Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones, Poole involved in accident that leads to team curfew
Coach John Calipari said he will impose a curfew on the University of Kentucky men's basketball team even though no team rules were broken when two players were involved in a car accident early Friday.

"Because of the actions of a select few, this team has showed me an inability to make proper judgment and decisions that they’ve been given the freedom to make," Calipari said on his Web site. "Therefore, going forward, this team will now have a curfew for the rest of the season."

According to police and Calipari, Kentucky guard Stacey Poole and forward Terrence Jones were involved in a car accident at the corner of Euclid Avenue and High Street. Both received minor injuries. The driver of the other vehicle, Scott M. Roseberry, 22, was charged with DUI and insurance violations.

Roseberry was driving a car when he swerved into the lane of a sport-utility vehicle carrying Jones and Poole about 2:30 a.m., according to the Associated Press. The car struck the SUV's passenger side door and pushed it into a parked Camry.

Poole was treated at the hospital and released.

Calipari said on his Web site that the vehicle carrying Poole and Jones was struck by a vehicle driving on the wrong side of the road, and the driver of the "oncoming vehicle" was charged.

Lexington police spokeswoman Sherelle Roberts could not confirm late Friday morning whether Roseberry's vehicle was "oncoming" as described in Calipari's message.

She said Jones and Poole were passengers in a vehicle driven by a third person whose name Roberts could not immediately provide. She said she was sure the name was in a collision report that also was not immediately available Friday morning.

Jones, Calipari said, left the scene of the accident out of fear of an altercation with the driver of the other vehicle. Jones was later questioned by police and treated at a hospital for minor injuries. No one in their vehicle was charged with any wrongdoing, Calipari said. No evidence of drugs or alcohol was found.

Calipari said his first concern was for the safety of Poole and Jones.
Nevertheless, the incident led to a curfew, Calipari explained.

"We hold our players to a higher standard at Kentucky," Calipari said on his Web site. "They must learn that they’ve been placed in a leadership role and that every action defines this team, this state and its fans. As always, any additional punishment will be handled within the team."

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/11/11/19554...z1dQEovAu3
The only altercation TJ was trying to prevent was the one he would have with the cops after they asked him if he smoked a dooby.

I have no proof of that.

But that is what most people assume if someone flees the scene of an accident before cops show up lol
Aslan Wrote:TJ didn't start tonight. Got a sleeve over his arm. Does he always wear one? He looks like he's laboring an injury.

I'd say it's because of this...

As always, any additional punishment will be handled within the team
That goodness their all right!
http://www.lex18.com/news/questions-rema...k-players/
According to this JOnes left the scene because he was under the influence and was afraid Coach Cal would find out
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
I'm more inclined to believe the cops and our coach...the police can't, and don't go through the process, to really hide anything. Cal doesn't put up with that stuff. Really glad they weren't hurt. Also, I really, really, really hate drunk drivers. Damn.
So im a little confused? THis is jones vehicle, right? Its 230 in the morning so you let one of your friends drive you around in your vehicle. I know what that means for a college student! Doesnt take a Rocket scientist to figure that out. Also fleeing the scene? Thats a little suspicious!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
I heard he was letting his friend drive because he hurt his arm beating his gf's dad with a hair brush.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
theVILLE Wrote:So im a little confused? THis is jones vehicle, right? Its 230 in the morning so you let one of your friends drive you around in your vehicle. I know what that means for a college student! Doesnt take a Rocket scientist to figure that out. Also fleeing the scene? Thats a little suspicious!

Cal said it best in tonight postgame interview - "There is nothing good that comes out of being out after midnight".

He was pretty rough on Jones in his talk.
SD ur are right. He was upset because he knows this will be blow ou tof proportion and give us a black eye in the press.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

Amun-Ra Wrote:SD ur are right. He was upset because he knows this will be blow ou tof proportion and give us a black eye in the press.

