Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 58 East Ridge 47 -- 59th District
"King James" Wrote:I think this was the first time that I have ever seen East Ridge in a game where the other team wanted it more than they did. But maybe Coach May has something to do with that.

hey I agree with you totally!!
I was at the game and I have to say that the officiating was some of the best I have seen in a while. Plain and simple lets not beat around the bush Pikeville out played East Ridge in every part of the game plain and simple!
"bballcrazy" Wrote:Congrat to Pikeville. I think the game was called fairly, the refs did a good job. A bad call here and a missed call there but is in every game, no matter the refs. It has been an awful loosing season for ER. The first since the school opened I believe. Thanks Coach(???) May!!

You all are so damn quick to jump to the conclusion that it is the coaches fault. Did you ever stop to think that maybe the talent just isn't there for the Warriors this year??? They did lose there best players last year. This i not the coaches fault, Coach May is a great coach and he knows how to win ball games, he did beat Belfry an Paintsville this season... Give the guy credit where credit is due, and just face the facts, East Ridges talent level was way down this year... Better luck next year...
Well I figured that the refs would be horrible but they weren't, I guess ER just didnt want it bad enough, Pikeville came out ther to win and did so, Better Luck Next Year Warriors!
"piratefaithful" Wrote:You all are so damn quick to jump to the conclusion that it is the coaches fault. Did you ever stop to think that maybe the talent just isn't there for the Warriors this year??? They did lose there best players last year. This i not the coaches fault, Coach May is a great coach and he knows how to win ball games, he did beat Belfry an Paintsville this season... Give the guy credit where credit is due, and just face the facts, East Ridges talent level was way down this year... Better luck next year...

Well it is the coaches fault when they play like East Ridge did last night they looked unprepared and looked sluggish. If Coach May is such a great coach then how come every good program he takes over falls off as soon as he takes over.
Congrats to Pikeville the Warriors didn't play as a team and Pikeville just wanted it more good luck agianst Valley.
"piratefaithful" Wrote:You all are so damn quick to jump to the conclusion that it is the coaches fault. Did you ever stop to think that maybe the talent just isn't there for the Warriors this year??? They did lose there best players last year. This i not the coaches fault, Coach May is a great coach and he knows how to win ball games, he did beat Belfry an Paintsville this season... Give the guy credit where credit is due, and just face the facts, East Ridges talent level was way down this year... Better luck next year...
A couple of years ago....three to be exact....Coach Hurley told me that his best season would be in 05-06. He said that the talent of what would be then the senior class was uncomparable to the others.
SO the fans aren't the only ones that KNOW the talent is there .... but unfortunately the coach that believed in them isn't anymore. Remember, as you keep reminding us, we beat Belfry and Paintsville, without talent how did they do that??
I know your a Belfry fan...can tell it from your name...and maybe you are his family, so I mean NO disrespect, but Coach May just isn't head coach material. Heck....Elkhorn's record could've proved that!
Congrats again Pikeville....you guys have grown into a great ball team!! Good luck against Valley! You'll probably have the biggest FAN section EVER Friday night....everyone from ER wants you to beat them!!
EAST RIDGE WARRIORS....especially the seniors....you guys have made us proud all year, played with a lot of heart, and won and loss with a lot of class. We all love you!!
"King James" Wrote:I think this was the first time that I have ever seen East Ridge in a game where the other team wanted it more than they did. But maybe Coach May has something to do with that.

The problem was he didnt play the right players at the right time. He played some people more than they deserved, and some others sat the bench in the time that the Warriors needed a 3 ball dropped.
"ridgewarrior" Wrote:A couple of years ago....three to be exact....Coach Hurley told me that his best season would be in 05-06. He said that the talent of what would be then the senior class was uncomparable to the others.
SO the fans aren't the only ones that KNOW the talent is there .... but unfortunately the coach that believed in them isn't anymore. Remember, as you keep reminding us, we beat Belfry and Paintsville, without talent how did they do that??
I know your a Belfry fan...can tell it from your name...and maybe you are his family, so I mean NO disrespect, but Coach May just isn't head coach material. Heck....Elkhorn's record could've proved that!
Congrats again Pikeville....you guys have grown into a great ball team!! Good luck against Valley! You'll probably have the biggest FAN section EVER Friday night....everyone from ER wants you to beat them!!
EAST RIDGE WARRIORS....especially the seniors....you guys have made us proud all year, played with a lot of heart, and won and loss with a lot of class. We all love you!!

Sorry for the double post but I just read this.

I was there playing for ER, when Coach Hurley said this, this was when the team was hyped up about there season. Coach May just didnt have the intensity as Hurley did, and never will.

Dont get me wrong Coach May is a great coach, but Hurley supported his team, EVERY PLAYER 100%, all the time, everytime.
Congrats Panthers and Coach Williams!!

Good luck against Valley and in the Expo next week.
Like I have said a thousand times if you all don't want him, send him back to Belfry's coaching staff...
Like I've said numerous times...Take him...
I'm sure if the school, or the players, 95% of them would have already sent him.
"ridgewarrior" Wrote:A couple of years ago....three to be exact....Coach Hurley told me that his best season would be in 05-06. He said that the talent of what would be then the senior class was uncomparable to the others.

Get real man, Hurley did say that, I was standing next to him when he did but you know what, how many freshmen made it all 4 years since then? There was 10 on that freshmen team so lets see, thats 7 that left for some reason or another.....and argueably the best 2 are gone.

You know what ER's problem is, too many mommy's and DADDIES thought they would just run rough shot over May after Hurley left, well they didn't and I feel sorry for the SR's because of it.
Maybe if Hurley would have resigned correctly, it wouldnt be happening this way.

But I agree with you, Parents run there mouth way to much at games, its for the kids and not them.
This one is hard to call. Pikeville doesn't match up well with Valley. No real big man. Panthers are playing with heart....should be a great game, especially if the fans show up for both teams. Out on a limb, Pikeville by 3
Good job, Bartman!
I think East Ridge played a GREAT GAME!! They just couldn't get any shots in. That was just about the way thay played all season! But they had a new coach also. I think they will be back next year and be better than they were this season! GOOD LUCK NEXT SEASON EAST RIDGE WARRIORS!!!
:wenumber1 :theman:
Let's be realistic, the coach is not the problem, it is the attitude of some of the players.  Plus, they have little talent!  Oh yeah,  I almost forgot the p-poor attitude of  some of the parents!
:thumpsup:congrats pikeville!
to the east ridge boys i know you havent had the best season that you could have but im still proud of you guys for playing your best

congrats again to pikeville :clap:your no peice of cake