Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5A District 8 2012
I think Massey and Akal will will make an impact on Defense, I see one or both fitting in on the D-line, filling the role held by Dylon Smith and then McMillian this past year! Coty Miracle will have his spot. I wonder if Akal or Massey will play at safety or DB?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You know that Whitley's program is COMPLETELY different than it was in the 80's. Whitley could barely scruff up a few wins before Campbell took over. Wburg had a winning record because Whitley didnt have anybody who knew what they were doing before Campbell came in. You know that is a fact.
Its a moronic thing to say Wburg has nothing to gain by playing Whitley. Its a 1A school who could potentially beat a 5A school and gain bragging rights.
Whitley on the other hand has nothing to gain. Losing to a 1A school like Wburg would kill a season IMO for Whitley.
Whitley should win that game every year. Wburg could have picked up some wins over Whitley over the last 20 years, but id say over the last 20, Whitley would have went 15-5 against Wburg. Its not a knock on Wburg, the bigger school should always win. Meaning, Whitley has nothing to gain. Id rather travel to Bowling Green every year than see a Whitley/Wburg game.
Its the same way i feel about Lynn Camp. Its time to end that series now and get a competetive game every year against a larger school. Why not trade that game for an annual series with North or South Laurel now that there in other districts? I know its a money thing, but to be honest, its getting old.

Has Whitley's program changed since the 80's, if you look back in the 2000's, had the same number of district titles and had the same number of winning seasons.

The only thing that has changed is perception, reality is what reality is, but I still pull of Whitley and Williamsburg, never Corbin, so good luck this season and future seasons.
tvtimeout Wrote:Has Whitley's program changed since the 80's, if you look back in the 2000's, had the same number of district titles and had the same number of winning seasons.

The only thing that has changed is perception, reality is what reality is, but I still pull of Whitley and Williamsburg, never Corbin, so good luck this season and future seasons.

Since 2000, Whitley has as many district titles as they had from 1963 to 2000, so yes i believe thats headed into the right direction.
Also, Whitley never had a region title until 08 so thats a plus.

I understand what your saying though. Whitley hasnt really had that much tradition compared to some teams. BUT, before Campbell we were flat out awful. Theres really no other way to say it. When he took over we became a winning program, maybe not a district and region winner, but in his 20 years of coaching he only had 3 losing seasons, 89, 02, 05. There were bunches of 8 and 9 win seasons. The problem....I think it was the fact that we were stuck in a district with Bell and Rock. Every year we would beat one but not the other. And you have to agree that these were two, if not the two best mountain teams of the 90's and early 00's. Then for his last few years, Whitley moved up to 4A football, where everybody in that districts plyoff matchup was a loss.

I believe it had changed drastically since then but i can understand what you hinting at.
Bear_Paw Wrote:I don't know who will land at QB but I think HC like years past will have a lot of running backs to choose from. One thing is for sure is they will have to get Zack Caldwell on the field somewhere. Too big and strong just just sit and he is a gamer! Love this kid and if you want to see a pretty ball thrown just watch him chuck it some time. He has a cannon. In my opinion HC has got to get some linemen ready to play. If so they'll be fine on offense. I think their LB core will be fine, Whithead should move back to DE and if they can find another DE to match that should look good. But the biggest thing they must do is fnd a corner with speed and height. It was just too easy to throw on one corner this year.

I concur 100% about caldwell, he can throw and is very very physical. I do not concur about whithead moving "back" to DE.. I think he's the best ML in the district and possibly the region.
JAFO Wrote:I concur 100% about caldwell, he can throw and is very very physical. I do not concur about whithead moving "back" to DE.. I think he's the best ML in the district and possibly the region.

I would move Middleton before I would Whitehead or Lewis. I could see Middleton filling Brewer's shoes at safety.

Whitehead and Lewis (if he returns to pre two knee surgeries form) could be unbelievable. I think Lewis may have lost a step but he and Whitehead just have a nose for the football.
I can agree with that statement Middleton is a little under 6 ft, and also close to weighing 200 pounds. With that said he isn't that big to be a linebacker but that size is great for a safety! Going along with the fact he's probably the fastest on the team, with some work he could become better at coverage and provide the support to stop runs from busting out if they make it past the lb core.
I don't know if the rover linebacker position the way Harlan County plays it would fit Whitehead or Lewis. I think T.J. Green was there before. It's more like a safety. I guess Middleton could play safety, but I don't know if they have anyone else ready to play his spot as well as he has the last two years.
JAFO Wrote:I concur 100% about caldwell, he can throw and is very very physical. I do not concur about whithead moving "back" to DE.. I think he's the best ML in the district and possibly the region.

LMAO at username JAFO. Now where have I heard that before...