Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslims Say Crosses at Catholic Univ. Offensive
The Washington, D.C. Office of Human Rights confirmed that it is investigating allegations that Catholic University violated the human rights of Muslim students by not allowing them to form a Muslim student group and by not providing them rooms without Christian symbols for their daily prayers.

The investigation alleges that Muslim students “must perform their prayers surrounded by symbols of Catholicism – e.g., a wooden crucifix, paintings of Jesus, pictures of priests and theologians which many Muslim students find inappropriate.”

http://www.wtfnews.org/religion/muslims-...offensive/
If the Muslims are offended by the crosses, maybe they should go to school somewhere else.
What is the point in a muslim going to a catholic school?

We already do everything they want to say in a certain school system. Its called the public school system.
This is ridiculous...

I have pics of 7 head-less bodies in Afghan...their heads were cut off because they were trying to start a Christian academy. Has no relation to this story, but I know of no where on earth that Catholics do that to anyone, not these days.

Just stop bitching and get an education, remove the stuff from your room yourself, or cover it up. You are attending a CATHOLIC university, you know. I'd be glad I was even allowed to attend.
Hello Catholic University? We still have Freedom of Religion in this country right?
Then why goto a Catholic school?
airball3 Wrote:Then why goto a Catholic school?

Unfortunatley, because they can.

What is stupid is that these students were probably given FULL rides to attend
Why would they even be in a school like that?
They can complain all they want, however separation of state and church will prevail. I'm pretty sure there's already a court case about this, but I could be wrong.
Ya know what. I'm offended by everything these days. I'm offended that I don get special treatment because I'm white. I offended that I don't get special treatment because I'm of the Christian religion. I'm offended that I don't have a special college fund that is set aside specifically for people who have worked in a coal mine and want to get into something else. I'm offended that the president of the united states doesn't know what religion he wants to join.

**** all these civil rights groups who bitch abou being offended. I'm so sick of this. I'm no a racist or a bigot. You worship your way I'll worship mine. If I want to hang a cross in the middle of a damn school then I think I should be allowed to. And if you want to put a copy of the Koran underneath it I don't care. Put an American flag around a damn Buddha statue if you want to. But geez stop bitching and moaning. If you got to a catholic school maybe you should know what catholic people believe first.

I dont go to mcdonalds and threaten to sue because they don't serve me a whopper
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.