Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Wildcats
80.00%
Tar Heels
20.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(5) North Carolina @ (1) Kentucky 12/3
Tar Heels invade Rupp for this classic Non-Conference showdown. Both teams are coming off mid-week wins. This should be a grear one. I will take Kentucky 82-76.
Kentucky basketballll

UK 77
UNC 72
Idk? I'm almost afraid to predict this game! It's all up to Teague and Marshall. Whoever has the best game there team will win
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
I still pin the hopes on the success of keeping Davis on the court. He is a game changer defensively and and could prevent NC from getting easy baskets. If he gets in foul trouble or is ineffective, then the Cats could lose this game at home.

To me, the Cats length will be too much on the perimeter. I saw in the other threads where there are those who believe the Cats have "committed" to D, but it's been the Cats perimeter D that has failed them over the past few years. Their ability to defend the three has been non-existent for three years. If UNC finds a way to get open looks, we could see the Cats attempt a zone.

In transition, there is not another team that I have seen as good as the Cats. If UNC cannot slow the Cats on the run, then I see the Cats going on a few runs that will put the game out of hand.
[quote=Stardust]I still pin the hopes on the success of keeping Davis on the court. He is a game changer defensively and and could prevent NC from getting easy baskets. If he gets in foul trouble or is ineffective, then the Cats could lose this game at home.

To me, the Cats length will be too much on the perimeter. I saw in the other threads where there are those who believe the Cats have "committed" to D, but it's been the Cats perimeter D that has failed them over the past few years. Their ability to defend the three has been non-existent for three years. If UNC finds a way to get open looks, we could see the Cats attempt a zone.

Looks like you're getting the last couple of years confused
with the Tubby years. The last two teams were pretty good
at defending the three. I'm sure you'll rush to point to
the WVA game as evidence on your side, but that was much
more of an anamoly of a team being extraordinarily hot
rather than failing to defend it. Last year's team with Liggins
made it possible to check Sullinger because they CUT OFF
his supporting cast from three. All in all, Cal's teams
have been good at perimeter D, partly because their interior
shot blocking prowess has allowed them to get out on the three.
This year's team has had a few moments of losing track of
men and giving up a few. But I don't foresee that beig much
of a problem going forward.

And just a last little note, going to a zone is NOT an
effective way to stop hot perimeter shooting. It's
an invitation for MORE of it. Lastly , how the heck did you
get to be a moderator here?
DSRfan Wrote:[quote=Stardust]I still pin the hopes on the success of keeping Davis on the court. He is a game changer defensively and and could prevent NC from getting easy baskets. If he gets in foul trouble or is ineffective, then the Cats could lose this game at home.

Looks like you're getting the last couple of years confused
with the Tubby years. The last two teams were pretty good
at defending the three. I'm sure you'll rush to point to
the WVA game as evidence on your side, but that was much
more of an anamoly of a team being extraordinarily hot
rather than failing to defend it. Last year's team with Liggins
made it possible to check Sullinger because they CUT OFF
his supporting cast from three. All in all, Cal's teams
have been good at perimeter D, partly because their interior
shot blocking prowess has allowed them to get out on the three.
This year's team has had a few moments of losing track of
men and giving up a few. But I don't foresee that beig much
of a problem going forward.

And just a last little note, going to a zone is NOT an
effective way to stop hot perimeter shooting. It's
an invitation for MORE of it. Lastly , how the heck did you
get to be a moderator here?

You gotta put in your time...
post regularly...
and play by the rules.

That's about all there is to it lol

But as for the zone comment...
can't argue with you there.
you can always reverse the ball until you find a soft spot in a zone.

Cal would benefit by throwing it in every once in a while though...
but with the athletes on the team I would probably go man exclusively and if i ran a zone it would be a matchup zone.
Tar Heels:Sad04:
^I think your a duke fan.
I honestly don't know who will win, but I do know that I HATE Zeller. Go Cats!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:^I think your a duke fan.

Not at all, just a reasonable UK fan. I def. want to win the game but I just don't see it happening.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I honestly don't know who will win, but I do know that I HATE Zeller. Go Cats!
I hate em all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
We are out played at two positions, at PG, which is a key position, and with Barnes. I do believe we will control the paint, I do believe we will have a better shooting performance. For us to win two things will need to happen, Teague has to play the game of his life and Miller has to stay on the court. It will go down to the wire, I am praying more then predicting that Jones and Davis make up for what Teague does to hurt, and UK wins.

UK-75
UNC-72
I'm not sold on UK going 40 - 0, I certainly want to be proven wrong on that! But I don't think the team that beats UK this year would be UNC.

