up with Harlan Co.
Axel Foley Wrote:It will be hard for them to match up with Harlan Co.

This talk Alrdy...? Geez.. Ya and Tebow couldn't win a playoff game.
actually its tyler detherage
HG_Bullfrogs Wrote:It is Tyler Deatherage
I think it goes something like this:

1A Pulaski County
1B Lincoln County

3 Southwestern

4A North Laurel
4B South Laurel

6 Madison Southern

You're right. I must have got him confused with someone else. Oops.
dogface34 Wrote:actually its tyler detherage

Yeah, that's my bad. I got him confused with someone else. haha
wildthang3 Wrote:This talk Alrdy...? Geez.. Ya and Tebow couldn't win a playoff game.

The point is, the posters are saying it is wide open with no favorite. Coach Larkey has built the Harlan Co. program well enough that even if they have key losses, they will be good year in and year out. Right now, at this point, it would be hard for those five to have a favorable matchup with the Black Bears. And yes, I am from the Mts. I am not from Harlan Co., though.
I don't think any team from District 7 will win the region this year. The regional champ will come from District 8.
I think that it will be up in the air but I agree that Pulaski and Southern will be the top two.
although if u talk to south laurels parent and the times tribune south will win that district
dogface34 Wrote:although if u talk to south laurels parent and the times tribune south will win that district

That because South Laurel owns the times tribune.:ChairHit: