Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 43 Pike Co. Central 36
12/13/2011
Betsy Layne 43
Pike Co. Central 36
Betsy Layne 12 6 8 17 43
Pike Co. Central 8 7 8 13 36
Betsy Layne (5-0) -- Roberts 11, Hale 4, Newsome 3, Meade 14, Case 9, Spencer 2.
Pike Co. Central (1-4) -- Blackburn 4, Shouse 6, Clark 6, Caudill 9, Runyon 3, Tibbs 4, Justice 2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...z1gTNr9oCv
BL really struggled. Roberts and Meade both sat out the whole 2nd qtr due to fouls...Case really stepped up and scored when they was out...Betsy Layne was without the head coach..mr junior newsome and you could tell..
Congrats Bobcats. They should have killed the Hawks though
This really surprises me. What was tonight, upset Tuesday? Betsy Layne has gotta watch out, play like this again and the opponent it likely to jump up and get them.

Good effort Hawks.
Congrats to Bobcats. Good effort by PC.
Very ugly game by the Bobcats! But a wins a win.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I was curious, why wasn't Junior able to coach tonight?

Health?

Family Issues?
J-Rod Wrote:I was curious, why wasn't Junior able to coach tonight?

Health?

Family Issues?

Family Issues..
Congrats BL. Very good effort by the Hawks. Good luck to both next game.
This one was A LOT closer than I expected.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Not at all to hate on Betsy Layne, just pointing something out here...

If you look at their stats on KHSAA, they have a low 2 point shot shooting percentage, and I think only one game where they approached an overall shooting percentage even close to 50%. It looks to me like (just based on stats I'm seeing), they need to focus on hitting those 2's and getting into a groove. I haven't seen them yet this year, so I don't know if they are running mostly set offenses, or they are fast-breaking and missing layups, etc. I just noticed their stats and wanted to point that out. Until they get smarter with their shot selection (it sounds like), they will have games like this.
PHSForever Wrote:Not at all to hate on Betsy Layne, just pointing something out here...

If you look at their stats on KHSAA, they have a low 2 point shot shooting percentage, and I think only one game where they approached an overall shooting percentage even close to 50%. It looks to me like (just based on stats I'm seeing), they need to focus on hitting those 2's and getting into a groove. I haven't seen them yet this year, so I don't know if they are running mostly set offenses, or they are fast-breaking and missing layups, etc. I just noticed their stats and wanted to point that out. Until they get smarter with their shot selection (it sounds like), they will have games like this.

Good Post!
As a BL fan, I agree 100%
Best thing about about this Betsy Layne team is not there offense its there defense. They play outstanding defense and rebound pretty well for there size. They stay in ballgames with there defense and then make a couple of plays offensively when they need to in order to win the game. When you get ready to play Betsy Layne you better prepare for a "grind it out" battle cause they get after you.
you have a good team when you play ugly and still win . Congrats to the boys down the Lane
First off, I'd like to send my thoughts and prayers out to the family of Coach Jr. Newsome. This Bobcat was caught off guard by what happened and played very well from what I have been told considering the circumstances.

As for the shooting, you have five starters that can all shoot the ball from deep and have the green light to do so. They are a small team which means a lot of there drives to the basket are challenged by bigger guys. However, if you try to run with them, its going to be a very long night. This team's defense is a typically Jr. Newsome we are going to take away what you wanna do style that is always hounding you which causes a lot of problems for teams. And I believe the old saying goes offense sells tickets but defense wins championships!
Shocked by the score, 15th is WIDE OPEN.
PHSForever Wrote:Not at all to hate on Betsy Layne, just pointing something out here...

The reason they don't hit those 2's are because they shoot wayyyy to may 3 balls. A traditional Jr. Newsome team played inside out and only took 3'd if they were last resorts. But this year, it seems like a complete opposite! They play the 3 ball and NEVER give the bigs inside any looks.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Hey Spud, how tall are BL's starting 4 and 5? Can't find the info anywhere...
vundy33 Wrote:Hey Spud, how tall are BL's starting 4 and 5? Can't find the info anywhere...

6'3 and 6'3.. Not very tall, not very strong. But are very determined ball players! And fight very hard for their size!
#BBFL
Gracias. Gotcha.

I'm glad our game with you guys is later in the season, so all the first of the season kinks are mostly gone. I can't wait.
Close game. Congrats Bobcats!
vundy33 Wrote:Gracias. Gotcha.

I'm glad our game with you guys is later in the season, so all the first of the season kinks are mostly gone. I can't wait.

Same here. The Bobcats will have their entire team by then.
#BBFL