Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview Football
Ramcat77 Wrote:What would happen if McPeek left tomorrow? Would Fairview still be a program? Who would replace him? Would Cooksey come back and run it into the ground?

I think Fairview is on their way to becoming a program. Let's face it, McPeek isn't going to stay at Fairview forever. I've heard stories, first hand from kids who have played in the program since McPeek has been there and a lot of these kids aren't happy about coming up through the ranks of the Eagles program only to be replaced by a senior who is brought in from somewhere in West Virginia. This same scenario played out at Rose Hill and it eventually imploded on them and it will eventually play out with Fairview.

Excellent post. Imports never develop any loyalty (strictly independent contractors) to the school and often turn those who have been loyal (but are replaced) against the program. That certainly happened at Rose Hill. That will likely happen at Fairview.
Truth Wrote:It appears that we can find no common ground. It is hard to debate on a reasonable level of intelligence with a loyal Millseater. Are you suggesting that you want to trade your Gran Torino for my BMW?

We can find no common ground because you are sly about changing the subject when it hits a sore spot with you. Get real, we all know what you drive and it isnt a beemer.
Ramcat77 Wrote:What would happen if McPeek left tomorrow? Would Fairview still be a program? Who would replace him? Would Cooksey come back and run it into the ground?

I think Fairview is on their way to becoming a program. Let's face it, McPeek isn't going to stay at Fairview forever. I've heard stories, first hand from kids who have played in the program since McPeek has been there and a lot of these kids aren't happy about coming up through the ranks of the Eagles program only to be replaced by a senior who is brought in from somewhere in West Virginia. This same scenario played out at Rose Hill and it eventually imploded on them and it will eventually play out with Fairview.

Nice double talk. Rampuss77 and Rambutt, you guys should worry about the AMs and not the Wood.
Truth Wrote:Excellent post. Imports never develop any loyalty (strictly independent contractors) to the school and often turn those who have been loyal (but are replaced) against the program. That certainly happened at Rose Hill. That will likely happen at Fairview.

You guys haven't a clue about how to build a program probably don't know if ball filled with sand or air. Just go back to ram land they aren't very good anyhow
Clint Westwood Wrote:Nice double talk. Rampuss77 and Rambutt, you guys should worry about the AMs and not the Wood.

I don't know where the double talk is, but whatever. It appears that you and Rambait have some kind of issue, you may even know each other, but I don't know you and would appreciate it if you would refrain from the name calling!!
russellpride Wrote:You guys haven't a clue about how to build a program probably don't know if ball filled with sand or air. Just go back to ram land they aren't very good anyhow

You are awfully critical about what Raceland fans have to say about Fairview and our opinions on the right and wrong way to build a program. I'm not a coach anymore, coached a little after high school, got tired of dealing with teenagers and moved on. However, I have played my fair share of football and I know that there is a right way to build a program and a wrong way. I may be wrong, but I would guess that you played some football in your day, and now you are just an ordinary fan and if that is the case, how do you know anything about building a program?

The Rams are down, it's been a tough couple years.

By the way, you may want to have someone proof read your posts.
Ramcat77 Wrote:You are awfully critical about what Raceland fans have to say about Fairview and our opinions on the right and wrong way to build a program. I'm not a coach anymore, coached a little after high school, got tired of dealing with teenagers and moved on. However, I have played my fair share of football and I know that there is a right way to build a program and a wrong way. I may be wrong, but I would guess that you played some football in your day, and now you are just an ordinary fan and if that is the case, how do you know anything about building a program?

The Rams are down, it's been a tough couple years.

By the way, you may want to have someone proof read your posts.

RAceland has great program and I think fairview has one now
Russellpride, you need to show a little humility. I know you are a humble person and don't like to take credit for being such a charismatic recruiter, but you have to realize that Fairview has achieved true greatness now and is going to be a dynasty in the state for years to come along with St. X, Trinity, and Highlands. I think us four should have a class all by ourselves.

By looking at all the regional and state banners that Fairview has, it shows truly how great of a program they are.
WideRight05 Wrote:Russellpride, you need to show a little humility. I know you are a humble person and don't like to take credit for being such a charismatic recruiter, but you have to realize that Fairview has achieved true greatness now and is going to be a dynasty in the state for years to come along with St. X, Trinity, and Highlands. I think us four should have a class all by ourselves.

By looking at all the regional and state banners that Fairview has, it shows truly how great of a program they are.

Same could be said for tons of programs, doesn't mean they aren't successful. Go do something else besides downgrade fairview and other programs. Almost Christmas time Scrooge
russellpride Wrote:Same could be said for tons of programs, doesn't mean they aren't successful. Go do something else besides downgrade fairview and other programs. Almost Christmas time Scrooge
In the same sense that getting to second base with a girl is defined "successful".

Couldn't help it. WR05 is corrupting me.
Say what you guys want everyone entitled to opinion just having a thread about fairview means they are doing things well and people are noticing them.
Heard this morning that there might be a possible coaching change in the works near soggy bottom? Maybe a Father/Son package deal. Any truth to this rumor?
Where is soggy bottom?
Bears Boy Wrote:Where is soggy bottom?

Raceland people know where Soggy bottom is at. I have been wondering why the Head Coach at Raceland would be trying to run out of town the best Footbal Coach Raceland has had in Vanderhoof. Heard BC was looking at him. Good luck to Vanderhoof he is a class act! Wish we had him in the Wood!
Clint Westwood Wrote:Raceland people know where Soggy bottom is at. I have been wondering why the Head Coach at Raceland would be trying to run out of town the best Footbal Coach Raceland has had in Vanderhoof. Heard BC was looking at him. Good luck to Vanderhoof he is a class act! Wish we had him in the Wood!

I don't know the whole story, but I don't think anybody ran Vanderhoof out of town, I think his leaving was on his own terms, based on a number of things, mostly family time. I say this because he is still employed at Raceland as a teacher and baseball coach. I believe East Carter approached him about taking over their program recently and he turned them down.Randy is by far the most successful coach in Raceland's history. The best? Not sure about that, he's probably neck and neck with Bill Tom and definitely leaps and bounds above what we currently have. I was very critical of some of the things he had done in the past, but I would love to see him come back. There was a rumor that he had been approached by Russell as well, don't know how true that is, I honestly don't think he will coach again, but if he does I think he would only want to go back to Raceland or possibly take the job at Ashland or Russell, just my opinion.