Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle 28 Knox Central 14
Jack Lambert Wrote:Look i'll give Knox credit they didn't quit they kept fighting,and they have a good team,but if you think they could or should have won this game it's all in your head.Boyle dominated the game.
I absolutely know we could have won this game. Boyle stayed in a double tight wishbone 90% of the night. We failed to stop a couple of inside plays that made it too easy for them to move the ball - that is it. We ran the ball with tremendous success where others have failed on this team. We made big tackles for losses on this team. We gave up no big special teams plays. We converted our extra points and gave up no big plays to their passing attack. When a team does that many things well against an opponent it deserves more respect than "this should have been a running clock". I'm sorry - that is not dominant performance by any measure.

Our season is over. Our Seniors are done. And I'm good with all that. But I will not allow anyone to characterize this game in any fashion other than what it was - a hard fought come from behind effort that fell short. Onto 2012 for a KC team that is a rising threat in this area. Long ways to go - but alot of dirt in the rear view mirror also.
season over. knox couldve shouldve wouldve won if blank, blank, and blank. someone start a new thread about how knox will dominate next year and let this one die.
toolaidback Wrote:I have a feeling that Harlan fans like him are the reason the Bell faithfull have such a hard time giving Harlan the "respect" they always complain about.
There is no question the Bell Co footbal program has a great respect for the HC program my friend!! Some of Bell's fans may speak disrespectful, but not the coaches and people in the Bell program!! As for Boyle, the word mediocre is prob not accurate, there is nothing mediocre about the Boyle program! I do believe Boyle is not what they have been in the past and I believe they will be going home a little early this year, but that doesnt take anything away from the GREAT tradition however that Boyle has built over the last decade or so and wasnt meant to.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Thats what mediocre teams do pal, make a lot of mistakes!?!? Boyle may survive another week, but then they are done!!

Your words Black Bear. "mediocre" and "survive" "then they are done !!"

Emphatically done ???

No rebel fan on here has any illusion we are not as good as the last three years. The offensive line has been a year long building process and our QB hasn't been consistent enough until recently and we are not a deep team. Just don't see why you needed to drop in this thread and slam us. No biggie, you are certainly entitled to your opinion but just don't see the motivation to do so.
I also think it's silly to imagine a running clock against Knox. I also thought they should have ran Canady much earlier. Qb didn't have a good game. That being said, I also think Knox was fortunate to not lose by 3 of 4 TD's. One last thing. If you think that inside trap was the same play every time, it wasn't. That play goes through three different holes by design and did last night. Losing your big man didn't help, but it wasn't the same play every time.
Football1 Wrote:I absolutely know we could have won this game. Boyle stayed in a double tight wishbone 90% of the night. We failed to stop a couple of inside plays that made it too easy for them to move the ball - that is it. We ran the ball with tremendous success where others have failed on this team. We made big tackles for losses on this team. We gave up no big special teams plays. We converted our extra points and gave up no big plays to their passing attack. When a team does that many things well against an opponent it deserves more respect than "this should have been a running clock". I'm sorry - that is not dominant performance by any measure.

Our season is over. Our Seniors are done. And I'm good with all that. But I will not allow anyone to characterize this game in any fashion other than what it was - a hard fought come from behind effort that fell short. Onto 2012 for a KC team that is a rising threat in this area. Long ways to go - but alot of dirt in the rear view mirror also.

I don't blame you for being upset because some of the talk does diminish what Knox Central accomplished in their final game.

However, "What do you consider a big play?" A 22 yard run for a TD by Burke? A 66 yard run that set up another TD? Is 457 rushing yards big enough? Total of 538 yds?

Knox moved the ball, no doubt. Rang up 300+ yds of offense.

