Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tussey filing suit on Eddie McCoy!!
Former Pike Central Girls Coach Tammy Tussey is fileing suite on principal Eddie McCoy. Tussey a coach which had been at Central for thirteen years resigned in October after a meeting with McCoy. Tussey a coach which had racked up several district championships and two regional championships was one of the and still is one of the more respected coaches in the region. Tussey is filing suit alleging sexual discrimination, claming McCoy forced her to resign, holding her to standards that were not required from male coaches at Pike Central.

Information coming from http://www.wymtnews.com/Global/category....=menu181_3
Good job Tussey. :bounce:

Eddie McCoy

Confusederved:
I believe that the Pike County Board of Education is also listed as a defendant in the suit, or at least that was the headline in the Williamson Daily News.
mmm thanks for that information Pirate Pal
I don't blame her one bit for doing this!
Can't post....:CD-PlayMu
Hate to tell you NEXT but that doesn't mean a hill of beans when it comes to law suits. She may or may not have a case but signing that doesn't mean crap. I know from experience.
I see you changed your post NEXT.
an article by the news express giving more infotmation on this story...

http://www.news-expressky.com/articles/2.../01sue.txt
Kind of odd that it took her almost five months to feel discriminated against....but, then again, I guess we have to remember what starts this week.
I think she messed up by handing in her resignation letter. If she was that adamant about standing her ground she shouldn't have turned it in. I wish her the best of luck in whatever she does. To me, she was a good coach. I played for her for a couple of years and she was pretty decent when it came to coaching. It just seems she kind of began letting her team control the aspects of the game instead of her soing the coaching. But again, I wish her the best of luck.
"bballfanatic" Wrote:Kind of odd that it took her almost five months to feel discriminated against....but, then again, I guess we have to remember what starts this week.

Not really. Sometimes, it takes a little time for somebody to decide they've been wronged to the point that their only avenue for redress is the court system.

And let's face it ... we're talking about the Pike County school system here. Tammy had to be concerned about whether she'd be able to hold on to her job if she sued.
"Maui Nick" Wrote:Not really. Sometimes, it takes a little time for somebody to decide they've been wronged to the point that their only avenue for redress is the court system.

And let's face it ... we're talking about the Pike County school system here. Tammy had to be concerned about whether she'd be able to hold on to her job if she sued.

It looks like "SOUR GRAPES" to me. I hope that it isn't, but that is the way it looks from here.
"WeisGuy" Wrote:It looks like "SOUR GRAPES" to me. I hope that it isn't, but that is the way it looks from here.

You think that if you had been railroaded out of your job you would have "SOUR GRAPES" or would it be peaches and cream for you? This is peoples livelyhoods that we ae dealing with here. :Hungry:
"roadrunner" Wrote:You think that if you had been railroaded out of your job you would have "SOUR GRAPES" or would it be peaches and cream for you? This is peoples livelyhoods that we ae dealing with here. :Hungry:

And we are also dealing with KIDS. The girl's team at Pike Central has had enough distractions. The last thing that they need is another one, but it seems like that is EXACTLY what Ms. Tussey has presented them with.
"WeisGuy" Wrote:And we are also dealing with KIDS. The girl's team at Pike Central has had enough distractions. The last thing that they need is another one, but it seems like that is EXACTLY what Ms. Tussey has presented them with.

Don't seem like Ms. Tussey started this mess. I think that would fall on the shoulders of Mr. Eddie McCoy. He is the one that caused all of the distractions. :Hole:
the girls could care less lol...they think it is funny...
Doesn't seem that Mccoy would do this but i guess wrong.
"WeisGuy" Wrote:And we are also dealing with KIDS. The girl's team at Pike Central has had enough distractions. The last thing that they need is another one, but it seems like that is EXACTLY what Ms. Tussey has presented them with.

No, she didn't.

This has nothing to do with the kids; they aren't caught in the middle. Unfortunately, it has everything to do with the adults and the good ol' boy network.
"Maui Nick" Wrote:No, she didn't.

This has nothing to do with the kids; they aren't caught in the middle. Unfortunately, it has everything to do with the adults and the good ol' boy network.

