Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 66 - Betsy Lane 53
Final
Good win for the Dawgs.

22-27 FT only missed 1 in the 4Q.

Thompson 18
Hollon 10
Roberts fouled out in the 3rd or this would of been a different outcome...when he fouled out it was a 3 point game..
Alot of things went into this loss. First, Hazard shot unreal from the free throw line so big props to them! Secondly, Betsy Layne shot way too many threes, a lot of them contested because Hazard was extending the defense and Betsy Layne would not attack the basket. Andrew Roberts was the only player who Betsy Layne had attacking the boards and fouled out on a T after picking up his 4th personal. Hazard would always hit a big shot when Betsy Layne made a run. Game was a 5 point game most of the way, foul shots helped push it out. At the end of the game, Betsy Layne did not attack the basket but helped run time off the clock waiting for screens. Only player who went straight to the basket instead of running time off the clock first was a freshmen. Lot of mental mistakes on Betsy Layne's part but Hazard was the better team. Props to them.
Betsy Layne drops their first loss of the season. They take on Wolfe County tomorrow in the second day of the Pikeville Invitational.
Good win dogs!!
Hazard plays Allen Central

Betsy Lane plays Wolfe County
Congrats Dawgs!
Good win for Hazard!

Congrats Dawgs!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Nice win by the dogs!!!
Congrats Dawgs! Nice win.
Congrats Dawgs
Congrats Dawg's. This one is a shocker to me. Shows how important free throws are in a game. Good job at the line for the entire Hazard team.
Good job Hazard,
Good Job Dawgs !!!
A little shocked by the margin. I feel BL is a Top 3 team in our region.
region Wrote:A little shocked by the margin. I feel BL is a Top 3 team in our region.

That should tell us something about our region this year. I'm not downing BL at all as i agree they are a top 3 team in our region. I fill the region top to bottom is just weak this year compared to the others.
Congrats to Hazard on a win. Really bad officiating. Hazard is a pretty good team. BL is still playing without one of their starters, they get him back next week. Hamilton will be a big help to BL.
Congrats Dawgs!