Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Paintsville be consistant enough to win the regional tourney?
Any predictions on how far the tigers wil go?Confusedhh:
2nd round of region
Should go to state.:champ:

Best talent + great fan support + BMR = region title!

I know we all say it is up for grabs, eight teams could win it, but I just feel that they are a couple of notches above the rest of the region.

But that is why they play the games, instead of just handing them the trophy.
Confusedhithappe
Well I look at this way, look how they played last year before tourney time rolled around, look at how they played against the eventual region champion Shelby Valley who would have beat them 20+ earlier in the year. When these boys want to play, they can, they showed that last Friday against JC when they absolutely embarassed them on their home floor. They will be on top of their game when the tourney starts, I hope anyways. If they are on top of their game they will win every game by at least 10+, they are that athletic and talented. You will see alot more consistantcy come district tournament and it will continue in the region. That's just my opinion, I know some will disagree but when it comes down to win or go home and get ready for next season, everyone will be ready to play, I just think anyone has the talent all around to beat Paintsville if they are on top of their game.
Well I look at this way, look how they played last year before tourney time rolled around, look at how they played against the eventual region champion Shelby Valley who would have beat them 20+ earlier in the year. When these boys want to play, they can, they showed that last Friday against JC when they absolutely embarassed them on their home floor. They will be on top of their game when the tourney starts, I hope anyways. If they are on top of their game they will win every game by at least 10+, they are that athletic and talented. You will see alot more consistantcy come district tournament and it will continue in the region. That's just my opinion, I know some will disagree but when it comes down to win or go home and get ready for next season, everyone will be ready to play, I just don't think anyone has the talent all around to beat Paintsville if they are on top of their game.
they can, but i just dont think they will.
"corndog23" Wrote:they can, but i just dont think they will.

They CAN but will they?...No. They have shown lapses this year but so has everyone else this year. I look for an experienced team with SENIOR leadership like Johnosn Central or PCC or Belfry to go to state this year
"Big_Ben#7" Wrote:They CAN but will they?...No. They have shown lapses this year but so has everyone else this year. I look for an experienced team with SENIOR leadership like Johnosn Central or PCC or Belfry to go to state this year
Ditto!
I like PCC or Belfry, but not JC they have been very unpredictable all season like Paintsville.
"Big_Ben#7" Wrote:They CAN but will they?...No. They have shown lapses this year but so has everyone else this year. I look for an experienced team with SENIOR leadership like Johnosn Central or PCC or Belfry to go to state this year

What about Prestonsburg? They start 5 seniors. I think that's some pretty good senior leadership.
"Big_Ben#7" Wrote:I look for an experienced team with SENIOR leadership like Johnosn Central

How many Seniors does JC have other than Rice and Sean Music?
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:How many Seniors does JC have other than Rice and Sean Music?
Tyler Whitaker!!! Might be the most underated pointman in the region!!!
I agree with ACE..2nd round
Well....I have thought about it, and If, Paintsville makes it to the Regional, they might get a chance to get revenge on a couple of teams that they lost too this year. Then Again, they might get a Blackcat team thinking the same!! Personally, I think if they make it to the finals, they will win it!!! Better knock them out early IMO!
The Finals :Second:
Paintsville has the talent to win it. They are showing more signs of coming around. Maybe they can start peaking. If they do, they'll win it.
If they keep playing like they have been I believe that no one will be able to stop them!
It's like throwing a dart at a board, but I think there are 7 teams that have a legit shot at winning the region. Belfry, PCC, Paintsville, JC, Prestonsburg, SF & SV. This isn't in any particular order and no slight to other teams. No other schools have shown the consistency during the season or against regional competition to merit great enthusiasm. This region could be a dark horse year for the 15th.
There are several teams with a shot at the region, but they have to get out of their districts first, and not all district have three teams...........
"Youngerthandirt" Wrote:There are several teams with a shot at the region, but they have to get out of their districts first, and not all district have three teams...........

AMEN! Brotha! Not one of those teams have got out of their district yet. We shouldn't be asking who will win the Region, when pretty much every District is up for grabs. Once they get there, then we will make our guesses! Good Luck next week in District Tigers!
1st Round state, I think they play Region 7. Eastern, Male, J-Town. Some serious powerhouse teams from the 7th. But like we've seen all year, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!!
They can but they do not show any Senior leadership !!! But when they are hitting the three's and the mid-range shots they can goto State But like I said they have no Senior leadership !
Paintsville is right now playing there best ball of the season and there team chemistry is great right now. They are really playing as a team and not focusing on individual efforts and BMR has got them on the right track. There offense is by far one of the best in the Region and there D has been excellent and the only thing they need improvement on is going to the boards, but they dont have alot of size but they play very physical and earn the rebounds and earn the points and turnovers. Good Luck to BMR and Paintsville they should make it very far in the 15th this year.
"blackcat_student" Wrote:They can but they do not show any Senior leadership !!! But when they are hitting the three's and the mid-range shots they can goto State But like I said they have no Senior leadership !

They have managed to win 18 games without it though, and have beaten several teams that have "Senior Leadership"... so it doesn't really matter... if they play as a team they will be hard to beat...
Johnson Central has no chance, they've fallen victim to being horribly overrated.
State