Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Football ( Kentucky)
JJ RUDE is going to win it.
:popcorn:
purplepride13 Wrote:I think Scooter Hollis from BG should win it. He is a 3 year starter. He lead a BG team to their 2nd state title and an undefeated season. He absolutley thrashed St.X throwing the ball and running the ball. He has a 4.0 and is a started in 3 sports! He is being looked at by a handful of ivy league schools. Thats amazing and he should win Mr. Football no doubt about it! And yes Towles is a very great athlete but you have to think about the all around person.

I would think you would have to be at least the player of the year for your district in order to get Mr. KY Football consideration.
Mr. football is getting a lot like the Heisman, it should be about the best athlete on the field but its not. it has become a popularity contest. it should not be viewed as a career achievement, nor how many titles the athlete has or how many wins. it should be about the best athlete this year. my personal thoughts is that a kid who rushes for 3000 yards on a 3-7 team, is as good or better than a kid who does the same for an undefeated team (considering he probably doesn't have the supporting cast). but as i said it comes down to career , stats, wins, and of course popularity or media. now with that being said i still feel towles might be the best bet (although if you compare his stats to ousleys regular season,...just sayin.) im just tired of hearing he has four championships he's signing with uk, blah blah blah. he has had a great career and he is a great quarterback, but there are other great athletes out there that just don't have the supporting cast or media hype.
I think the things that make Towels the front runner is all the extras that he brings to the table, my opinion the rings don't matter as much as the extras.
southbound Wrote:Mr. football is getting a lot like the Heisman, it should be about the best athlete on the field but its not. it has become a popularity contest. it should not be viewed as a career achievement, nor how many titles the athlete has or how many wins. it should be about the best athlete this year. my personal thoughts is that a kid who rushes for 3000 yards on a 3-7 team, is as good or better than a kid who does the same for an undefeated team (considering he probably doesn't have the supporting cast). but as i said it comes down to career , stats, wins, and of course popularity or media. now with that being said i still feel towles might be the best bet (although if you compare his stats to ousleys regular season,...just sayin.) im just tired of hearing he has four championships he's signing with uk, blah blah blah. he has had a great career and he is a great quarterback, but there are other great athletes out there that just don't have the supporting cast or media hype.

Mr Football is the Heisman of KY football, hasnt it always been? It should be and is the player with the most impact on KY Football this year with the rest of the career in consideration. JJ Jude got the rock every play for his life in one little area of KY...never won state and waxed when he stuck his head out with real teams.

I think Towles or Scotter Hollis would be good Mr Footballs.

What your saying lets give the trophy to some loser on a loser team because the good programs already have so much going for them. I say praise where praise is do. If some team went 3-7 with a 3000 yd rusher, thats their fault. that shouldnt happen. football is a team sport so its hard to completely subtract it down to one player.
Towles is obviously favorited and well deserving of a "Mr Football" award. But I do think that it isn't a done deal, many others like Hollis and Jude COULD win. Stranger things have happened.
birdman44 Wrote:Mr Football is the Heisman of KY football, hasnt it always been? It should be and is the player with the most impact on KY Football this year with the rest of the career in consideration. JJ Jude got the rock every play for his life in one little area of KY...never won state and waxed when he stuck his head out with real teams.

I think Towles or Scotter Hollis would be good Mr Footballs.

What your saying lets give the trophy to some loser on a loser team because the good programs already have so much going for them. I say praise where praise is do. If some team went 3-7 with a 3000 yd rusher, thats their fault. that shouldnt happen. football is a team sport so its hard to completely subtract it down to one player.

so why is there a Mr football award? shouldnt it be a team award.? my point is, (without taking anything away from towles because ihe is the cream of the crop this year), the best player isnt always on the best team. not sure what jude has to do with it though??
southbound Wrote:the best player isnt always on the best team.

So unless a player from Trinity wins, this will be true in 2011.
What high school player in Kentucky has the brightest future in playing D1 football and possibly on Sundays in the NFL? That guy should probably be Mr. Football in Kentucky. Stats mean a lot but WHO IS THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER?
warmachine Wrote:What high school player in Kentucky has the brightest future in playing D1 football and possibly on Sundays in the NFL? That guy should probably be Mr. Football in Kentucky. Stats mean a lot but WHO IS THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER?

PT!
?? JJ Jude with all his yards has to be at least 2nd , his just as good as any other rb around , he has outstanding work ethics ,and is good off the field ,and on .
Towles... gotta be Towles... resume, resume, resume... nuff said!