Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 33 - Sheldon Clark 31(Derby Classic)
Final

No stats posted on KHSAA website.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
This get misplaced with a football or middle school bball score?
^Haha, no. This was the final score and the Golden Eagles were crowned the Champs.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Sounds like a defensive battle. Congrat's Eagles!
Defensive battle - my kind of game. Congrats to JC!
Wow, never would have thought the final score total would have been this. Maybe a half time score. Was it great D by both or just poor shooting?
A little bit of good defense, a little bit of running a deliberate offense and a lot of poor and inconsistant officiating.
THOMCAT Wrote:A little bit of good defense, a little bit of running a deliberate offense and a lot of poor and inconsistant officiating.

Welcome to the 16th region.

They may be young but Johnson Central does give great effort on defense.
Is this the 2nd time Johnson Central has beaten the Sheldon Clark that a couple of posters said were head and shoulders above everybody else in the district? I think one can be quoted at saying "I don't think any of the other 4 teams are within 10 points of SC at this point and they are only going to improve throughout.", and "Should be an interesting year and to see what other team will join Sheldon Clark in the regional tourny from the 57th."

Sheldon Clark better worry about getting out of the district first.
^ What he said lol
Congrats JC
Bad snap on the 45 yd FG attempt to win the game late for SC.
This game was not what i thought it would be.
I still think SC is the team to beat. Hats off to JC and Coach Mckenzie, great job!!
Both teams are very young. Central started 1 senior, 2 juniors and 2 freshmen. The senior played very little as he is still suffering from a stomach virus. His time was mostly split between a sophmore and a freshman. Sheldon Clark started 1 junior, 1 sophmore, 2 freshmen and a 7th grader. Moore did not start for the Cardinals and was replaced by freshman Rice. Both these teams will be tough by tournament time and could meet in the district and regionals.
Was moore sick?
THOMCAT Wrote:Both teams are very young. Central started 1 senior, 2 juniors and 2 freshmen. The senior played very little as he is still suffering from a stomach virus. His time was mostly split between a sophmore and a freshman. Sheldon Clark started 1 junior, 1 sophmore, 2 freshmen and a 7th grader. Moore did not start for the Cardinals and was replaced by freshman Rice. Both these teams will be tough by tournament time and could meet in the district and regionals.

Johnson Central started 1 senior, 2 sophmores and 2 Freshmen. They do not even have any Juniors on the Varsity. Congrats to the Eagles on winning the Derby Classic.
Did not seem to be while he was in the game. Played most of game, just did not start.
JC started 2 freshman 2 sophomores and 1 senior.
THOMCAT Wrote:Did not seem to be while he was in the game. Played most of game, just did not start.

May be trouble in cardinal land.
fairweatherfan Wrote:JC started 2 freshman 2 sophomores and 1 senior.
The first subs were a freshman and sophomore, no juniors on the team.
The score is reflective of a couple of things. One, pretty good defense on both sides. Two, the shots were not falling for either team as both shot in the low 20 percent range for the game. This is a result of playing a lot of games in a short span. SC played 5 games in 7 days and 4 straight nights. JC played 5 games in 7 days and 3 straight nights. I think both teams didn't have alot of legs under them on shots due to fatigue. Just my opinion.
THOMCAT Wrote:Both teams are very young. Central started 1 senior, 2 juniors and 2 freshmen. The senior played very little as he is still suffering from a stomach virus. His time was mostly split between a sophmore and a freshman. Sheldon Clark started 1 junior, 1 sophmore, 2 freshmen and a 7th grader. Moore did not start for the Cardinals and was replaced by freshman Rice. Both these teams will be tough by tournament time and could meet in the district and regionals.

Johnson Central started 1 senior, 2 sophmores and 2 freshmen. They do not even have a junior on the varsity. Congrats to Johnson Central on some tough victories.
How the hell is SC the favorite. They have been beaten twice by JC who was beaten by Magoffin. At this point Magoffin is the favorite they have beat Paintsville, and JC on the road.
Johnson Central is an improving basketball team who really impressed me the first match up with SC and was even more impressed that they were able to beat the Cards without their best guard in this game. Last Friday night I told someone that these two teams may play 4 more times this season including the championship of the Raceland tournament.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:How the hell is SC the favorite. They have been beaten twice by JC who was beaten by Magoffin. At this point Magoffin is the favorite they have beat Paintsville, and JC on the road.

If Moore and Coach Spurlock get on the same page, wait and see. If not the region is wide open again. AND I SAID THE TEAME TO BEAT!!!