Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Short Stop IN 15th
I would like to know hiting:Hammer3: and fielding wise...
Braxton Lafferty......
Justin Blanton is the best shortstop in the 15th Region.
I would probably go with Lafferty.
Justin Blanton is a great athlete in general, but Braxton Lafferty has a cannon for an arm, has excellent range, and can hit with power and for average. He isn't too bad of a pitcher either.
Daniel Pugh is a good one. So is Braxton Lafferty.
I would have to say Braxton Lafferty
tyler turner will be a good one too
"SONY" Wrote:Daniel Pugh is a good one. So is Braxton Lafferty.
Braxton Lafferty is pretty good but I'll take Justin Blanton. I dont think that Daniel has played short stop since he was been in little league but he was pretty good when he was a litle kid.
i have to go with braxton lafferty...i think he is a an all around good player and has good hiting power and can cover alot of ground at short stop and has fantastic range and he can also get down the line.....and is also one of my picks for best player in the 15th
Daniel Pugh
Wow, there are 3 dandies just in the 57th district alone now that Lawrence has come to town. Lafferty, Blanton and Roberts are all pretty good. You cant go wrong with any of three. If I had to rate them I would probably go;

1. Blanton
2. Lafferty
3. Roberts

There is not a huge difference in the three. Blanton probably has the edge in power and speed. Lafferty might have a little better range, and Roberts is just plain solid in all aspects.
"former_raider80" Wrote:Daniel Pugh
I have never seen Daniel Pugh play anything but centerfield or 3rd base. Not that he cant play it, but has he ever played short?
Justin Blanton
When did Justin Blanton move to SS? The last game I saw them play he was playing right field. Daniel doesn't play SS, but JD VanHoose is pretty good and will do good for the Tigers, but I'm sure he isn't the best yet.
I heard Pugh was moving back to SS this year and Vanhoose was either playing 2B or 3B.
Braxton Lafferty IMO is the best in the 15th! Can knock it down, and hit at a good average for the whole season.
Travis Ison is a pretty good 2nd basemen, and I don't see JD moving to third if Josh Watkins plays, has a strong arm and a power hitter. I'd be suprised though if Daniel did move to SS, a lot of who plays where will come up.
braxton lafferty is not only the best shortstop in the 15 but the best player in the 15
Tyler Turner is one of the best, but Lafferty is #1, IMO.
Braxton Lafferty  IMO is the best player in the 15th region, so  Iwill def say I think he is the best SS. I mean his fielding,hitting, and arm are outstanding, but he also has all the intangables, and plays har don every play. You will never see him taking a play off or not hustling.
I agree, moofer! Lafferty is definitey one of the top 3 overall players in the region. He can hit for average, hit for power, run, throw, and play defense. He always gives Mike Hall 110%, and you are right, he never takes a play lightly. He isn't too bad of a pitcher either. The only thing I can think of that might be wrong with his pitching is his control. If he can get that down, not only will be one of the region's top shortstops, but he could develop into one of the top pitchers as well by season's end.
Lafferty
Turner
Pugh
[quote author=ShortStop link=topic=19986.msg205864#msg205864 date=1141699068]
Lafferty
Turner
Pugh
[/quote]For about the 43rd time , Daniel Pugh has never played short stop . Why do people keep posting that? The best short stop plays at Johnson Central. Justin Blanton...JB
the best short stop plays for the cardinals, Braxton Lafferty. IMO  Brandon May can fill the spot up too very well.
IMO Pugh should stay in the outfield, his hands aren't soft enough for the SS position. With paintsville pitching being down whoever plays SS might just get there shins beat off. Vanhoose may play SS but he is very young and inexperienced at SS for the High School level. Lafferty then Blanton are my picks.
I thinks its awesome that Sheldon Clark could have two of the best shortstops in the region. Braxton is the best in the region, and if they wanted to play B. May there he would be too.
[quote author=moofer link=topic=19986.msg207114#msg207114 date=1141910356]
I thinks its awesome that Sheldon Clark could have two of the best shortstops in the region. Braxton is the best in the region, and if they wanted to play B. May there he would be too.
[/quote]Lafferty is a lot better than May at SS because May dont have the arm to play SS. He could be a good 2nd baseman. Lafferty does have the best arm of the 2. In fact like I said in another post that neither one can mach the arm of Blanton. He throws rockets and is quicker than either one of those 2.
I will add this. Give JD a couple of years and he will be the one that every body is talking about.
Braxton Lafferty in my opinion is the best because the kid can field and he is very good batter and he is a pretty good pitcher so how can u go wrong with him.