Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 26, Christian County 13
The Warriors shock Christian County 26 to 13. The victory is the Warriors' 6th in a row. The loss for Christian County is their 1st of the season.

Great job Warriors!
Great win for the Warriors going into the playoffs. I am liking this team's chances in their region more and more each week.
GetChili Wrote:The Warriors shock Christian County 26 to 13. The victory is the Warriors' 6th in a row. The loss for Christian County is their 1st of the season.

Great job Warriors!

Southwestern has been as good as any team in 5A the second half of the year. Harlan Co better watch out.......the Warriors are on a roll.

Congrats Warriors.
Taking nothing away from Southwestern, but didn't Christian County start their 2nd string offense? Just something I had heard.
I would like to give interim head coach Andy Stephens some major props, as he led the Warriors to a district title and has the Warriors on a 6-game winning streak heading into the playoffs.
GetChili Wrote:I would like to give interim head coach Andy Stephens some major props, as he led the Warriors to a district title and has the Warriors on a 6-game winning streak heading into the playoffs.

Do you think he loses the interim tag after this season or will you guys look around?
GetChili Wrote:I would like to give interim head coach Andy Stephens some major props, as he led the Warriors to a district title and has the Warriors on a 6-game winning streak heading into the playoffs.

And major props to the players for focusing on football.
They should offer him the job. I think the administration will open the job up and interview people, but IMO think Stephens should get the job.
toolaidback Wrote:Taking nothing away from Southwestern, but didn't Christian County start their 2nd string offense? Just something I had heard.

That's what they were saying on the radio. On another site they said some were injured, some were suspended. Not the way you want to go into the playoffs.
DragonFire Wrote:That's what they were saying on the radio. On another site they said some were injured, some were suspended. Not the way you want to go into the playoffs.

Having a players out or not, it's still a big victory for the program. After all that the players have gone through, this is a huge morale booster.
laker20 Wrote:And major props to the players for focusing on football.

Totally agreed.
Impressive win for the Warriors. The Commodores could have their hands full in 2nd round of the playoffs.(If both win next week)

Congrats Southwestern.
Here is the game story:

http://somerset-kentucky.com/localsports...n-Co-26-13