Poll: Who takes this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
82.93%
Lawrence Co.
17.07%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry VS Lawrence Co. - Round 2
To be played at CAM Stadium
I'm sorry I don't know CAM stadium. The game would be at Belfry wouldn't it?
bulldog149 Wrote:I'm sorry I don't know CAM stadium. The game would be at Belfry wouldn't it?

CAM Stadium is Belfry. It's the new stadium at the new school sponsored by Central Appalachian Mining if I recall correctly.

Beautiful facility but a tough place to get a W.
Thanks.
Belfry by a bunch. Tune up game.
I expect LC to be more formidable than the regular season matchup...but I still think the Pirates win this one comfortably.

Belfry 40
LC 14
Sorry guys. No way belfry is losing this one.
I like a closer game than the first time around also. Belfry's players might be a little overconfident after the previous result. All that said:

Belfry 34
Lawrence Co. 7
Excellent news to hear on the radio last night that Justin Johnson and Zach Thacker were back out there for Belfry.

Hopefully both teams are healthy and can play their best ball.
Pirates roll 48-12
wish the dawgs a great game and hope everybody stays injury free.with that said belfry wins again.
Belfry=34
Lawrence=12

Go Big Red!
Belfry wins easily
Belfry big,just need to keep everyone healthy,i may be wrong in this but if Belfry wins this and Pike Central was to beat Breahitt,Belfry would be home for that as well,and if they was to win that one as well they should be home for the semis,since the number 1 seed Lewis County lost..
cuppett777 Wrote:Belfry big,just need to keep everyone healthy,i may be wrong in this but if Belfry wins this and Pike Central was to beat Breahitt,Belfry would be home for that as well,and if they was to win that one as well they should be home for the semis,since the number 1 seed Lewis County lost..
No. This year is the other side of the Semi-state is to host no regard th district seeding.
cuppett777 Wrote:Belfry big,just need to keep everyone healthy,i may be wrong in this but if Belfry wins this and Pike Central was to beat Breahitt,Belfry would be home for that as well,and if they was to win that one as well they should be home for the semis,since the number 1 seed Lewis County lost..

Wrong on the site of the semis. BTW, was Lewis County really the #1 seed and lost by 45??????
The Pond Creek Nation will Roll on !!
wooderson Wrote:Wrong on the site of the semis. BTW, was Lewis County really the #1 seed and lost by 45??????

yea they was the number one seed, and if Belfry is in the semis and they are the only number one seed then i am fairly sure they would host..
cuppett777 Wrote:yea they was the number one seed, and if Belfry is in the semis and they are the only number one seed then i am fairly sure they would host..

Seeding doesn't matter in the Semi's.... regardless of what seed advances Belfry would travel for the Semi's
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Seeding doesn't matter in the Semi's.... regardless of what seed advances Belfry would travel for the Semi's

yea i just looked it up i was wrong,here it is,For the regional championship (third round), the pairings shall be the champions of the district
as determined by the first two rounds of play.
The highest seed (finishing position in the district) shall host the regional championship game
(third round). Should teams with the same seeding meet in the third round, the team
representing the even-numbered District shall host the games in even-numbered years, while
the team representing the odd-numbered District shall host the game in odd-numbered years. If
the paired districts are both even or both odd, the highest numbered district shall host the game
in even numbered years and the lowest numbered district shall host the game in odd numbered
years.
For the semi-state round (fourth round), the champion of region 1 will play the champion of
Region 2 while the champion of Region 3 will play the champion of Region 4. The team
representing the even-numbered Region shall host the games in even-numbered years, while
the team representing the odd-numbered Region shall host the game in odd-numbered years.
Winners of the fourth round games will play for the class championships.
cuppett777 Wrote:yea they was the number one seed, and if Belfry is in the semis and they are the only number one seed then i am fairly sure they would host..
As others have pointed out, seeding doesn't determine the host for the semifinal games. The odd region hosts in odd years, even region hosts in even years.

Way too early to be talking about that, though. The game this week vs Lawrence Co is the only game on Belfry's schedule and the only one we need to worry about right now. One at a time, gentlemen.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:As others have pointed out, seeding doesn't determine the host for the semifinal games. The odd region hosts in odd years, even region hosts in even years.

Way too early to be talking about that, though. The game this week vs Lawrence Co is the only game on Belfry's schedule and the only one we need to worry about right now. One at a time, gentlemen.

yes sir ur right,but i did make my reservations in Bowling Green already Just In case,and i dont know why i was thinking that about semis,i guess i got the 3rd round and semis confused,but anyway now i know..
#3 Lawrence County 14
#1 Belfry Pirates 42
If the players and everyone come in focus Belfry rolls big.
Belfry rollls big then they come to jackson and there season ends
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I expect LC to be more formidable than the regular season matchup...but I still think the Pirates win this one comfortably.

Belfry 40
LC 14
Who knew Belfry had a passing game until Lawrence stopped their run game in the first half. If LC can put together 4 quarters like the 1st quarter of the previous game then it will be a very close game.
What game was you watching? LC didn't stop Belfry's running game at all, maybe they contained them in the first quarter but after that Belfry done whatever they wanted to do. Lawrence needs to defend the option better this game or it could be another long night.
Lc looked comfortable in the different formation vs Morgan County, the young backfield looked really good, those kids run hard and what can you say about the defense. The entire group played great, very inspired. Hayden Kiser managed a perfect game and had some big runs himself.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:What game was you watching? LC didn't stop Belfry's running game at all, maybe they contained them in the first quarter but after that Belfry done whatever they wanted to do. Lawrence needs to defend the option better this game or it could be another long night.

LC did play a very good defensive game against Belfrey and I was at the same game as you and Dawgbyte. You cant expect the same 11 players to be on the field 75% of the game and hold up. LC Offensive Coaches did a really bad job in this game.. everyone knew, all you had to was stop Jake Marcum. In the Morgan Co game it did appear the Offensive Coaching staff stepped up and tried to mix things up a bit. Everyone knows Kiser should have been passing all year long. I wish both teams luck in this game. For any game, but this one I would root for Belfrey. They are a good team and show a lot of class on the field. Go Dawgs.
true hater Wrote:Belfry rollls big then they come to jackson and there season ends

Breathitt better worry about Pike Central first, as they have played such a weak schedule they don't know what a competitive game is. And I can guarantee that if Belfry and Breathitt do meet in the regional finals, Belfry will be the best team that Breathitt has faced all year!