Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs. Bowling Green
BG's offensive line would be eaten alive by the Highlands D-line. I think BG would slow the Birds offense, but Highlands would still win the game 31 - 14.
Bird4Life Wrote:BG's offensive line would be eaten alive by the Highlands D-line. I think BG would slow the Birds offense, but Highlands would still win the game 31 - 14.

OK. Thanks.
Bird4Life Wrote:BG's offensive line would be eaten alive by the Highlands D-line. I think BG would slow the Birds offense, but Highlands would still win the game 31 - 14.

No, I think you are sadly mistaking. BG has several quality offensive linemen including one of which that is commited to Louisville, Joe Manley.
Bowling Green's defense never gave up over 20 points a game all year and was averaging giving up just over 8 points a game. And you are going to tell me HHS racks up 30+?

No. :dontthink
Fade Wrote:No, I think you are sadly mistaking. BG has several quality offensive linemen including one of which that is commited to Louisville, Joe Manley.
Bowling Green's defense never gave up over 20 points a game all year and was averaging giving up just over 8 points a game. And you are going to tell me HHS racks up 30+?

Tell me what offense you played against this year that is better than Highlands? Actually, what offense was even half as good as Highlands?
Click "LIKE" if you think these two teams should work together and schedule a game this month!
sstack Wrote:Tell me what offense you played against this year that is better than Highlands? Actually, what offense was even half as good as Highlands?

I didn't play against anybody, I am no Bowling Green fan. I just call it the way I see it, as do you. You aren't going to consider Lex. Cath's offense is as half as good? How about X? You think that they are not HALF of Highlands? That's a tad ridiculous.

They may not be all the way up to Highland's potential, but they are definatley half. Surely we can both agree.
Fade Wrote:I didn't play against anybody, I am no Bowling Green fan. I just call it the way I see it, as do you. You aren't going to consider Lex. Cath's offense is as half as good? How about X? You think that they are not HALF of Highlands? That's a tad ridiculous.

They may not be all the way up to Highland's potential, but they are definatley half. Surely we can both agree.

maybe LEX CATH, but not X
sstack Wrote:Tell me what offense you played against this year that is better than Highlands? Actually, what offense was even half as good as Highlands?

Purples!!!
sstack Wrote:maybe LEX CATH, but not X

You seem like a reasonable guy who has some knowledge about football, but can you really say that X doesn't have half as good as an offense that Highlands does? That's one of those 'C'mon man' that you see on ESPN.

Alright seeing as you are in agreement that Lex Cath is half of Highlands, that would mean that HHS is DOUBLE Lex Cath. Lex Cath scored 6 points. That means the all mighty birds would throw up 12 points. Correct?
Fade Wrote:No, I think you are sadly mistaking. BG has several quality offensive linemen including one of which that is commited to Louisville, Joe Manley.

EASY...I have never posted who I thought might win this game, but I know if BG was going to win, they would have to put up at least 40, because Highlands would score close to that without a doubt.
Blau Vogel Wrote:EASY...I have never posted who I thought might win this game, but I know if BG was going to win, they would have to put up at least 40, because Highlands would score close to that without a doubt.

I agree, not saying HHS would win, but if BG was to win, it would have to be in a shoot out. Just not sure BG is balanced enough on offense to pull it off. HHS was susceptible to the running game at times, but would make it very tough on teams in the red zone.
Guess it will have to be one of those things we agree to disagree on. BG's defense is rated 3 and 2 in the state on several polls (ie. MaxPreps, Massey, etc.). All is speculation, hopefully the two could get a home-home series going!
The thing with the BG and X game is that BG always plays them really well. It's difficult to measure them by that game alone. Anybody who can keep toe to toe with X is good, no question. But considering this was a down year by X standards, I wouldn't say a victory against X this year would be as big as if it were say 2, 3, 4 years ago. But, despite being "down," X is for sure no slouch.

That being said, one can lay down all the arguments they want, but I would guess that half the times BG got dismantled in the playoffs in the past that they had either played X or Trinity really well.

The bottom line is, BG has played X and T both really well in the past few years. But, you cannot base what would happen against other teams like Highlands simply on that game.

After all, they have all those state titles to show for playing T and X close.

Oh wait.... Big Grin
sstack Wrote:By the way, just heard the Highland Blue Birds get some love on Sunday Night Football.

Yea by the worse voice ever in broadcasting! Chris is so classy, goes to his daughter's soccer game and pulls out the laptop, never watches 5 minutes of her game. Way to respect your daughter Chrissy! I am impressed with one thing of the dirty-birds this year, only 4 transfers this year! That has got to be some kind of record, usually couldn't make it without the rest of NKY's help.
hop24 Wrote:Yea by the worse voice ever in broadcasting! Chris is so classy, goes to his daughter's soccer game and pulls out the laptop, never watches 5 minutes of her game. Way to respect your daughter Chrissy! I am impressed with one thing of the dirty-birds this year, only 4 transfers this year! That has got to be some kind of record, usually couldn't make it without the rest of NKY's help.

We could probably remove our whole starting lineup and still our JVs would kick your teams ass.
WideRight05 Wrote:We could probably remove our whole starting lineup and still our JVs would kick your teams ass.

Nice comeback girly-man! :hilarious: Truth hurts! Boom goes the cannon! Opps and there goes a fimger!!:thatsfunn
In that case we'll be losing a lot of fingers because that cannon would be going off every time we score.

Which would be often.
hop24 Wrote:Nice comeback girly-man! :hilarious: Truth hurts! Boom goes the cannon! Opps and there goes a fimger!!:thatsfunn

Not classy.