You are kidding right? The kids aren't caught in the middle? Ms. Tussey has had 5 months and she waits until the week before the district tourney to decide that she is going to file suit? Did she just figure out that she thought she was "wronged"? Come on. This timing doesnt effect any adult, only the KIDS that are playing this week. The law suit itself does effect adults (ie the ones named in the suit) but the timing only effects the kids. Its not like the statute of limitations runs out this week. She could have postponed it until after the state tourney but I guess then it wouldnt get the publicity. It is all about the kids, keep them out of it, they are kids.
"Evil Twin" Wrote:You are kidding right? The kids aren't caught in the middle? Ms. Tussey has had 5 months and she waits until the week before the district tourney to decide that she is going to file suit? Did she just figure out that she thought she was "wronged"? Come on. This timing doesnt effect any adult, only the KIDS that are playing this week. The law suit itself does effect adults (ie the ones named in the suit) but the timing only effects the kids. Its not like the statute of limitations runs out this week. She could have postponed it until after the state tourney but I guess then it wouldnt get the publicity. It is all about the kids, keep them out of it, they are kids.

But on the other hand ...

"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:the girls could care less lol...they think it is funny...

Confusederved:
well i guess when you do not go to school with all the girls you would not know if it has effected them... did not look like it effected them last night when they won by 15 points...THEY DON'T CARE IT DOES NOT MATTER TO THEM IF A COACH PLACES A LAWSUIT ON THE PRINCIPAL THEY ARE DOING WHAT THEY LOVE AND THAT IS PLAYING BASKETBALL...EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY THEY ARE MORE WORRIED ABOUT WINNING A DAM TROPHY THEN WORRING ABOUT SOMEONES SOCIAL AND PERSONAL LIFE...

you just got served...
they live and die on the court that is where their hearts are...they have moved on no reason to reflect on the past...their hearts are no longer with Tussey when they step on the floor their hearts are with Butcher and their mind is set strong on bringing home the district and regional championships...
[QUOTE="Maui Nick"]Not really. Sometimes, it takes a little time for somebody to decide they've been wronged to the point that their only avenue for redress is the court system.

That is correct. That is why the law established "statutes of limitations".
In this case, she probably had a couple of years to decide whether to sue. This is a well-thought-out five months.

Simmer down.
Instead of filing suit she should just move on to a different school and be a coach again. Pike Co. Board is probably laughing at that paperwork. She's talented and needs to move on to a place where her heart will be in the game again.
"BleedsBlue" Wrote:Instead of filing suit she should just move on to a different school and be a coach again. Pike Co. Board is probably laughing at that paperwork. She's talented and needs to move on to a place where her heart will be in the game again.

I guess that she should just forget all of the hard work that she has put into building the Pike Central program, and HAND it over to someone who is on the poltical in, with very little coaching experience. There is something called PRIDE and Tussey has that. Also there is right and wrong, and McCoy knows nothing about that.

The board proably is laughing at this, because they know that they can get away with whatever they want. There is no loyality from the board either. :rules:
Well said Road Runner.  You are absoutly right.  They get by with way to much.  This was a bad move. 
No class and no respect was shown her.  That is not right.
Is this Steve Butcher any relation to Jerry Butcher at P-burg?
[quote author=blu link=topic=20013.msg208754#msg208754 date=1142098943]
Is this Steve Butcher any relation to Jerry Butcher at P-burg?
[/quote]

Yes, Jerry is Steve uncle  I think, Steve dad is super at Wolfe county and he and McCoy are big buddies. Now you can see why this all went down the way it did. McCoys goal is to one day be in central office somewhere so you help me and I'll help you. McCoy actually spends more time at the central office than he does at Pike Central. The day he got the job at Pike Central the good old boy network started, get rid of this one to move this one in and so on. This thing with Tussey was being set up a year in advance. The funny thing about this he thinks he is so smart that no one knows what he is up to.
David Rowe will be next Asst. principal and Mark Thompson will be next boys basketball coach, (Mark Thompson is Paul Dotson nephew and Paul Dotson will be next Super) The next time the boys b-ball job is open it proably will not even be poosted if it is there will be no interview (just like the football job before Mac never interveiwed for that and this comes from a SBDC member)

Get'em Tussey maybe some of the others that have been wronged by McCoy will join you!!!!