Jordan Miller Fulton City 12 223 18.6
Shane Hall Johnson Central 13 232 17.8
Kyle Brown West Carter 14 243 17.4
B J Moore Sheldon Clark 13 223 17.2
Marcus Burnett Carlisle County 11 187 17.0
Shae Goodlett South Oldham 14 226 16.1
Cory Jodrey St. Patrick 11 176 16.0
Derik Elliott Carlisle County 11 169 15.4
^Obviously not every team in the state has turned in stats, judging by the bottom few guys but I think somewhere around 88 teams have filed some stats. The minimum amount of games to be listed is 11.
^ where did you get them? I just checked it out and what I got was from last year
Yeah, it's no where near complete. Those could be just NKY. Nate McGovney of Campbell County is average over 22 PPG
I believe Sawyer Denniston from Wolfe County is averaging around 30 ppg. That would be tops in the state. Evidently Wolfe has not turned in their statistics to the KHSAA.
Trevor Tiller from Paintsville is averaging 17.5 ppg.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
These are the stats for players with at least 10 games.

1. Sawyer Denniston - Wolfe Co. 28.3
2. Trenton Scroogy - Portland Christian 24.3
3. Jayuan Paige - Perry Central 22.2
4. Chance Little - Wesley Christian 20.5
5. Blake Scinta - Ky Country Day 19.9
6. Braxton Tacket - Allen Central 19.8
7. Mason Monroe - Pendleton Co. 19.5
8. DJ Townsend - Rowan Co. 19.3
9. Clay Chandler - Ballard 18.0
10. Brent Bach - Augusta 17.5

I know that Rowan Co. does not send state to KHSAA.Confusedinglepar
Lizzard Wrote:These are the stats for players with at least 10 games.

1. Sawyer Denniston - Wolfe Co. 28.3
2. Trenton Scroogy - Portland Christian 24.3
3. Jayuan Paige - Perry Central 22.2
4. Chance Little - Wesley Christian 20.5
5. Blake Scinta - Ky Country Day 19.9
6. Braxton Tacket - Allen Central 19.8
7. Mason Monroe - Pendleton Co. 19.5
8. DJ Townsend - Rowan Co. 19.3
9. Clay Chandler - Ballard 18.0
10. Brent Bach - Augusta 17.5

I know that Rowan Co. does not send state to KHSAA.Confusedinglepar

Where did this come from? lol Wesley Christian doesn't even compete within the KHSAA.
D IT UP Wrote:Where did this come from? lol Wesley Christian doesn't even compete within the KHSAA.

This came from Maxpreps. Take into account all schools. Allot of coachs don't send stats to KHSAA.
D IT UP Wrote:Where did this come from? lol Wesley Christian doesn't even compete within the KHSAA.

If the school is located in Kentucky, his statistics should count. KHSAA membership should mean nothing.
EHHH, I'm iffy on that statement and I understand what your saying; but that would be similar to asking who the top 10 leading scorers are in college and then, include players from Pikeville. I'm gonna have to say no, Wesley Christian and other non khsaa schools don't deserve to be listed. Prep ball and state organization ball are two totally seperate things and from my understanding thats the goal(dream) for Wesley. They want to try and acquire players such as Huntington Prep, Oak Hill, etc. does.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I believe Sawyer Denniston from Wolfe County is averaging around 30 ppg. That would be tops in the state. Evidently Wolfe has not turned in their statistics to the KHSAA.
yea hes my teamate most of the easter schools havent turned in the list im sure matt day......jaysean paige........zach davis would be on there somwere
D IT UP Wrote:EHHH, I'm iffy on that statement and I understand what your saying; but that would be similar to asking who the top 10 leading scorers are in college and then, include players from Pikeville. I'm gonna have to say no, Wesley Christian and other non khsaa schools don't deserve to be listed. Prep ball and state organization ball are two totally seperate things and from my understanding thats the goal(dream) for Wesley. They want to try and acquire players such as Huntington Prep, Oak Hill, etc. does.

That's fine. Then you should list your leader as the top scorer for a KHSAA member school rather than as the top high school scorer in the Commonwealth. If not all are included, you need your "asterisk".
My list came from Mike Fields not that sketchy Maxpreps site. You'll never see players from Wesley listed in the herald-leader stats. It's just the way its always been
It's a shame that we can't get an accurate number on all players. I'm sure there are many players in the state, at schools which fly under the radar,who have had some very suprising numbers this season. It's sad that most of us will never know because their stats dont get sent to KHSAA...
Fields gets his from that sketchy organization that holds you hostage if you want to play in this state. And I'd say the sketchy stats are the ones that are reported by 25% of the hostages.
Jaysean Paige is avg. 22.6 a game right now.

