Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who is the best freshmen out of the 57th district
and what do u all think about LC be added?
Chase Richardson-JC
Did you mean:

"Who are the best freshmen?"-wanting to know a listing of good people

OR

"Who is the best freshman?"- wanting to know one good person
"Fuzzy5118" Wrote:Did you mean:

"Who are the best freshmen?"-wanting to know a listing of good people

OR

"Who is the best freshman?"- wanting to know one good person

yeah i was wantin a list...sry bout the confusion
best freshmen in the 57th

1) Corey Adams best all around (PHS)
2) Chase Richardson best @ JCHS
3) Jacob Cyrus Best for his size and out feild (PHS)
4) Patrick Butcher Quickest (PHS)
5) Mike Conley best infielder (JCHS)
6) Zach Vialpando next best infield (PHS)

there may be a few others that I am unaware of , but I doubt it ! I know and have followed this group of kids diligently over the last few years

:theman:
i agree with Eagle Eye on this one...Richardson is a stud
Chase Richardson
Corey Adams IMO is the top frosh!!! Has speed, hits very well, can play defensively either catching or outfield, is a hard worker and has a great attitude!!
Chase Richardson is next in my book, as he hits with power, has decent speed, especially for his size, can pitch and is a very good first baseman. Also has very good work ethics and attitude.
After these guys, I am just going to name some players worthy of mentioning.
Mike Conley, great kid, good hitter, solid infielder and can give quality innings on the mound!
Jake Cyrus, great instincts in the outfield, loves the game, and does whatever he can to help his teams. Also, doesn't hit with power, but makes contact and has a decent on base average always. This kid just needs some size, but it will come.
Pat Butcher, SPEED.....makes up a lot of ground in areas where he might not be the best with using his speed!!! Hits pretty good and has a high percentage of scoring after he gots on.
Zack Vialpando, Gritty kid, that plays a great second base and is handy with the stick! Also is another that could stand a few more pounds!
Mark Minix, a hitter, but needs to get healthy and work on defense to secure a spot for playing time.
Tyler Lemaster, Doesn't look or act the part when you are just talking to the kid, but every part of his game is dead solid!! Get it done!!
The Ward kid from Sheldon Clark, is just a very solid player IMO!
[quote author=shelf link=topic=19644.msg195552#msg195552 date=1140831239]

2) Chase Richardson  best @ JCHS
4) Patrick Butcher Quickest   (PHS)
5) Mike Conley best infielder  (JCHS)

there may be a few others that I am unaware of , but I doubt it ! I know and have followed this group of kids  diligently over the last few years

[/quote]

ok there are a few u got right up there but the is a few of them that are wrong......they all are really good players...but u doudt u forgot some!!!!! well u have ......

.Shawn Selvage is a good outfielder and he can throw the ball from the mound.....and he is a southpaw......last year he played varsity for the paintsville tiger as an 8th grader...there an't many 8th graders that plays varsity level unless they r good......

mark minix played for varsity last year as an 8th grader....he showed alot in hitting last year for paintsville and when he is fully healthy he will show people alot

and both of these players started on the 2004 joinor league state championship team.......so what do u all have to say about that
[quote author=tiger baseball 09 link=topic=19644.msg212946#msg212946 date=1142627266]
[quote author=shelf link=topic=19644.msg195552#msg195552 date=1140831239]

2) Chase Richardson  best @ JCHS
4) Patrick Butcher Quickest   (PHS)
5) Mike Conley best infielder  (JCHS)

there may be a few others that I am unaware of , but I doubt it ! I know and have followed this group of kids  diligently over the last few years

[/quote]

ok there are a few u got right up there but the is a few of them that are wrong......they all are really good players...but u doudt u forgot some!!!!! well u have ......

.Shawn Selvage is a good outfielder and he can throw the ball from the mound.....and he is a southpaw......last year he played varsity for the paintsville tiger as an 8th grader...there an't many 8th graders that plays varsity level unless they r good......

mark minix played for varsity last year as an 8th grader....he showed alot in hitting last year for paintsville and when he is fully healthy he will show people alot

and both of these players started on the 2004 joinor league state championship team.......so what do u all have to say about that
[/quote]

They said there might be some they forgot....no need getting all fired up about it.  Minix is a good hitter, but struggles fielding the ball, but has great potential if he stays focused and healthy.  Did these guys get much playing time on varsity last year or did they just dress?  I didn't get to take in many Tiger baseball games last year, but have seen these young men through all-stars through the years.