Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
owen county 19 and 0
Owen county has destroy ever body they play by an avg of 26 points
Sounds like they need to play somebody. Expect if they want to truly prov e themselves they need to play in KBA state tour. Win by that amount there everybody will give them respect.
Sounds like u aint played no-body!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is a small list of teams you could play that would test you to see if they can play.
Knox
Elkhorn
Wayne
Louisa
pikeville
Garrard
Chavies

These are just a few of many that come to mind.
If you beat these teams you will gain respect as a dominate team.
Having seen most of those teams play I agree with dozerdawg's list, all very good teams, may add Paintsville to that list, and prob the all the best team I have seen play.
kai Wrote:Having seen most of those teams play I agree with dozerdawg's list, all very good teams, may add Paintsville to that list, and prob the all the best team I have seen play.

I would add Paintsville as well. Sorry, I just forgot them. I'm sure there are some really good teams out west and in the Louisville area as well. I am not very familiar with that area.
Would say if you can compete with the best of the 15th region in grade school, you can compete with anyone in the state. two years ago Betsy Layne's A team made the KBA state final four, Johnson Central made the Elite 8 and Virgie's 7th grade that year made the final four. Last year, Johnson Central's 8th grade team was state runner up, Betsy Layne defeated a state final four team last year (I belive) in Southern Pulaski and Virgie could have made a better run had they not be put into murder's row and had to knock off the favorite in the tournament in the first round. Also, Louisa's 7th grade was the state runner up last year and are arguably at this point the 3rd best team in the region. To go back further, say the last 6 years... Virgie has a state title, Betsy Layne has three final four apperences and I'm sure Johnson Central has a lot to brag about. Feds Creek and Dorton have also had teams in this time period that was good enough to beat any of the other teams in the region I have mentioned at some point.
@dozerdawg707
Hazard has beaton Magoffin by 6! Just thought I'd say that.Confusednicker:
Hazard has beaten Adams, and Virgie, and Magoffin County!