Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers losing the super bowl
It must suck knowing that you get so close every year....

but yet so far.
really? lol
Well they're always in contention for the super bowl....but how often do they win it?
we're quite aways away from the superbowl.....I don't think there worried about that now lol
Im going to say they win it more often than the bungles
You know NOTHING about football, been in 8 super bowls and have won 6, gets some facts straights.

Two words for ya: WE DEY!!!
WE DEY for years to come
^
lol
Didn't the Steelers sweep the Bengals this year.......ummmm
WideRight05 Wrote:Well they're always in contention for the super bowl....but how often do they win it?

2× Super Bowl champion in the past 10 years. (XL, XLIII) 2005, 2008
Crazy Horse Wrote:You know NOTHING about football, been in 8 super bowls and have won 6, gets some facts straights.

Two words for ya: WE DEY!!!
WE DEY for years to come

Shitttt son. I know more about football than you ever will.

How often do they make the playoffs?

Just about every year...

They're supposed to be some big dynasty but yet...

They usually disappear before the big super bowl game.
You just made an idiot our of yourself. Lol... You said they're always in contention for a super bowl. I appreciate you reconizing our dominance! While your Bengals are always at home watching us on tv.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Yeah, they're in contention, but that's just more times they choke. I like knowing mt team just sucks ass instead of my hopes being built up every year only knowing we will get our ass beat somewhere along the line.
^Your digging a huge whole for yourself to lay in. Saying your team sucks a**.. And I'd much rather have my team in the big game then watching it from the house. Least they make it there.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
WideRight05 Wrote:Yeah, they're in contention, but that's just more times they choke. I like knowing mt team just sucks ass instead of my hopes being built up every year only knowing we will get our ass beat somewhere along the line.

Let me see...8 appearances and 6 victories. Three appearances in the last 6 years. Two Super Bowl victories in the last 6 years. More Super Bowl victories than any other team. Sure sounds like you know football.
When was the last time the Bungles won a playoff game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Oh yeah, the Steelers have the super bowls...they have it all...

Also the biggest bandwagon fans, next to Duke University in basketball.
WideRight05 Wrote:Oh yeah, the Steelers have the super bowls...they have it all...

Also the biggest bandwagon fans, next to Duke University in basketball.

Haha, bandwagon! We've been Steeler fans since Moby Dick was a tad pole.
#BBFL
WideRight05 Wrote:Shitttt son. I know more about football than you ever will.

How often do they make the playoffs?

Just about every year...

They're supposed to be some big dynasty but yet...

They usually disappear before the big super bowl game.

You can make that argument about any team in the NFL, Colts make the playoffs more than the Steelers and hardly ever see them in the super bowl. As long as my team is good enough to be considered a Dynasty. Eagles is another, didn't they make it to 4 or 5 straight NFC Championship games, won 1, 0 super bowls, can say that about any team. Other then your suck a$$ Bungals who once every 10 season has a better record then Pittsburgh. No Bandwagon here, been a fan since I was 7. If you so much about football then you should see why the Steelers have been so good the last 6 or 7 years, b/c they have one of the best QB's in the NFL
Crazy Horse Wrote:You can make that argument about any team in the NFL, Colts make the playoffs more than the Steelers and hardly ever see them in the super bowl. As long as my team is good enough to be considered a Dynasty. Eagles is another, didn't they make it to 4 or 5 straight NFC Championship games, won 1, 0 super bowls, can say that about any team. Other then your suck a$$ Bungals who once every 10 season has a better record then Pittsburgh. No Bandwagon here, been a fan since I was 7. If you so much about football then you should see why the Steelers have been so good the last 6 or 7 years, b/c they have one of the best QB's in the NFL