I'm sure the Birds have stomped a team you either played for or rooted for.
^^^ That's right. Hop I would like to know who your team is so we can talk about that absolute ass beating we put up on them.
hop24 Wrote:Yea by the worse voice ever in broadcasting! Chris is so classy, goes to his daughter's soccer game and pulls out the laptop, never watches 5 minutes of her game. Way to respect your daughter Chrissy! I am impressed with one thing of the dirty-birds this year, only 4 transfers this year! That has got to be some kind of record, usually couldn't make it without the rest of NKY's help.

Names please???

You have no clue!!!! Cris(Not Chris) was one of my daughters coaches for the track team, so I personally know him and have seen first hand the time he puts in for his kids and others kids. He went way out of his way for his kids as well as my daughter. He was just as excited for my daughter when she did well as his own kids. He goes way out of his way to let the kids know how proud of them he is. And he even has his contracts for TV written so he is allowed to be at all his kids activities (at all ND games, at all HHS activities and not just sports events, at activities in FL for daughter and at Harvard activities for other daughter).You might not like him as a broadcaster (many think highly of him, as he has won many awards) but you have no clue about his personal life and what a huge family man he is. Maybe you did see him with a laptop at his daughters game, but I can not count how many track meets, football games,soccer games, and school activities I have seen him at and have never seen him with a lap top. He is always their for his kids and all the kids. So for you to paint a broad picture of one chance meeting is totally off base.
As for the comment about transfers, were do you get all your info? You are pretty clueless about probably the most known person at HHS, so I would say your comments about transfers have no basis either. It is understandable that you dislike Highlands (A lot of people hate perennial winners) but your attempt to put the team and coach/family man down is laughable and pathetic.:lame:
^ Right on. So what if he had the laptop at his daughters games?

In fact, given what he does, only God himself knows how he is able to create all the time to come to games like that. Amazing guy.
Id say the purples take this one in a close game with a low score. 21-17 Highlands would not blow out this BG team. BG Defense would match well with HHS offense and vice versas, what would ultimately decide this game is the coaches preparation of SPECIAL TEAMS. in this category i go with the Purples, they have the speed nessecary and depth to handle HHS this year and this year alone. plus highlands did almost get beat by Cov Cath who isnt ranked nationally. that being said BG wins in a close one.:trolldad:Confusederiously:Confusederiously:Confusederiously:Confusederiously:
^ LMAO we killed Cov Cath when we played them in the regional final.

Highlands being held to 17? HAHAHAHA What a joke!
WideRight05 Wrote:^ LMAO we killed Cov Cath when we played them in the regional final.

Highlands being held to 17? HAHAHAHA What a joke!

Why must you criticize everyone's opinion that goes against your opinion? They are entitled to think what they want to think without you bashing them for it. I mean come on, lay off a little. You act as if BG is some easy opponent too. I guess I just don't get it.
Fade Wrote:Why must you criticize everyone's opinion that goes against your opinion? They are entitled to think what they want to think without you bashing them for it. I mean come on, lay off a little. You act as if BG is some easy opponent too. I guess I just don't get it.

You get it, but they never will. They are blinded by their teams success.
Highlands is like the baby jesus of KY football, with Trinity being god
1) Although Bowling Green had a good team this year, I still feel like Highlands would win by 21 like they did in the '07 state game when Bowling Green had one of their "good" teams.
2) This hop guy is an absolute embarassment to whatever school he represents and should seriously reevaluate his morals. Making fun of a man (whom i know very very well) that was injured in a freak accident? Really guy? People like you are what is wrong with the world today. But no, you just go ahead and sit behind your computer screen and take unnecessary shots and people. Keep it classy little man.
LaFlamaBlanca Wrote:1) Although Bowling Green had a good team this year, I still feel like Highlands would win by 21 like they did in the '07 state game when Bowling Green had one of their "good" teams.
2) This hop guy is an absolute embarassment to whatever school he represents and should seriously reevaluate his morals. Making fun of a man (whom i know very very well) that was injured in a freak accident? Really guy? People like you are what is wrong with the world today. But no, you just go ahead and sit behind your computer screen and take unnecessary shots and people. Keep it classy little man.

While I agree with you that the subject post was totally classless and should not have been made (the man that lost part of his hand is a very, very close friend of mine), when you have a couple of Highlands fans that act like complete and total jackasses on here and actually enjoy being jackasses, you just ask for such classless posts to be made in response to the childish garbage they post. I hope that the 05 and 01 don't represent the years they graduated from Highlands. If so, I probably know them through my sons, which would be an embarrassment to have to admit. I can't believe they would have played football for Mueller. If they did play for Dale, using Dale's measure of success (success for him is not winning state titles; rather it's turning out young men that will grow up to be good fathers, good spouses and good and respectful citizens of society), he would have not been successful with those two. I hope that 05 and 01 represent the years those two were born, thus meaning they are 6 and 10 years old respectively. That might help explain the nature of their posts.

As long as we have a couple of Highlands fans acting like asses, doing so intentionally and actually enjoying it, I find it somewhat difficult for me to criticize just about any post made by the fan of any other program in response to the trolls. Nonetheless, the post about the injury should not have been made.
^ Looking to the post, I did not realize that Hop24 was making fun of that situation. My response was that a lot of fingers would be lost because we would be scoring a lot! That was a sucky situation and a freak accident, and hopefully we'll never see anything like that again - anywhere.

That being said, Mr. Charlie Hustle, there is a chance you may know me lol. But just know that other than me getting on here and being a complete dick, I have been a good contributing member of society outside of this place.