Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA: Private Vs Public Schools
One Of The New Proposals That Supposedly "Fixes" The In-Equality Between Private And Public Schools: "Any Student Who Has Taken Part In Any Varsity Game In Any Sport Before The Ninth Grade, And Transfers, Is Ineligable For One Year At Any Level In Any Sport In High School, And For An Additional Year At The Varsity Level". If I Read This Correctly, If A Student Is Good Enough To Play A Varsity Level Sport While In Eighth Or Even Seventh Grade, And Has To Leave That Feeder Program For Any Reason ( Parents Divorce, Parents Job Transfer, ETC....ETC....) Then That Student Is Ineligable To Play At Another High School For A Period Of ( 2 ) Years. Doesn't This Make The "CURE" Worse Than The Disease. It Has The Potential To Deprive A Student Of Two Years Of Eigability. Personally, I Think That This Is Unfair To The Student Athlete. An Athlete That Has NO CONTROL Where His Parents Might Have To Move To. I Don't Know If These Young Athletes Can Stand Another Cure Like This One. Thoughts???? Opinions??? :CE_DP_Ste :rules: Confusedalute:
I understabd what you are saying, but recruiting does happen and thats why so many catholic schools and other private schools dominate in state championships. I thought that there was processes that one must go through to become eligible to play. Like 911 addresses and crap like that?