That's the typical response, "I've been a fan since..." the fact is, a lot of people just like Pittsburgh because, yes, they are good. Fact is, yes, Pittsburgh is very good. But fact is also, if Pitt had the tradition of Cincy or somewhere else, they would have 1/10 the fans they currently have. I clearly remember eople were jumping off the bandwagon back in 2003 when the Steelers had a 6 - 10 season. The next year they went 15 - 1, and some could argue that team being undefeated because they did not lose a game in the regular season with Big Ben under center. However, people were quick to switch from the Patriots, Packers, etc. back to the Steelers when they had that season after a down year. It's a big bandwagon. Say what you want about my Bengals, but with this young team I am excited about our future. This group is greatly overachieving right now, and they have a much better attitude than the previous group did with Ochocinco and company. Regardless, I'll always be a true fan to my team.
WideRight05 Wrote:That's the typical response, "I've been a fan since..." the fact is, a lot of people just like Pittsburgh because, yes, they are good. Fact is, yes, Pittsburgh is very good. But fact is also, if Pitt had the tradition of Cincy or somewhere else, they would have 1/10 the fans they currently have. I clearly remember eople were jumping off the bandwagon back in 2003 when the Steelers had a 6 - 10 season. The next year they went 15 - 1, and some could argue that team being undefeated because they did not lose a game in the regular season with Big Ben under center. However, people were quick to switch from the Patriots, Packers, etc. back to the Steelers when they had that season after a down year. It's a big bandwagon. Say what you want about my Bengals, but with this young team I am excited about our future. This group is greatly overachieving right now, and they have a much better attitude than the previous group did with Ochocinco and company. Regardless, I'll always be a true fan to my team.

Never have road but one bandwagon and that is this years UK 40-0 trip. My dad raised me to be a Steelers fan, he grew up watching the steel cutain of the 70's. Since I was 7, yes, 13 years now, I have wore a Steelers jersey every sunday. When Steelers had there bad years and their good I was there each step of the way. They are young and have the world of potential yes, but they have one of the WORST owners and GM in all of football. They would be better if they was controlled by someone else. No one is questioning if yo're a true fan or not, just can't figure out why you created a pointless thread. I HAVE and ALWAYS WILL BE a Steelers fan
^ I'm creating a pointless thread because I am an asshole and that's the kind of stuff I do. Big Grin

The steel curtain teams of the 70's would have been fun to watch. But the Steelers having one of the worst owners and GM's in football?

You should see the Bengals my man...
Every franchise has bandwagon fans. But I'm positive that the Steeler fans on here are not bandwagon people.

You my friend need to talk to TidesHoss32. He'll make you feel so stupid for starting this pointless thread.
#BBFL
Every franchise does have bandwagon fans. I'm not the least bit hesitant to say that the Bengals had a decent size bandwagon in 2005 when we had that big year and made the playoffs for the first time in years. I just think the Steelers have the biggest bandwagon of them all. I don't know what a lot of the people on here are like when it comes to rooting for the Steelers, but I have known a lot of people to give up on them if they are on a down year...

And what thread have I started that wasn't completely pointless and didn't attack somebody? Big Grin
Steelers suck. Big Ben pee's on people.
Steelers have the best owner in all of football, that comment was about the Bengals. They have a horrible owner and GM running their program
I said Pittsburg just lost the Super Bowl.. HERE WE GOOO...
Crazy Horse Wrote:Steelers have the best owner in all of football, that comment was about the Bengals. They have a horrible owner and GM running their program

Oh ok. Yeah, I was going to say...he must be doing something right. Big Grin

Cincy's ownership is awful. You and I could run that team a heck of a lot better than they do..

That being said, Pitt still sucks. Tongue
Ownership means everything, look at Pats, another great run team. I know enough about it to know to get the right coaching staff. Like the head coach to a point, but off. coor. and def. coor. are average at best. Even with the 5th ranked defense. This year was the first true year they had a draft worth something, I mean just look at Dalton and Green.
I understand the hostility. Most Bengals fans have an inferiority complex about the Steelers. And for good reason. The Bengals are an inferior organization top to bottom when compared to The Steelers. The Steelers are the standard and the bungles are the joke of the NFL. I root for The Steelers for a lot of reasons ,yes they are winners, but alot of teams win. I like their style of play. They play the game the way it should be played IMO. But the biggest reason is the Rooney family. They dont go out and buy high priced free agents like the cowboys, yankees, and miami heat do or like the bungles try in vain to do.. The Steelers build through the draft and scout players that nobody has ever heard of and make GREAT football players out of them. Which is the way it should be done. When a team is run the way the Rooneys and Kevin Colbert run the Steelers. Winning takes care of itself. You may not like it and if I were a bungle fan I guess I wouldnt like it either. But dont be hating just because you root for an inferior team.
WideRight05 Wrote:Oh ok. Yeah, I was going to say...he must be doing something right. Big Grin

Cincy's ownership is awful. You and I could run that team a heck of a lot better than they do..

That being said, Pitt still sucks. Tongue
...and the bungles still swallow....:flame: