Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(4) Louisville 69 - College of Charleston 62
The University of Louisville grinded out a 69-62 men’s basketball victory over a persistently pesky College of Charleston squad Tuesday night in the KFC Yum! Center.

The fourth-ranked Cardinals (11-0) survived a season-high barrage of 12 three-pointers by forcing the Cougars (9-2) into a season-worst 22 turnovers. The Cards also held the visitors to just one field goal in the final 7:52.

“We got a little fatigued out there, but we know if we’re tired, the other team is exhausted,” sophomore guard Russ Smith said. “That’s what we’re big on.”

Senior guard Kyle Kuric powered U of L with 17 points and eight rebounds and seemed to come up with just the right play whenever the team needed it. Charleston’s zone stifled the Cards for much of the game until coach Rick Pitino moved Kuric to the high post.

It was from that position that the 6-foot-4 senior’s soft hook in the lane gave the Cards the lead for good at 60-59 with 3:13 left. Russ Smith and Chris Smith followed with back-to-back three-pointers for a seven-point cushion, and U of L held on.

Pitino credited his son, assistant coach Richard Pitino, for suggesting moving Kuric in the offense.

“He (Richard) made the move that I think won the game,” the coach said. “He said, ‘Put Kyle in there; he’ll make the shot or something good will happen.’ It was a brilliant move on Richard’s part.”

“They were leaving the high post so open,” Kuric said. “I don’t know if we just weren’t used to it, but we weren’t capitalizing on the big opening. When we got it there, we were hesitant. Coach made the change and just said to shoot the ball if you’re open.”

The Cougars had increased a 37-33 halftime lead to eight points and maintained that margin with 15 minutes left.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...basketball
Charleston is one touch bunch. A win is a win, though.
How's the Bullet be doing??
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
These tight wins over bad teams are going to catch up with loserville when they come to rupp.
Spud6 Wrote:How's the Bullet be doing??

Playing about 2 minutes in the last 2 games... He has missed the last few games though with a concussion and the lights bothered him or something
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
This was a good game...I was certain Louisville would lose it, but they came back.
theVILLE Wrote:Playing about 2 minutes in the last 2 games... He has missed the last few games though with a concussion and the lights bothered him or something

This is not good!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:These tight wins over bad teams are going to catch up with loserville when they come to rupp.

Or, they will know how to win a game that comes down to the last seconds.....:igiveup:
^
Nah
Stardust Wrote:Or, they will know how to win a game that comes down to the last seconds.....:igiveup:

Or they wont be within 20 points of a good team.