Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Discussing 78 Game Schedule
There's no chance the NBA plays a full 82-game schedule this season. Not happening, so says David Stern.

With the positive momentum towards a deal there was a feeling a second schedule could be produced to save the entire NBA season. And while that's not a possibility now with talks breaking down, there is a shot at still playing 95 percent of a full schedule, according to the New York Post:

" ... Multiple sources predict a 78-game slate will be staged if the sides compromise on the revenue split by next weekend. The final schedule has to be an even number, sources said."

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports...a_txt_0001
Only missing 4 games?????
^ That's not bad. But I don't see them getting it done by next weekend unless there's something going on that we don't know about
I don't see why they can't do 82 if they can do 78 lol
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't see why they can't do 82 if they can do 78 lol

Yea really?
NBA regular season should only be about 62-68 games anyways. 82 is too much. Cut that by about 20 and teams/players will play harder to get into the playoffs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
I like the 82 game format.
I'd like to see someone challenge the 72-10 record the Bulls put up.
If they cut the games out...
it'll never happen lol
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't see why they can't do 82 if they can do 78 lol

No doubt. What is 4 more games anyway!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I hope they only get to play like 20
^Boooo!!!
^ I'm all for just having only an NBA Finals for this season, and it really does not matter to me who the match up against the Heat...... Smile
^True, the Heat would run through it I would think.
Either way, this is the year of LBJ.
^yeah i see the heat getting it done this year
Labor talks have come closer. Instead of losing games, they are just going to only have 3 quarters, and Lebron James will be the MVP and get his first title Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:^ I'm all for just having only an NBA Finals for this season, and it really does not matter to me who the match up against the Heat...... Smile

I agree. Just have one big tourney! Maybe I'll watch it the.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
LWC Wrote:Labor talks have come closer. Instead of losing games, they are just going to only have 3 quarters, and Lebron James will be the MVP and get his first title Big Grin

Ahh LWC I guess it's easy to hate when you know who the best is huh? :popcorn:
Ballers Wrote:^True, the Heat would run through it I would think.
Either way, this is the year of LBJ.

You've been saying that since you had an account on Rivals.
^No I haven't...
Never said once Cavaliers was going to win the NBA championship, and if you can find it where I said that I will leave Rivals and never come back.

I said he would last year when he joined the Heat Smile
Seems like I remember you saying the Cavs were going to win the last two years he was in Cleveland. I could be wrong. I'm way to lazy to go that far back and check for it, lol..
I know that Stardust has been saying it for the last few years for sure though.
Wasn't me brah.
This has made me hate the NBA...