Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iowa State 37 Oklahoma State 31
Final.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Damn, what a game!!!!! I live for these type endings.
^Was a great game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LSU - Bama rematch! It's meant!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:LSU - Bama rematch! It's meant!
How bout Georgia beats LSU in SEC championship and BCS puts alabama and Georgia in national championship?
wow ,now tomorrow,Baylor beats the Sooners..
Man, what a tough day to be a Cowboy. Sad
TheRealVille Wrote:How bout Georgia beats LSU in SEC championship and BCS puts alabama and Georgia in national championship?

wont happen,a 2loss team in the title game, though it happened when LSU did it couple yrs back..
cuppett777 Wrote:wont happen,a 2loss team in the title game, though it happened when LSU did it couple yrs back..
But......
Oregon would get in before Georgia.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If we have a LSU-Bama National Championship, I will stop watching college football.

This was a hell of a game...really enjoyed it. Really wish OK St would've got the win though.
vundy33 Wrote:If we have a LSU-Bama National Championship, I will stop watching college football.

This was a hell of a game...really enjoyed it. Really wish OK St would've got the win though.

Why?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
This was the first unranked team to beat a 1 or 2 team since 2007. I feel sorry for Okie State. West Virginia was the last 2 team to lose to an unranked team. I am still sick over that loss to Pitt.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Why?

Because, two SEC West teams in the National Championship is wrong, in my opinion. The game has been played, it was one of the most boring things I've ever watched, and it just shouldn't happen. Just exposes what's wrong with the BCS even more.
BAMA-LSU REMATCH!!!!!!!!

There falling like fly's.
The only team who has any shot at going over Bama would be Oklahoma and thats only if they beat OK State and jump bama after winning in the Big 12 championship.
However, for people like Vundy who said they would hate the LSU/Bama rematch, who deserves to be there over them?
The only other undefeated team is Houston. You know they suck.
Oregon also lost to LSU. Stanford lost last week. Ok State just lost. Boise Lost (Big LOL) And Oklahoma wont beat OK State.
So whos the next team in line you ask? ARKANSAS LOL.

Everybody just needs to face it....They just need to hand the national championship trophy out at the end of the SEC championship game. It already happens anyway, just a month late....
I'm not saying they wouldn't deserve it, but it's just stupid. The damn game has been played already. And don't give me that "the only team that can beat so and so" crap...anyone can beat anyone...you put Kentucky in the National Champ and they'll win it sometime.

I just really, really, really don't want to watch the same two teams play again and it be so boring.

Oregon, Stanford, Ok St., Oklahoma are all NC material. Your logic for Oklahoma not deserving a NC shot is "And Oklahoma wont beat OK State."...yeah, ok, lol. We shall see.

I absolutely hate Oklahoma, but I'd much rather see them in the NC over two teams from the same conference who have already played.
vundy33 Wrote:I'm not saying they wouldn't deserve it, but it's just stupid. The damn game has been played already. And don't give me that "the only team that can beat so and so" crap...anyone can beat anyone...you put Kentucky in the National Champ and they'll win it sometime.

I just really, really, really don't want to watch the same two teams play again and it be so boring.

Oregon, Stanford, Ok St., Oklahoma are all NC material. Your logic for Oklahoma not deserving a NC shot is "And Oklahoma wont beat OK State."...yeah, ok, lol. We shall see.

I absolutely hate Oklahoma, but I'd much rather see them in the NC over two teams from the same conference who have already played.

I understand what your saying.
However, if the BCS is going to go by what it is set up to do and what it has always done then Alabama would be the team most deserving to go.
If Alabama was in the pac 10 and lost to LSU in the first game of the year than would that be alright?

As for who is NC material, every team in the country is before week 1, but if you LOSE then going by the BCS standard, you should drop. Its not the SEC's fault that there that much better than the rest of the country.
And i dont see where i was wrong by saying what i said.
Houston-the NC would ba blow out if they went.
Oregon-Got beat by the same team Bama did and got beat A LOT worse.
OK State- Late season loss. The "death penalty" for any team vying for a title game.
Boise-Who cares. Should have never been mentioned to begin with.
OK-Should go if they win out.
After all these teams, Arkansas is there then Clemson. we both know NO teams after that deserve to go.
So in your opinion who should go if Oklahoma gets beat, WHO SHOULD GO OVER BAMA?
LSU and Oregon win out they will be in the BCS Title game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
^
If that happens ill quit watching college football.
So is it alright for that rematch to happen instead of LSU/Bama?