Not saying leads the state....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
14th Region has 3 great scorers:
Jaysean Paige (Perry)
Cameron Justice (Knott)
Matt Day (Buckhorn)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:14th Region has 3 great scorers:
Jaysean Paige (Perry)
Cameron Justice (Knott)
Matt Day (Buckhorn)

denniston probably averages more than those three...but jaysean is the best scorer in the region
I know a kid at the sportsplex that averages about 30 ppg in pickup games. Lets count them to Truth.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I know a kid at the sportsplex that averages about 30 ppg in pickup games. Lets count them to Truth.

Surely you can do better than that. If one plays on a legitimate high school team located in the Commonwealth he qualifies for consideration as the leading scorer in Kentucky. Membership in the KHSAA means nothing in this matter unless you so note. I will humor you a bit by mentioning that we can assume the sportsplex scoring is not being done while playing in games where both teams represent Kentucky high schools. Thus, obviously, the sportplex scoring does not qualify for consideration.

KHSAA is an organization to which a school may or may not choose to belong. A number of private schools do not, by their own choice, belong. Since KHSAA is, on occasion, less than positive toward private schools, I can understand why some avoid KHSAA.

If you want to note the leading scorers in Kentucky high school ranks, do so. However, to be correct, you must note whether or not you are limiting your choices to members of your preferred organization. Now, that is reasonable, isn't it?
TOP 15 SCORING LEADERS
(playing a minimum of 12 games)
(ranked by total points per game)
Player School Gms Pts Avg
Sawyer Denniston Wolfe County 14 379 27.1
Kyle Skaggs Russell 16 418 26.1
Corey Gregg Ashland Blazer 17 437 25.7
Jaysean Paige Perry Central 12 271 22.6
Matt Day Buckhorn 13 289 22.2
Omar Prewitt Montgomery County 17 374 22.0
Camron Justice Knott County Central 16 343 21.4
Blake Scinta Kentucky Country Day 14 297 21.2
Caleb Wigginton Taylor County 16 334 20.9
William Gary Paul Laurence Dunbar 18 374 20.8
Caleb Ford Harrison County 17 354 20.8
Brett Ruckel Lewis County 16 324 20.3
Will Branham Pikeville 14 284 20.3
Eric Kerney Hickman County 13 264 20.3
Darion Burns Fleming County 13 263 20.2

http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/regulars...atsbit.htm
Being a leading scorer really doesn't mean much anyway because usually its because you shoot your arm off or the opponent doesn't know how to play defense. Not many kids from this state make it to D1 schools and get to participate. Key word PARTICIPATE. We have kids that go and sit the bench just to be part of a great program but never see the floor. For Kentucky and Louisville to have such great college programs its unbelievable how few of Kentucky kids have contributed to their success. Just my opinion!!
Truth Wrote:Surely you can do better than that. If one plays on a legitimate high school team located in the Commonwealth he qualifies for consideration as the leading scorer in Kentucky. Membership in the KHSAA means nothing in this matter unless you so note. I will humor you a bit by mentioning that we can assume the sportsplex scoring is not being done while playing in games where both teams represent Kentucky high schools. Thus, obviously, the sportplex scoring does not qualify for consideration.

KHSAA is an organization to which a school may or may not choose to belong. A number of private schools do not, by their own choice, belong. Since KHSAA is, on occasion, less than positive toward private schools, I can understand why some avoid KHSAA.

If you want to note the leading scorers in Kentucky high school ranks, do so. However, to be correct, you must note whether or not you are limiting your choices to members of your preferred organization. Now, that is reasonable, isn't it?

So now you are setting limits on what should count as high school kids scoring in games. They are representing their team at the sportsplex. Maybe these kids don't wont to belong to a public or private school team.
ekff Wrote:14th Region has 3 great scorers:
Jaysean Paige (Perry)
Cameron Justice (Knott)
Matt Day (Buckhorn)
forgot the states leading scorer didnt ya buddy?.....sawyer denniston
willabeast23 Wrote:forgot the states leading scorer didnt ya buddy?.....sawyer denniston

No.. I didn't forget anything.... I said GREAT scorers....

Denniston shoots more then anyone in the state... and has a hard time winning games...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
By the way when you all go to the Khsaa website and look at stats... go to the bottom on the page and see how many teams have turned in stats... I'd say half the teams in the state haven't turned in stats.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You might want to look at all the stats cause Denniston is also shooting 60% from the field. Not to bad for guard.