You are dead-on. Everything at UK will get way over exaggerated because of the bulls-eye on the back. I think what Cal did by putting the curfew in was to get this team focussed on Basketball and not extra-curricular activities. He said it best tonight, "Jones went out the night before a game, that's why he did not start". He was basically saying that if we think this season requires no work, then I will force you to rethink your position. This is how a young team needs to be reeled in.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I heard he was letting his friend drive because he hurt his arm beating his gf's dad with a hair brush.

:closeenough:
better nip this stuff in the bud or there wont be a 40-0, which i doubt they do anyway,but would love to see it..
I find it funny that Cal is trying to cover all this up! Said he was drinking and he jsut left to avoid an altercation. If I left the scene what of an accdent what would happen? Also find it funny that just last week he was ready to lead this team with his maturity! Some leader there, just saying!
^Hater

We all knew why he fled the scene....
However, if he wasn't driving the only thing he was trying to prevent was the Cal from going off on him.
Jones is a "selfish M F er" anyway.
zaga_fan Wrote:^Hater

We all knew why he fled the scene....
However, if he wasn't driving the only thing he was trying to prevent was the Cal from going off on him.

Bet that didn't work...
Stardust Wrote:Bet that didn't work...

L o L
SPARTY Wrote:I find it funny that Cal is trying to cover all this up! Said he was drinking and he jsut left to avoid an altercation. If I left the scene what of an accdent what would happen? Also find it funny that just last week he was ready to lead this team with his maturity! Some leader there, just saying!

Like Zaga said, he wasn't the driver. Go ahead and leave the scene when you're the passenger, cop will just yell at ya.

If he was drinking, at least he was responsible enough to let his buddy drive. In my opinon, Cal would let people know if TJ was caught underage drinking, and of course, he'd handle it internally like he should.

Also, we'll make sure to avenge ole' Sparty's beatdown last night come December 03. Wink
vundy33 Wrote:Like Zaga said, he wasn't the driver. Go ahead and leave the scene when you're the passenger, cop will just yell at ya.

If he was drinking, at least he was responsible enough to let his buddy drive. In my opinon, Cal would let people know if TJ was caught underage drinking, and of course, he'd handle it internally like he should.

Also, we'll make sure to avenge ole' Sparty's beatdown last night come December 03. Wink

Like all of you said, I am a hater! I Cal and his slimbag ways! He is the biggest cheater in college sports, Its so obvious that he pays his recruits just look at jones middle man! You guys think cal hung the moon and stars and tell everything! How come cal was denying jones was drinking? WHen jones wasnt denying it? Cal is obviously trying to hide something!
vundy33 Wrote:Like Zaga said, he wasn't the driver. Go ahead and leave the scene when you're the passenger, cop will just yell at ya.

Who is to say jones was or wasnt driving? But nothing will come of this though. I witnessed one of uk 's players in a bar the other night and was Harrasing the bar tender and the cops showed up and nothing was done or. We said about that! A lot goes on that is kept quite!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Who is to say jones was or wasnt driving? But nothing will come of this though. I witnessed one of uk 's players in a bar the other night and was Harrasing the bar tender and the cops showed up and nothing was done or. We said about that! A lot goes on that is kept quite!
OMG you mean the hometown cops didn't do nothing to their hometown college basketabll star?!?!?!? Hold the fn' presses. Bet that shit doesn't go on anywhere else, but Lexington. Damn dirty bitches.

:please:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

theVILLE Wrote:Who is to say jones was or wasnt driving? But nothing will come of this though. I witnessed one of uk 's players in a bar the other night and was Harrasing the bar tender and the cops showed up and nothing was done or. We said about that! A lot goes on that is kept quite!
Link or it didn't happen
I wasnt just referring to it happening t uk! It happens everywhere! And to the above post that's what I'm saying, a lot goes on that isn't publicly known therefore u can't have a link fr everyhing
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Jones is a thug! Id bet the farm that says he was driving that car! Why else would he leave the scene? Some douchebag friend he was for poole!

Who is to say Pitino didnt rape that woman?

COme on and you know you cant get in a bar. Not one cool enough to have UK players in it anyways. You know what u seen was Pitino harassing one of the Bartenders for a Quickie.