Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin County
How far will they go if they play at there full potential
I think they can make it to the regional tournament.
If they play like they have been they can atleast get to region.
i honestly think that if they play at there fullest potential they can make it to regional
If they are playing then like they are now they could give almost anybody a run for there money theyve proven time and time again they can play with anybody in the region all i have to say its Coach West has them clicking at the right time
yes i agree, all they need to do is keep doin wat they are, cause they are playing really good ball
They won't make it out of the district because they have to play Lawerence, who I know that they beat, and then Paintsville...It's a tough road but I just don't think they can make it
I beleive they will make it into the regional tourney
Now, if every team played to their fullest potential, how far would MC make it?
Well I believe if magoffin gets past lawerence county i think they will beat paintsville. They had em beat twice in regular season but lost it in the last couple of mins. They got more experience now.
If Magoffin gets past Lawerence County then they definitely won't get past Paintsville
"Big_Ben#7" Wrote:If Magoffin gets past Lawerence County then they definitely won't get past Paintsville

I'm just guessing here but im gonna go as far as to say your a die hard magoffin's horrible fan am i correct?
"Sidelines" Wrote:I'm just guessing here but im gonna go as far as to say your a die hard magoffin's horrible fan am i correct?
Thats exactly right man he hasnt said one posotive thing about MC that ive seen boys or girls he is just a hater from johnson central and i know that because that is the only school he says anything posotive about but alot of negatives against MC,LC,Paintsville, and SC :redboxer: :ChairHit:
i honestly think Magoffin can make it to the regional tourny......I just dont think it will happen THIS year. They have to keep up this hot streak they are on, but i dont think they will...not to say they cant, just dont think they will....with that said i HOPE they do go to the district championship to face my cardinals!!
"Big_Ben#7" Wrote:They won't make it out of the district because they have to play Lawerence, who I know that they beat, and then Paintsville...It's a tough road but I just don't think they can make it
give me a reason you hate Magoffin so bad
Alot of people hate to see a team get better and by being negative means your really a little afraid. Magoffin is alot better and some people just want to keep them down.
Magoffin can make the region and they did beat Betsy lane twice, oh and by the way, Didn't Betsy lane beat Paintsville? Magoffin played Paintsville a whole lot closer than J ohnson Central did, at least they didn't get beat by 30!
"The Boz" Wrote:Alot of people hate to see a team get better and by being negative means your really a little afraid. Magoffin is alot better and some people just want to keep them down.
Magoffin can make the region and they did beat Betsy lane twice, oh and by the way, Didn't Betsy lane beat Paintsville? Magoffin played Paintsville a whole lot closer than J ohnson Central did, at least they didn't get beat by 30!

now now, Johnson Central HAS beaten paintsville. Thats something the Hornets cant say at this point.
Magoffin is dangerous. They have the talent to knock off anyone.
I think MC is playing good ball right now and they are on a big roll !! The Hornets can make it to the regionals if they keep playing the way they are right now.This has to be one of the best districts as far as talent goes.It seems every team has at least two or three players on each team that can really light it up on any given night!! I hope who ever wins the 57th wins the 15th as well.
the 57th is wide open, i couldnt pick anyone to win, its gonna come down to the wire, any given night any team could win this, thats wat makes it so good, the way i see it, the team that comes in, and plays hard, team ball will win this district
Congrats to coach West! He's done an excellent job with the team. I hope they make the region, if just to see what everyone post. Seriously, I think if they keep their heads, listen to the coach they could make region. They play with alot of heart.
Magoffin is the most over-achieving team in the region this year hands down. Nobody expected such a well rounded ball club to come out of Salyersville. They play in the toughest district in the region and have some good quality wins under their belt. They are playing well at the right time and could get hot and knock off some teams, but I'm not sure they will be able to beat Lawrence in a hard fought battle and then tackle the Tigers in another hard fought battle. That is putting together two consecutive games of exceptional play in an extremley balanced district. It will be difficult, but not impossible. If the Hornets can minamize their turnovers and maximize their possesions they will be able to play with and beat anyone in the 57th. I am pulling for the Hornets over everyone except my Cardinals because I think they deserve somthing good to happen to them. Good luck Magoffin from one SC fan.................
I think MC has alot of talented players...such as Devin Rice and many others.
IMO THEY WONT MAKE IT OUT OF THE DISTRICT.
Magoffin County and Lawrence County have tougher roads than any other team to make it to the 15th Region Tournament. That's the way it should be given their district records and how tough the 57th District is.

But the question is, "How far can the Hornets go if they play to their full potential?"

My answer is, assuming they play to their full potential, Magoffin County can win the 15th Region Tournament. Going a step further, I believe they can play well with the 7th District Champions, but will not be able to beat them.

Another question was, "Now, what if all the other 15th Region teams play to their full potential, too?"

My answer is, assuming they play to their full potential, Magoffin County can win the 15th Region Tournament. Going a step further, I believe they can play well with the 7th District Champions, but will not be able to beat them.

Playing to their full potential, Magoffin has excellent talent at every single position. I know there are better players in some positions on other teams. But Magoffin (at full potential) has excellent players at ALL positions. Regardless of what strength the other 15th Region teams have, Magoffin is strong there, too. And they are strong at the other positions as well.

What do I think will ACTUALLY happen?

That's a different thread.

But I do think what COULD happen can ACTUALLY happen! :Thumbs: