Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vacation 2006
Where will everyone be going on vacation in 2006? What are some of the things you hope to do? What do you want to try that you never have on this vacation?

I will be going to Palm Desert CA in June and Ft. Lauderdale FL in July.
I hope to do a hot air balloon ride on the first trip. That will be new for me. I also hope to eat some rattle snake out West if i can find it. I have done that once. I hope to eat some more alligator in Florida. I hope to get a lot of rest also on both trips. Don't get a lot of that now!

:golf: :beerwez:
I've not decided yet. Prefer coastal areas any suggestions.
Old School Wrote:I've not decided yet. Prefer coastal areas any suggestions.

I love Southern Florida! Palm Beach or Ft. Lauderdale. You can get in the water up to your neck and still see your feet.

:Hole:
I don't think I'm going on a summer vacation but I am going to Boston over my spring break for the Women's Final Four so I think that'll be fun...
I am going to Gulf Shores/Mobile (combination track meet/vacation) at the beginning of April.

Then Charleston, SC at the end of June.
Going to hawaii in august..
I might go to Nashville next month. In April we're going to Indiana to watch our horses race... then this summer I think we're going to Charleston, SC and I'm sure we'll go more places
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I might go to Nashville next month. In April we're going to Indiana to watch our horses race... then this summer I think we're going to Charleston, SC and I'm sure we'll go more places

rich girl lol

i am going to florida on spring break an the only new thing i want to try is breaking ALL of my old drinking records lol :beerwez:
Tomorrow we're going to Gatlinburg... even though I don't really want to that much
Just somewhere to chill, lay back and forget about what I left behind me.
I wish we didn't put sooo much pressure on vacations......I usually come back more exhausted than when we left.....too much to see and do....The most restfull vacations that I have ever had have been in my camper at Jenny Wiley State Resort Park....but with that being said the family loves the beach and I am sure we will be going there again this summer..
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Going to hawaii in august..

Have you been before or is this your first time?

:beerwez:
I wouldn't mind going to Hawaii--I was born there. But my "fear" of flying stops me short of anywhere that a car will take me. Maybe someday.
The beach, Tennessee, and just some other cool places around the state like Cumberland Falls and the Breaks Interstate Park to just have a nice picnic and enjoy the surrounding views.
Going to Pigeon Forge in April ro Rod Run and either Aruba or Puerto Vallarta for my honeymoon in June
I went to Virginia Beach on my last trip it was really nice. I've been to Nags Head NC, Fort Lauderdale, and the Gulf Coast of Florida.

So far I would say Virginia Beach has the best beach. All though our trip to the Gulf Coast was just after a Tropical Storm and the beaches were a little trashy. I haven't been to Nags Head in about 10 years.

Has any one been to Nags Head, or Kitty Hawk area in the last 3 or 4 years. I've been told that it has really grown.
I'm also going to New York this summer also.. I forgot about that lol
wow..15th..you travel alot...can you take us with you? lol....

We are most likely going somewhere on QQ's spring break in March. We don't know where yet. We thought about Myrtle Beach or Gatlinburg but it may be too cold for our boys and we dont know if our 19 month old could handle a drive any longer to get to somewhere warmer and we are absolutely not flying...

We may try to go somewhere again in May or August.
what's wrong with flying
I'll be headed to Ft. Walton Beach, Florida in late May and the Outer Banks of North Carolina in late July.

Depending entirely on my ACT score, there may also be a trip to California in the works.
Pisces Iscariot Wrote:I'll be headed to Ft. Walton Beach, Florida in late May and the Outer Banks of North Carolina in late July.

Depending entirely on my ACT score, there may also be a trip to California in the works.

What part of California?
BelfryJustice Wrote:What part of California?

I was thinking the Palm Springs area, as I really want to visit the Joshua Tree National Park.
Going to Vegas in May! Canada and Myrtle Beach in July! Yayyy! No school this summer.
[quote author=Cali link=topic=19960.msg204139#msg204139 date=1141538703]
Going to Vegas in May! Canada and Myrtle Beach in July! Yayyy! No school this summer.
[/quote]

hahah you'll love vegas.. it's a lot of fun..

After my trip to hawaii in august, i'll be goin to cancun again in dec.
Hopefully Jamacia or somewhere else in the Caribbean. Ive been to Cancun and the Bahamas so im kinda spoiled on vacation anywhere else. Something new is my boyfriends going with me so it should be better now that i have someone to go with me. I seriously doubt Jamacia though since my sisters getting married. It will more than likely be Myrtle Beach again but hey im not complaining! :thumpsup:
[quote author=gobles_girl40 link=topic=19960.msg206643#msg206643 date=1141870328]
Hopefully Jamacia or somewhere else in the Caribbean. Ive been to Cancun and the Bahamas so im kinda spoiled on vacation anywhere else. Something new is my boyfriends going with me so it should be better now that i have someone to go with me. I seriously doubt Jamacia though since my sisters getting married. It will more than likely be Myrtle Beach again but hey im not complaining! :thumpsup:
[/quote]

I went to Cancun in 2000 and I loved it.  They do everything for you.  Plus the melon juice was great.
Destin, Florida.
[quote author=blackcat link=topic=19960.msg206704#msg206704 date=1141871794]
Destin, Florida.
[/quote]

that's a really pretty place
i will probably be goin to gatlinburg sometime during the summer!!
[quote author=crazytaxidriver link=topic=19960.msg206735#msg206735 date=1141872526]
[quote author=blackcat link=topic=19960.msg206704#msg206704 date=1141871794]
Destin, Florida.
[/quote]

that's a really pretty place
[/quote]

The water and sand are beautiful.  There isn't a lot to do down there right now, but it is growing pretty quick.