But 238 yards is a big difference and "Big Play" or not, it doesn't win many, if any, games.
531 rushing and 599 total is what hey said Boyle had on the radio after the game.
Great game. Knox has a very good team. They were big and talented, and seemed pretty well-coached. But I have to agree that this should have been a blowout. Boyle fumbled 3 times inside of the KC 5. That is very rare for a disciplined team like Boyle. Not to discredit KC for forcing those fumbles, but Boyle tipically does a better job protecting the ball, so if Rock expects Boyle to turn it over 5 times next week, don't count on it. I guarantee you ball security is going to be a huge part of the practice this week, and another 5 turnover game won't happen next week. Boyle did dominate this game for the most part. KC made some plays to make it a little interesting towards the end, but the Boyle defense did not break. The score could have easily been 56-7 (taking away three fumbles inside the 5 and counting the pick six that was called back which then led to the huge fumble recovery and eventual td for KC)

What some of you all don't realize is that Boyle won this game without opening much of the play book. So even if KC had their big guy on the d-line and he was able to slow the run game down like you all say, Whittle has shown lately to be very capable of throwing it, racking up 600 yds and 6td passes in the previous three games. But he only had 9 attempts last night because they never needed to throw, racking up nearly 500 rush yards.

I'm very optimistic seeing the O-line opening up such big holes tonight. If they keep that up Boyle will be very successful the rest of this post season. I honestly think a couple of the guys who went two ways on the lines last night for the first time got a little tired, and that helped the KC run game open up. But they made stops when it counted, and that's all that matters.
The rebels showed alot by overcoming thier mistakes and still win by 14. Yes Knox also had mistakes but not 3 on the goal line. Congrats to Knox and the Canady young man for a great game and good year. To the rebels keep on rolling.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Thats what mediocre teams do pal, make a lot of mistakes!?!? Boyle may survive another week, but then they are done!!

Hmmmmm...I must be reading this wrong...you called Boyle mediocre..and saying they may survive? Who exactly are you to say such a thing? They're down a little..so what..what's HC done? They've went 10-1 against a bunch of teams that would probably struggle to win games vs. brooms and trash cans, Boyle plays stiff competition year in and year out, no matter if they are down or not. I'm sure glad one dominant season with a senior led team gives you the confidence to talk down teams like Boyle. And yea, Bell respects the HC football program after this year..but not people like you who talks craziness. I figured Boyle would win this one in a tough game..Knox is as scrappy as they come.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Hmmmmm...I must be reading this wrong...you called Boyle mediocre..and saying they may survive? Who exactly are you to say such a thing? They're down a little..so what..what's HC done? They've went 10-1 against a bunch of teams that would probably struggle to win games vs. brooms and trash cans, Boyle plays stiff competition year in and year out, no matter if they are down or not. I'm sure glad one dominant season with a senior led team gives you the confidence to talk down teams like Boyle. And yea, Bell respects the HC football program after this year..but not people like you who talks craziness. I figured Boyle would win this one in a tough game..Knox is as scrappy as they come.
Its really touching how you come to the defense of the Boyle program? Props to ya? I did retract my mediocre comment by the way and I have the utmost respect for Boyle's and Bell's program, but IMO I believe both teams will go home a little earlier than they expect, just an outsiders opinion and not a comparison to HC.. Forgive me for having an opinion??
I would like to say thanks to the Boyle fans that I interacted with. they where a class act. I IMO you all ARE THE BEST TEAM we have faced all year. Good luck the rest of the playoffs. KC Senoirs and team. They all left it on the field. Had people believing that you where going to pull the upset until the very end.
My last comments then turning my attention to Rockcastle. Great year Knox !! I watched the Knox/Rock game on ihigh again yesterday and loved the spread surprise. You have a very good head coach and will expect you guys to be even better next year. Canady is an outstanding football player and I wish him a great SR. season free of injury. Your offense was very good and I think your qb will have a good year next year. My only concern for your team would be the defensive coaching. Boyle's Offensive coordinator is very good but he didn't break much of a sweat fri. Couple of variations of a handful of plays. I think that has to get better for you guys to make it to the 3rd or 4th round of playoffs. Hit the weight room and hope to see you guys again next year.