Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slone coaching?
Landon Slone added as assistant at Paintsville? Any truth to this?
He is indeed.
Great to see for Landon! Hope that he gets a lot of experience helping out at his ole stomping grounds!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Out with old in with the new. If he can coach like he played great addition.
What happened with him coaching at Wesley?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What happened with him coaching at Wesley?

I believe he is still in college and will probably use this as experience towards one day being a HC.
Landon was a good player in High School, but just because you can play, doesn't mean you can coach.

Does the Paintsville School System EVER go outside of the alum to hire a coach? Do they have rules that only a Paintsville Graduate can coach? Sometimes change is good! IDK, maybe all schools in the Region HAS to have an alum coaching.
Cooter, relax, you sound like you was in waiting for a position before landon came in. Let him Coach if not, i am sure he is a great asset to a program up and down the region.
I understand what Cooter is saying, but I believe Paintsville has a great system. They are one of the most successful programs, not only in the region's history, but also in the state. So if they want to keep it in the family, and continue being successful, then I see no problem with it.
tebow, I don't have a cat in the fight. I asked a question or two. I don't care who coaches, its all about the kids.

I have over the years seen good help get passed by because they didn't graduate from Paintsville. Not just in this sport, but in other ones as well. Just saying.
I'm sure Landon will be the greatest coach in the history of KY just like he was the greatest bb player ever in eastern ky. You guys are simply amazing!!:Shaking:
Ike Cooter Wrote:Landon was a good player in High School, but just because you can play, doesn't mean you can coach.

Agreed, especially in basketball.

However, I think Slone will do fine. He's going to learn things like managing a game, coaching rules, season progression, and how to teach the players. But, he'll bring in new techniques he learned, provide an extra basketball mind, and help motivate the players in way older coaches can't
They say those who can't do, teach. Those who can't play, coach. Good luck Mr. Slone :Thumbs:
Congrats to Slone... I always liked him in school even though I was a little older and he was from across the creek... hope he does well... He is a good guy and will be an asset where ever he goes.