Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 55 - Corbin 49
Final
This one really shocked me.
I listened to a few minutes of it on the radio but i cant believe Wburg pulled this one out.
It was at Wburg though....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This one really shocked me.
I listened to a few minutes of it on the radio but i cant believe Wburg pulled this one out.
It was at Wburg though....

It was at Corbin. Corbin had some players who had to sit this one out, but that is something that teams sometimes have to deal with.

Williamsburg could have won anyway, not much difference between the two teams.
SEKYFAN Wrote:It was at Corbin. Corbin had some players who had to sit this one out, but that is something that teams sometimes have to deal with.

Williamsburg could have won anyway, not much difference between the two teams.

Who sat out?

I honestly didnt expect this outcome. How long has it been since Williamsburg has beat Corbin? And how long has it been since they beat them at Corbin? Nonetheless great win for the Jackets.
Congrats to the Jackets
Aldric Perfidus Wrote:Who sat out?

I honestly didnt expect this outcome. How long has it been since Williamsburg has beat Corbin? And how long has it been since they beat them at Corbin? Nonetheless great win for the Jackets.

Wburg hadnt beaten Corbin since the 1998 district tourney.

Not sure on how long it has been since they beat them at Corbin.

This entire district is way down and IMO, just awful this year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wburg hadnt beaten Corbin since the 1998 district tourney.

Not sure on how long it has been since they beat them at Corbin.

This entire district is way down and IMO, just awful this year.

No doubt about that. South Laurel or Corbin are usually top 3 team each year and just dominate their opponents. One of those two atleast have been in the regional finals every year since SL moved to the 13th. And I think One of the two have been the champion every year but one since SL moved to the 13th aswell. IMO the entire region is down, so I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if the streak continues this year.
Aldric Perfidus Wrote:Who sat out?

Travis Smith - out due to coaches decision, probably back next week.

Hunter Grubb - Coach P. said he needed to improve his academics before he allows him to come back.

Eric Jones - injured during CFIT, not sure when he will be back.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Travis Smith - out due to coaches decision, probably back next week.

Hunter Grubb - Coach P. said he needed to improve his academics before he allows him to come back.

Eric Jones - injured during CFIT, not sure when he will be back.

This explains alot then.
Aldric Perfidus Wrote:This explains alot then.

That explains a WHOLE LOT.
If you take arguably the regions best player, and another Corbin starter out, then of course they struggled.
I did not know this.
I was impressed till I found out that Corbin had Travis Smith and two others out of the game.....in that case Williamsburg only beat a another bad team.....
^
Sooooo true...
Travis had told me that he had quit the team about a week ago. Is he back on the team ?
^
Quit?
Thats a huge loss for Corbin if true.
If that turns out to be true, Corbin would go from a region contender to possibly losing in the first round of the district tournament.

I dont know why the kid would quit though, hes been a big part of Corbin bball over the last 3 years and ive never noticed any problems.
redstorm Wrote:Travis had told me that he had quit the team about a week ago. Is he back on the team ?

He is still on the team, will play next week. It was still agood win for Williamsburg, Grubb has been held out for the last few games and Jones has been out for several as well. I think that it will help Williamsburg regardless of who was playing or was not playing for Corbin.

The Maguet kid who just started playing for Corbin picked up some of the scoring slack, I believe he led them in scoring, and will be a big help for the Hounds the rest of the season. Someone doesn't play, then someone else is expected to step up and do a little more. Some of the playing time that the inexperienced players have been getting will help Corbin down the line.
^
Just curious, why did Smith not play though?
someone said grubb didnt because of grades, what was the problem was smith?
Congrats to Williamsburg! First time since 1987! Just about as long as the Kentucky/Tennessee streak.

So now Williamsburg in the last two years have beaten two out of three district teams. I wonder when they will beat the fourth team SL.
^
Wburg beat Corbin in the 98 district tournament.
south plays at williamsburg tonight.the point guard for south is out indefinately, concussion in a tournament about 3 weeks ago.he`s improving but not back to school.
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:I was impressed till I found out that Corbin had Travis Smith and two others out of the game.....in that case Williamsburg only beat a another bad team.....

Doesn't matter W'burg still gets the W...
^
But they wouldnt have had Smith and Grubb played. I can guarantee you that.
still was a good win for williamsburg .they are a class a school .