Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conner coach should be fired for not going for two!!
Conner scores a TD to go up 29-24 with nine minutes left. Coach goes for the PAT to make it 30-24. They go on to lose 31-30. What a dumb dumb mistake. I understand why he went for 1 on the 2 prior TD's because of the score at the time. However, the last time is inexcusable.
Are you kidding me. You have to decide whether to allow Anderson to score and win the game or make them kick an extra point. He made a decision. Defense didn't come thru. Fans are so fickle.
Here's what Trosper was probably thinking. If Conner goes for the xp and makes it, Anderson County needs a TD to tie. If they go for 2 and don't get it, Anderson needs a TD to win. If they go for 2 and get it, Anderson needs a TD and xp to tie. He felt safer with the xp.

Personally, I wouldve gone for 2 and trust my defense to keep them out of the endzone if we didn't get it. But i understand why Trosper went for 1.
TheLegends64 Wrote:Are you kidding me. You have to decide whether to allow Anderson to score and win the game or make them kick an extra point. He made a decision. Defense didn't come thru. Fans are so fickle.

He still had to rely on the defense regardless. What difference did that extra pt make? It was a useless decision and IMO shows a guy who can't think or make split second decisions under pressure.
This is ridiculous. No Coach should be fired for not going for a 2 PT Conversion. The only way a Coach should get fired is if, he's been there several years and has gotten no where or if there's something going on behind the scene involving a young girl or god for bid but molestation
I won't lie, I thought the 2 was the best thing to do. BUT, I certainly don't think Trosper should be fired for it
In the pros where the kicker is 99.9% accurate on XPs, maybe. In HS, kicking the XP is by NO means a sure thing.
lol...fans are ridiculous.
Coaches always lose in the fan's eyes.
Stardust Wrote:I won't lie, I thought the 2 was the best thing to do. BUT, I certainly don't think Trosper should be fired for it

I'm being dramatic, but he's paid to think in that situation. Come on Trosper. It cost your team.
If he didn't make the 2pt conversion, they would be up 6. The other team scores and gets the xpa. Guess what? You still lose
think you forgot the 1st sentence in the thread
Should have went for two.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You have to think ahead. There is no difference in making the xtra pt and missing the 2 pt conversion. You have to go for 2. Could have came into play for Holy Cross, they went for 2 and made it. NCC later tied the game, HC ended up winning but if they would have missed tye FG it was OT. I dont say fire a coach for that but maybe that makes Koz coach of the year.
you gotta go to two!!!! But don't hang the man for it. They should be proud for the season they have had.
Well not sure of the circumstances, but proud of the boys at AC on the comeback.

Let me throw this out... GC @ Bourbon overtime tie game GC needs PAT field goal for
game. They line-up in that Muddle-Huddle and hike the ball attempting 2 and stopped.
Everybody went beserk. Fortunately for GC, the Ref had not blown the whistle to start
the play and called it back. They lined up and kicked the field goal. The player had
misread the call from the sideline.

Point is,,, Coaches are not perfect, they make mistakes, too. But in most, if not all,
cases the will stand behind their players and absorb the humiliation and criticism for
a players actions as their own.