Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lynn Camp 57 - Owsley County 44
Final
I wonder if Grove played for Owsley tonight? He is the leading scorer, handles the ball the majority of the time, and is an above average rebounder. One of the few Owls with any size. He didn't play against Buckhorn Tuesday due to an injury.

They beat Lynn Camp 2 weeks ago by about 25. Grove would make a difference, but I don't know if it would be a 13 point difference.
Well this is a surprise!!

Congrats to the Wildcats on their first win of the season!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Grove did not play and the word was the coach kicked off the second best player???
redstorm Wrote:Grove did not play and the word was the coach kicked off the second best player???

Just made a call and learned that Grove has not been kicked off. He injured his knee in the Lee County game last Friday. He didn't play against Buckhorn, didn't play against Lynn Camp last night, and could be out for a couple more weeks. He is the guard that has the ball quite a lot. He's also a pretty good rebounder, along with Allen.

I wasn't at last night's game but some of the fans were complaining about the officiating. One Owsley fan was removed from the gym and 2 players were T'd up, maybe one on the bench too. That may or may not have had anything to do with the loss, but it can be pretty difficult when you're playing out of region, particularily if you're the opening night of the home team's tournament. It's usually to be expected, regardless of the region.
It's hard playing out of Region Teams. You get absolutely no calls at all
Congrats Lynn Camp
Owsley is in the 14th were they don't call anything and the 13th calls fouls. Most of those teams don't like it. When you beat someone by 25 a week or two ago maybe you come in with the attitude that it will be that easy again. Maybe it could have been the coaches fault for not getting them prepared. Congrats to Lynn Camp.
Amped 88 Wrote:Owsley is in the 14th were they don't call anything and the 13th calls fouls. Most of those teams don't like it. When you beat someone by 25 a week or two ago maybe you come in with the attitude that it will be that easy again. Maybe it could have been the coaches fault for not getting them prepared. Congrats to Lynn Camp.

I didn't mean to take anything away from Lynn Camp's win. Evidently they just outplayed Owsley and did what it took to win the game. :thumpsup:

It would hurt Owsley to not have Grove, though. He is the player who sets up the offense, and at 6'2 is one of two players with any kind of size. I think he is averaging around 20 ppg. Owls have very little depth on their bench to compound his absence.
However, I think Lynn Camp had one of their better players out of the lineup when they lost at Owsley, so it works both ways I suppose.
Congradulations to the campers, you always have to cheer for your region teams