Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 97 - Transylvania 53
Final
Good to see the two East Ky boys in this game.
Aslan Wrote:What can be said other than...40-0!

Where gonna need some work if we're gonna be 40-0
^^^Duh.

We looked better than I thought we would. My God, I can't wait for the Kansas game.
Transy came out swinging. This UK team has potential to be great. While i'm not buying the 40-0 talk. But we will be great, bottom line. Davis needs to assert himself more, but he's knocking your sh#t to the third row every chance he gets. Teague is gonna be a good little PG or us. He's a true PG as well. Kidd-Gilchrist is a beat. Jones is a beast. Lamb's gonna get the stroke going soon, just wait. And Miller is gonna be extremely solid and have some outstanding games for us this year.. Just a matter of time before we get fluid and get rolling smoothly.
Couldn't watch it and forgot to DVR it. Stats?
We're gonna be good once we get clicking on all cylinders. #8 will be hanging in Rupp after this year!!!!
vundy33 Wrote:^^^Duh.

We looked better than I thought we would. My God, I can't wait for the Kansas game.

I can't wait for both the Kansas Game and North Carolina Game.

I wish we'd play Duke so we can shut them up
And nobody is clicking on all cylinders in November. By mid season this team is going to be scary. Davis is be the most improved player on the team by the team SEC play comes around.
Kidd-Gilchrist on Cal saying he'll likely start: "Great to know, but it doesn’t mean anything. I just want to win, to tell you the truth."

Love that.
Davis and Wiltcher(spell check) need to get stronger! We are weak on the inside.
Game Ball: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

19 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists & 1 block.

He was also the best I noticed on defense as well.
Well Im gonna say as a football fan. I hope this team beats everyone in the SEC by at least 50 so we can get some payback.
If Gilchrist starts, whos sets?
Do you take a weak looking davis out and run 5 smaller guys and let jones guards the opposing teams bug man?
Do you take a senior in miller out and set him so gilchrist can start?
IMO you cant remove teague and jones period, and Cal has said if were gon a win, Lambs is gonna get us there and hes the best shooter weve got, so who would sit?
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Couldn't watch it and forgot to DVR it. Stats?

* Terrence Jones led all players with 22 points and 12 rebounds.

* Marquis Teague had 14 points and a game-high nine assists.

* Doron Lamb and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist tallied 19 points each.

* Anthony Davis blocked eight shots.
No love for the Knott co kid, tate cox?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Gilchrist starts, whos sets?
Do you take a weak looking davis out and run 5 smaller guys and let jones guards the opposing teams bug man?
IMO you cant remove teague and jones period, and Cal has said if were gon a win, Lambs is gonna get us there and hes the best shooter weve got, so who would sit?
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Kidd-Gilchrist scored 19 points, pulled down 7 rebounds, and dished out 5 assists in just 25 minutes

Lamb scored 19 points on 8-of-11 shooting including 3-of-6 from behind the three-point line

Miller scored 10 points with 5 rebounds and 4 assists in 27 minutes

You cant bench Teague,Jones, or Davis so i think its odvious who you bench Miller!!!.. he has been the weak link for two years and will be this year too... just because he is a senior dont mean he should start, you put the best players on the court and he is not one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tailback44 Wrote:No love for the Knott co kid, tate cox?

Yeah, he played really well. 15 points I believe
Dr. B Wrote:Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Kidd-Gilchrist scored 19 points, pulled down 7 rebounds, and dished out 5 assists in just 25 minutes

Lamb scored 19 points on 8-of-11 shooting including 3-of-6 from behind the three-point line

Miller scored 10 points with 5 rebounds and 4 assists in 27 minutes

You cant bench Teague,Jones, or Davis so i think its odvious who you bench Miller!!!.. he has been the weak link for two years and will be this year too... just because he is a senior dont mean he should start, you put the best players on the court and he is not one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you played for UK would you even see the floor from the bench?
^ wtf???? Wink
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Gilchrist starts, whos sets?

Miller. They play the same position and Gilchrist has outplayed him so far. Gilchrist might be the best overall player on the team. He's going to have a few games this year where he has near triple double numbers, and he actually might get one. I know Miller is a senior, but I said before the season started that Gilchrist was going to be nipping at his heels for that starting spot.
Davis didn't do much offensively, but he was a force on defense. He had 8 blocks I believe. Gotta keep the big man in there! Cal said he's further along than Marcus Camby was at this stage in his career.
Jones and Lamb are obvious starters.
Aslan Wrote:Miller. They play the same position and Gilchrist has outplayed him so far. Gilchrist might be the best overall player on the team. He's going to have a few games this year where he has near triple double numbers, and he actually might get one. I know Miller is a senior, but I said before the season started that Gilchrist was going to be nipping at his heels for that starting spot.
Davis didn't do much offensively, but he was a force on defense. He had 8 blocks I believe. Gotta keep the big man in there! Cal said he's further along than Marcus Camby was at this stage in his career.
Jones and Lamb are obvious starters.
I agree with you bub... I think you have to start Teague because he is a true PG and a good one at that
Stardust Wrote:^ wtf???? Wink

diducwutididthere? Smile
If anyone sits so Gilchrist can start, I'd choose Lamb. Some say he can't sit because he's the best 3-point shooter, but Darius can hit the 3 too. He's been a beast coming off the bench all year last year. Also, they can rotate between Darius and Doron depending on the team we're playing. Darius will be bigger than most 2 guards he is assigned to.

Gilchrist is just too good not to start. Sitting Davis is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I can't believe anyone would even mention that. If it comes down to it, sit Miller. We play to win, not start a senior just because. He can do plenty from the bench. I'd rather him start, but we need to do what we gotta do.
And fans that think anything shown in these exhibitions will prove correct for the rest of the year clearly don't learn from previous years. Nearly every first of the season worry we've had has really worked itself out. That was the first time they've played anyone else, and most teams, including us, play down to this competition. I don't think we'll get an accurate view of what this team is going to be until the Kansas game.
This is the best problem we as a Basketball Powerhouse could have. We have so much talent we have difficulty in deciding the starting 5. In all honesty anybody in our top seven players is one hell of a player.