The best game in the country would be that rematch hands down.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
If that happens ill quit watching college football.
So is it alright for that rematch to happen instead of LSU/Bama?

The best game in the country would be that rematch hands down.
Why wouldn't it happen? Oregon is fourth in the standings. They will more than likely win out. LSU should too. OSU is going to fall because of their loss. Oklahoma won't overtake Oregon because if they beat OSU now it won't be that great a win because of OSU's loss to Iowa State. Oregon has one loss, to LSU no less. Bama only has one loss as well, and it is to LSU also, but Bama wont even get to play for the SEC crown. They won't even win their division of the SEC. Oregon should get the nod over Bama because of this. It is only right.

However if Bama does get to play LSU again for the title then it may be a blessing in disguise. Those in charge may see what a sham the BCS is and finally put in a damn playoff system.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

Like both teams,so the only reason I like this is it messes with the BCS thing.
LSU and Alabama are two best teams in the nation hands down... Let them play again...

LSU and Alabama was the beat football game I've seen in along time...
Why should Oregon jump Alabama? Their championship game is set up to be against a 5-5 UCLA team. That would actually hurt their SOS. Why does an extra win over a team that is NOT EVEN BOWL ELIGIBLE trump Alabama? I don't get it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There is no way in H### a team that does not win their league championship should ever play in the title game.

LSU and Alabama game was a sleeper (I did not watch)just using the terms a few football fans I spoke to that watch this one.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:There is no way in H### a team that does not win their league championship should ever play in the title game.

LSU and Alabama game was a sleeper (I did not watch)just using the terms a few football fans I spoke to that watch this one.
Not just their conference but their division of their conference. That is why Bama should not play for it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Amun-Ra Wrote:Why wouldn't it happen? Oregon is fourth in the standings. They will more than likely win out. LSU should too. OSU is going to fall because of their loss. Oklahoma won't overtake Oregon because if they beat OSU now it won't be that great a win because of OSU's loss to Iowa State. Oregon has one loss, to LSU no less. Bama only has one loss as well, and it is to LSU also, but Bama wont even get to play for the SEC crown. They won't even win their division of the SEC. Oregon should get the nod over Bama because of this. It is only right.

However if Bama does get to play LSU again for the title then it may be a blessing in disguise. Those in charge may see what a sham the BCS is and finally put in a damn playoff system.

ITS ABOUT THE BEST TWO TEAMS THOUGH.
How hard is that to understand. Its why the BCS in place and its what its suppose to do. Oregon sucks. If Bama was in the Pac 10 or any other conference for that matter, it would have been them two playing.

There is absoloutly no reason why someone should say Oregon deserves to be there when Bama dont. Bama is ranked ahead, and should be at the end of the season to.

Heres a great question....

What if Oregon, Oklahoma, and Stanford all lose another game.
Woud you agree then that Bama should play for it or keep the argument that there should be no rematch and we should let crappy Boise in or something?
I'm with Vundy on this. Where we don't have a playoff system, the regular season becomes the playoffs. Bama had their chance, the kicker blew it, and they shouldn't get another. Oregon shouldn't either. It's a mess. I know Oklahoma couldn't play with LSU.
I'll say this though, if we do see another Bama/LSU game, Bama won't miss that many field goals again...and will probably get revenge with the W.
Until playoffs are brought in, the best two teams will prolly never play each other, however, if we had a play off you'd see a rematch of Bama/LSU anyways lol, so those who dont want it right now would get it anyways.

And just to be clear, i dont want a rematch either, and definitely dont want a rematch of LSU/Oregon. However, there is no other team in the country besides Bama that can play with them.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Until playoffs are brought in, the best two teams will prolly never play each other, however, if we had a play off you'd see a rematch of Bama/LSU anyways lol, so those who dont want it right now would get it anyways.

And just to be clear, i dont want a rematch either, and definitely dont want a rematch of LSU/Oregon. However, there is no other team in the country besides Bama that can play with them.

Now if they played as the result of a playoff, I wouldn't mind it at all. Just really not feeling a team in the NC that didn't even play in their conference championship, and two from the same division in the same conference.