UK - 81
UNC - 71
Kentucky has been pretty good at perimeter defense for the last two years...that's where all our steals come from. The 09-10 team was the best perimeter defensive team in the country with John Wall.

By the way, Dusty is the best Moderator on this site. You'd be better off asking me that question, lol.
Near perfect 3-point shooting, the 1-3-1 and terrible free-throwing shooting by Cal's teams are the only things that have been able to beat John Cal's teams over the recent years. With UNC's long-range shooter out, 3 shooting wont beat them. UNC never plays the 1-3-1, so that wont beat them. UK has not been great from the charity stripe this season but have some very good free-throw shooters on the team (Miller and Lamb are potential 85-90% shooters), so I do not think that will beat them.

UK WON THIS GAME LAST YEAR in the tourney and lost the game at UNC. However the loss in Chapel Hill was the game that UK had 4 players foul out and Harrellson was still growing. UK lost Harrellson and Knight, but gained Davis, Teague, MK-G and Wiltjer. I think UK is certainly the more talented team and will get the better of the Heels.

UK 71
UNC 65
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm taking my Cats but by 3 points. These game relies on the match-up between Marshall and Teague. I like my boy Teague!!

Go Cats!!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Alright Ive came up with my score prediction for this one. Im still afraid to say but this is it.
UK-73
UNC-70

If teague plays half way decent the cats win. Its all up to the PG's in this one I think. Also the game is at rupp, its hard to go against the cats @home. However this very well could be the end to this homestreak but I hope it waits to the 31st Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
We only have 12 hours until game time!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!
UNC is the hardest game we have in the regular season.
If we do get by UNC, then theres no reason we shouldnt win the rest of the regular season games. Im not saying we will, because every team has a night when they dont play like they should.
However, I honestly believe this game wont be close. I think UK or UNC one will win b 10+. I just hope its UK.

UK 79
UNC 67
Oh, BTW, ill be there :biggrin:
Mid court, lower level.
I only had to sell my home to go but im goin.
So you liveD in a multi million dollar house? Haha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
UNC by a dozen
theVILLE Wrote:So you liveD in a multi million dollar house? Haha

lol, close.

Nah, my boss is taking me lol.
Weve been to quite a few games together and have known each other for years.
Are wives grew up together as well so it helps me out. Not to mention, hes the rich one getting them lol. Hes got season tickets and dont miss a game lol.
I dont care how it happens but at the final buzzer as long as the cats are the victors I will be happy. Alot of good basketball to be played in this game gentlemen.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol, close.

Nah, my boss is taking me lol.
Weve been to quite a few games together and have known each other for years.
Are wives grew up together as well so it helps me out. Not to mention, hes the rich one getting them lol. Hes got season tickets and dont miss a game lol.

Haha I was gonna say you were sucking up to your boss. But if sounds like a good situation to be in haha... Should be a fun and entertaining game to be at! I used to get season tickets from tub y every year as never missed a game. Like the 98-01 seasons. My uncle lives right beside him and he gave him tickets every year. Then I became a Louisville fan web pitino came back
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
I hate to say it but I think Carolina wins this game. UK is great on defense but the really struggle in a set offense. Experience puts the Heels over the top in this one.
theVILLE Wrote:Haha I was gonna say you were sucking up to your boss. But if sounds like a good situation to be in haha... Should be a fun and entertaining game to be at! I used to get season tickets from tub y every year as never missed a game. Like the 98-01 seasons. My uncle lives right beside him and he gave him tickets every year. Then I became a Louisville fan web pitino came back

Sorry to hear that :biggrin:

But yea, he lucked up and got the head man job over me, however, im under him and second in command....i just got to figure out a way to get him to move to canada and ill be in that spot.

All joking aside, it was mine to turn down, but its a headache and im not greedy and am comfortably happy which is much more than i can say about the rest of the nation with the times were having now, im just blessed im in a position where i can feed my future all american linebackers who are currently 5 and 7 lol.
^^
Enjoy that game Gut; I can't imagine the atmosphere!!

I think Davis and Miller are the keys in this game. If they can stay out of foul trouble, and perform then the Cats will bring home the V. But I think it will be a nail biter.

UK 76
UNC 70
Going with the Cats. Rupp will be rockin' today.
FBALL Wrote:I hate to say it but I think Carolina wins this game. UK is great on defense but the really struggle in a set offense. Experience puts the Heels over the top in this one.

I wouldn't expect much set offense in the game. More likely up and down....run and gun. If UK is on it won't be that close of a game.....if they're not, then it will be close.