Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central 58 - Henry Clay 53
Final from the iHigh FCPS Basketball Frenzy Championship. Davis with 17, Justice 15 and Adams with some huge three at the end.
Patriots keep on rolling
Congrats KCC
Congrats Patriots!
I had a long week driving back and forth from Hazard to Lexington every day, but it was well worth it. KCC is playing some really great basketball. I watched every game and was impressed every game. I just wanted to admit to being wrong. I posted on another thread that I thought that the watered down schedule they played the first few weeks of the season would hurt them, but it most certainly did not. These guys definitely have not suffered from it. What surprised me the most was how unselfish they play. As long as someone is scoring, they don't care who it is. You would think that the seniors would not like seeing the Freshman play such a role on the team, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I think this team is definitely the real thing and I think, at least right now, they are the best team in the 14th.
KCC looks good right now and will be a good game when they play PCC.
ANEWPAT Wrote:I had a long week driving back and forth from Hazard to Lexington every day, but it was well worth it. KCC is playing some really great basketball. I watched every game and was impressed every game. I just wanted to admit to being wrong. I posted on another thread that I thought that the watered down schedule they played the first few weeks of the season would hurt them, but it most certainly did not. These guys definitely have not suffered from it. What surprised me the most was how unselfish they play. As long as someone is scoring, they don't care who it is. You would think that the seniors would not like seeing the Freshman play such a role on the team, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I think this team is definitely the real thing and I think, at least right now, they are the best team in the 14th.

Did Knott Central have big crowds? Usually when mountain teams play in the Bluegrass they will have more fans than the local teams. I remember we played Jessamine County (before they consolidated) at their gym and we had by far more fans than they did.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Did Knott Central have big crowds? Usually when mountain teams play in the Bluegrass they will have more fans than the local teams. I remember we played Jessamine County (before they consolidated) at their gym and we had by far more fans than they did.

Yes, KCC had a large crowd and it got bigger every night. I would say the Muhlenburg and Henry Clay games KCC had the larger crowd. They by far had the loudest and most enthusiastic crowd. :Cheerlead KCC fans have always been good about traveling with their team. I think that is why they get invited to so many tournaments. That crowd means revenue for the hosting school/organization.